PC Req : High end Processor/RAM for running sharepoint server 2010+ SQL server 2008+ Visual Studio

Pri

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:
To run a Virtual PC comprising of Microsoft Server R2 2008,Sharepoint 2010,SQL Server ,Visual Studio .

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 35-40 k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows Server

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:500 GB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: would like to have a basic LCD monitor .

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Optical drives are not needed .

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Once I get a strong opinion from this forum , I plan to buy it buy Aug 15

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler will be doing it .

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:I live in Kerala . I intend to buy it online or from local shops depending on the cost profitability .

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Minimum 16 GB of RAM is required to run the above mentioned Virtual PC . Please add a UPS to the config .
Edit / Delete Edit

Cilus

laborare est orare
Re: PC Req : High end Processor/RAM for running sharepoint server 2010+ SQL server 2008+ Visual Stud

16 GB Ram is not minimum for your requirement, they are more than sufficient to run it.

Opt for the following components:-

AMD FX-8320 @ 9.8K (8 Core, 3.6 GHz with 4.2 GHz turbo, 8MB L2 + 8MB L3)
ECS 970A-Delux motherboard @ 5.5K
HIS HD 6450 1GB @ 2.6K
Corsair/G-Skill 1333 MHz 8GB X 1 DDR3 @ 42K
WD Caviar Blue 500 GB SATA III 6 Gbps @ 3K
Dell IN2030M 20" 1600 X 900 LED Display @ 6K
Any standard Keyboard and Mouse @ 0.5K

OP
P

Pri

Broken In
Re: PC Req : High end Processor/RAM for running sharepoint server 2010+ SQL server 2008+ Visual Stud

Bro,
Sharepoint 2010 will be run as a VPC , Microsoft recommends 16 GB .

ECS 970A-Delux, is better than M5A97 EVO ? Also does the mobo have 3 slots for RAM for further upgrade ?

OP
P

Pri

Broken In

Should i go with FX - 8350 ?

@cilius : which PSU and UPS should i go for ? I wont be needing the graphics card . Also is there a Hyper V (I would be using it)support in 8350 ? I found some issues in the below post .

*social.technet.microsoft.com/Forum...ndows-8-pro-logon-screen-and-computer-freezes

Top Bottom