PC or Xbox 360 (Multiplayer)

Rohan_B

Journeyman
Hey Guys,
I just had my first experience of Multiplayer gaming(CoD Black OPS) on my friend's Xbox 360. I loved it and am planning to buy a console for my gaming as well. Now please tell me if I should get an Xbox 360 slim 250 gigs or a good GPU and PSU for my PC. I have a core i5 PC with 4 gigs of RAM And ATi Radeon 4350. A friend told me that PC isn't that great for multiplayer as on the PC as people use trainers,cheats and stuff. I am willing to pay the Xbox Live subscription fee if it really is worth it.
Thanx For The Help Guys!!:!::!:
:grin:

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Hey Guys,
I just had my first experience of Multiplayer gaming(CoD Black OPS) on my friend's Xbox 360. I loved it and am planning to buy a console for my gaming as well. Now please tell me if I should get an Xbox 360 slim 250 gigs or a good GPU and PSU for my PC. I have a core i5 PC with 4 gigs of RAM And ATi Radeon 4350. A friend told me that PC isn't that great for multiplayer as on the PC as people use trainers,cheats and stuff. I am willing to pay the Xbox Live subscription fee if it really is worth it.

Eh...no offense, but I don't know what your friend has been smoking. PC is where multiplayer (Internet based mind you) all began. There are some experiences that simply cannot be matched by the consoles. You have more online games (and better ones) on the PC than consoles.

People rarely use trainers these days , because it gets them permanently banned from the servers. I've only seen one game where the hacks got really bad , and this was way back in 1998 (Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 on the MSN Gaming Zone). Official servers almost never have hackers , and unofficial ones (unless the server admin allows it just to increase the fun factor).

I whole-heartedly recommend you go with the PC. Just upgrade that GPU to a HD 6950 or HD 6970. PSU can be a Corsair VX450W or a Corsair VX550W . Besides, you have no subscription fees (assuming the multiplayer game doesn't use a subscription-model) :p

Last edited:
PC multiplayer can never be matched IMO . You just cannot match the multiplayer of CS 1.6 on Vstreet servers or UT online . I know other games as well but playing multiplayer on PC is just awesome !

OP
Rohan_B

Rohan_B

Journeyman
@Tachyon1986 How much will a HD 6970 + a Suitable PSU cost?? And will it be able to run games like Crysis and AC:Brotherhood smoothly in 1080p??

Tachyon1986

In the zone
@Tachyon1986 How much will a HD 6970 + a Suitable PSU cost?? And will it be able to run games like Crysis and AC:Brotherhood smoothly in 1080p??

With the HD6970 2GB and a Corsair VX450W , it'll come around 25K. The HD 6950 2GB and a VX450W will come around 20K.

An alternative would be the MSI GTX 560Ti (Twin Frozr-II edition) at 15k. It's the one I use , and is a very competent card. Also , don't be fooled by the Corsair VX450W's power rating. Although it's rated output is 450W , the unit can actually give around 520-530W

I've never used ATI cards personally , because compared to nVidia they have poorer drivers that cause weird glitches in games. A friend of mine reported some graphical errors on his HD 6950 2GB.

And yes, you can run games like Crysis and AC:BrotherHood smoothly at HD resolutions. Well, how smoothly depends on the settings. Crysis can bring any card to it's knees , even on dual-GPU setups. The cards I mentioned fall in between mid and high tiers.

That 560Ti will always have better GFX. Consoles can never match with PC in terms of eye candy, remember.

BTW I think cosole MP > PC Mp.

gameranand

Living to Play
Go for PC upgrade. PC MP is unmatched and cannot be beaten.
Rohan_B said:
Will I get better graphics with the Msi GTX 560ti or an Xbox 360??
Bro Xbox 360 was made 5-6 years ago and 560 is one of the latest. What do you expect 560 will be better.:))

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
X360 multiplayer isn't free. Pay for membership, PS3 online is free. ANd PC toh everything free HAHA (just kidding)

tkin

Back to school!!
Hey Guys,
Xbox games use auto aim, end of story, next gen xbox will play the game itself, you get to do mundane tasks like washing cars etc.

OP
Rohan_B

Rohan_B

Journeyman
4 GB Kingston DDR3 RAM
WDC SATA 1TB Hard Disk
ATi Radeon 4350 With 2GB DDR3 Memory
Intel Core i5 650 3.20 GHz
Gigabyte H55m s2 Motherboard
Solitaire 500W PSU

These are the specs of my PC.
Will Msi GTX 560ti be suitable for my PC? Also what will it cost with a decent PSU(if required)?

Top Bottom