PC or Tablet

akash patel

Broken In
Hi, I am a bit(lot) of confused. i am student of 10th standard. i have been promised a high performance laptop for next year, but my present PC wont last that long.It is nothing more than a museum artifact, i have budget of Rs. 14000 and i want to purchase a home use PC for the use of this 1 year.But my friends suggested that i buy a tablet,now I am confused.I use my PC for listening to song, social networking, watching movies, transferring data from CD to pen drive or editing song, pictures,videos and sometimes for school projects especially for slides or presentations. I am sure that a tablet will be able to do most of these things, yet I am stuck between a PC and a tablet.I only need this for a year because i will get my alien ware next year.i somehow managed to collected Rs. 14000. i cant afford more than that for 1 year PC(or tablet).Tell me a tablet below 10k or a good CPU config. of 14k and also tell me which is better.

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
Hi, I am a bit(lot) of confused. i am student of 10th standard. i have been promised a high performance laptop for next year, but my present PC wont last that long.It is nothing more than a museum artifact, i have budget of Rs. 14000 and i want to purchase a home use PC for the use of this 1 year.But my friends suggested that i buy a tablet,now I am confused.I use my PC for listening to song, social networking, watching movies, transferring data from CD to pen drive or editing song, pictures,videos and sometimes for school projects especially for slides or presentations. I am sure that a tablet will be able to do most of these things, yet I am stuck between a PC and a tablet.I only need this for a year because i will get my alien ware next year.i somehow managed to collected Rs. 14000. i cant afford more than that for 1 year PC(or tablet).Tell me a tablet below 10k or a good CPU config. of 14k and also tell me which is better.

Get a pc use it for one year and then use ot as a download machine or htpc ..

OP
A

akash patel

Broken In
@Op- Fill up this

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:i use winamp, vlc format factory, phoenix,avast,utorrent,chrome,mediago,

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:13k-14k max.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:if you suggest.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:win xp

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:160 gb-320gb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:no, i have a crt LG 700E

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:i have dvd writer, speakers,ups,mousekey,board,webcam,mic.everything execpt this like ram, motherboard, processor, cooling system, power supply,etc

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:in 2 weeks

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:i have and i myself will do this.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:i live in raichur dist. in karnataka.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:i will only use this for 1 year. i am confused between a 10k tablet or a temp pc of 14k, after that i will get a alien ware, and i wont need the pc anymore.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Get this:
* Intel i3-2100 -- 6k
* Asus P8H61-M LX -- 3k
* Corsair 4GB DDR3 RAM -- 1.2k
* FSP SAGA-II 350W -- 1.5k
Total ---- 11.7k
Use your old HDD too. Else a new 500GB HDD would cost 4k more.
If you dont find FSP then go with Corsair VS-450 for 2.1k or Corsair CX-430v2 for 2.3k.

Top Bottom