PC not starting.

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Today, my psu went kaput and hence my pc refused to start.
So i got my pc a brand new psu and redid the connections.
My system config are.
Phenom x4 955 be on
M4a785td-v evo
no graphics card.
1 x 500 gb samsung.
1 x 500 gb wd green.
1 x 160 gb seagate.
Current Psu - zebbi 450w.
(I know the psu's crappy but my previous crappy psu powered my rig for 5 years, without fail)
Anyways, the green light on mobo indicating power is reaching mobo, once the main power is turned on.
Also, the fan spins once start botton is pressed.
But the only problem is that the there is no beep heard hence no bios hence monitor never turns on hence the orange light on monitor never turns green.
All the connections are tight and correct. The ram is properly fixed. The sata connections are perfect.
In short everythings correct but still the pc wont start.
Please help me here guys, i already feel like drug addict deprived of his daily dose..

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
See if you can jump start it. The point where the jumper connects the wire from the on/off chassis switch to the mother board, short it with a screw driver. Should be two metallic prongs.

Reset the CMOS once too.

OP
toad_frog09

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
I reset cmos.
Its still not working, but i'l try to jumpstart it now.
I'l reply if it works.
Thankyou sir.

Gollum

Collector
Two reasons for startup failure.
1. New psu is dead. Check if it can be started using the green write shorting method
2. Motherboard kaput.

OP
toad_frog09

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
@asingh - i tried to poke the screwdriver here and there but it wont work.
Can you try to break the method down to me.
I mean there are three pins (with jumper on 2 of 'em) near the set of pins on which speaker, start button is connected.
Apology for my noobness..
But my pc wont start and i am SAD.
@gollum-
there is a green light on my mobo that turns on when power reaches it. So kaput psu is out of question.
Now how should i test if mobo's damaged??

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
I mean there are three pins (with jumper on 2 of 'em) near the set of pins on which speaker, start button is connected.
@gollum-
there is a green light on my mobo that turns on when power reaches it. So kaput psu is out of question.

First try starting without RAM. See if there is any kind of BEEP sound.

Then try changing the ram in three other sockets one by one. BTW how much RAM d o you have?

refer to this

*www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

*www.pchell.com/hardware/beepcodes.shtml

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@gollum-

Trace the wire from the of/off button which goes into the motheboard. It should be to pins. Just touch them for 1/2 a second, it should jump start.

Gollum

Collector
@gollum-

lol even kaput psu and mobo show the green light on the mobo. Get another psu and try, if that also gives the same result then your mobo is dead.
Or as i said in my previous post, short the green wrire in the 24 pin connector with any adjacent black wire and see if the psu starts.
Since your pc stats for a brief moment upon pressing the power button, it is not the cause of the problem. You should check the power button only if the pc is completely dead and does not respond to any action done at the power button.

OP
toad_frog09

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
^^^haha.
Solved the problem myself.
Actually the Ide cable to dvd rom was not connected.
I forgot to mention that previously i'd given my dvd rom to a friend of mine. And pc stopped working there after.
Anyways, everythings fine now.
And thanks a lot everyone.
@gollum- tera comment pad k mere chati k baal khade ho gaye. Honestly, i was scared sh!t when you said that mobo could be damaged...

Top Bottom