PC not booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

domnic

Broken In
Check if the smps fan is workin...... Coz some days back i had the same problem my pc would go off after 30 mins or so but the motherboard led would glow and no display on the moniter..... so i opened it up and guess what there was a silver solution all over the processor and the fan so cleaned everything the processor,ram,fans... and found out that the bloody Smps fan was not workin thats what caused it 2 overheat...then i opened the spms and put just 3 to 4 drops of oil in the fan so that it losen up... Well its workin fine after that no problems yet....
So the Experience that i had with my pc id say its due to overheating was the prob in my case....Sorry for the long story guys thought it might be usefull to some1.......

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
so i opened it up and guess what there was a silver solution all over the processor and the fan so cleaned everything the processor,ram,fans... and found out that the bloody Smps fan was not workin thats what caused it 2 overheat...then i opened the spms and put just 3 to 4 drops of oil in the fan so that it losen up...

:rolleyes: Overheating...I agree...it cud be one of the reason...

what type of silver solution? How it was there..? :confused:

"SMPS fan not working" --- but initially the fan the works..then how come it is the
problem?? :confused:

"oil" --- Which type of oil (coconut,castor,etc) :!: & where 2 put the oil in the spindle
of the fan...:rolleyes:

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
if the SMPS fan works then why do u need oil
It would be better if you would get a 300W SMPS of any local brand from 300-350RS. only.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
My PC is not booting whenever i switch on the pc it does not give beep...& also the hdd & mobo LED's keeps glowing....:(

wats the problem?:x

Hey the problem is solved i think so....:D

on Friday 18th (10 PM) i opened my whole PC's parts...i.e mobo,RAM,Proc,Power Cables etc ....& cleaned them with a brush & cloth...coz lots of dust was accumulated since 2003 :D...i took me 2hours 2 clean & mount them again...phew ;)

& then crossed my fingers..booted...& voila...it booted perfectly...
on saturday-sunday played games perfectly...did all my work...

& not yet faced dat problem...

i think dust was the problem 4 all this??? :x

wat do u think..:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom