Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
My PC is not booting whenever i switch on the pc it does not give beep...& also
the hdd & mobo LED's keeps glowing....:(

wats the problem?:x

m3t4l_c0d3r

Broken In
hey dude
i had the same problem..but all i did was just remove the ram stick,clean it and put it back..it worked for me...if that doesnt work try removin the li-ion battery for a few secs..even that worked once..try both coz we're not sure what is causin it

webarchitect

Right off the assembly line
Check the power cables, the RAM, your'd HD connection, and check also if your monitor is ON and working. Sometimes my sister would lessen the brightness settings of my monitor and dimming it out. check that too.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Still not resolved...the PC boots after pressing the restart button...3 -5 times...
:(

checked everything...:confused:

D@rekills4

In the zone
New SMPS or RAM

Yeah he is right
Get a new SMPS
I used a 400 Watt SMPS and my PC used to restart randomly
So I changed to a 450 Watts SMPS ans the error was fixed
You get 3 beeps means the error is with the RAM
If its 4 or 5 beeps then I don't know what the error is!
You cleaned the RAM right
Actually this should fix the problem
Maybe a new SMPS or RAM would help!

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

one last question:
will i get a 200-250watt psu from any computer dealer...coz i have branded PC (whose
warranty is dead) :D

actually i have mATX cabinet so will there be ne problem getting the PSU in market ?? :confused:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
one last question:
will i get a 200-250watt psu from any computer dealer...coz i have branded PC (whose
warranty is dead) :D

actually i have mATX cabinet so will there be ne problem getting the PSU in market ?? :confused:
yes... you can get. Buy anything above 500 watt. Prefer a good brand.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

yes... you can get. Buy anything above 500 watt. Prefer a good brand.

thanx..but i need only 200-250 watt smps...for time being :D

bcoz i dont have a GCard :rolleyes:

one more thing is dat when i booted my pc by removing RAM it gave constant beeps....
& after inserting RAM (& again booting) the same problem occurred...i think its RAM
problem now not the PSU what do u think guys....:D

also,after cleaning the RAM & RAM slot it booted perfectly...worked for 15mins then
whooosh...pc got switched off...with only speakers & mobo LED glowing except hdd
& fans..:x

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
also,after cleaning the RAM & RAM slot it booted perfectly...worked for 15mins then
whooosh...pc got switched off...with only speakers & mobo LED glowing except hdd
& fans..:x
The problem may can be overheating.
Clean processor FAN, SMPS fan....... make sure SMPS FAN is running smoothly. If possible add a extra fan in cabinet (will hardly cost Rs. 100/-). Also leave sufficient space behind the cabinet for proper cooling.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

if there is any problem in RAM, than system will not boot. If your system boots..than there is no problem with RAM.

so there is only one consequence of BAD RAM & nothing else....:D
hence i presume dat a BAD RAM cannot cause the Processor & PSU fan 2 switch off :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom