PC MASTERACE ?? More like PC B@STARDRACE !!

In case anyone got offended by the title, i'll clarify my point as quickly as possible.

Now why did i use the term "B@STARD" ... well, because we ARE being treated as a B@stard child.

There was a time, back in the early 2000s, when PC games were making forays into the new worlds of gaming. New innovative games were coming up. Big devs and publishing companies like EA and Ubisoft were actually making great games. We had games like Bioshock, Farcry, COD Modern Warfare, HAlf Life 2 ... Those were the time PC Gamers were really running the gaming industry...

And then came PS3 and Xbox360..

Im telling you guys, our doom started from here onwards. These consoles had enough horsepower to run decently good graphically heavy games. This was also the internet-boom period when broadband became cheap in 3rd world countries and Optic Fibre technology started growing in Europe..which lead to PC Piracy and more online gamers on consoles Even though these consoles got Modded to run pirated games, the amount of money Publishers made from consoles was wayyy over that of PCs.

Ever since, PC GAMERS have become the B@stard child in the Video Game economy. Here is why--

1) Games are made thinking of Consoles first, PC second. If there is a concept that would run on PC but not on consoles, then that concept is discarded. The poor sales of Dawn Of War and Company of Heroes 2 furthur showed that PC-only genre is non-profitable.

2) The PC ports are made without much love. Why? because publishers dont want to spend money on a project that wont earn them much revenue.

3) The strategy genre is dying and only rich ambitious and reputed companies with a STRONG fanbase have the guts to continue this path. Eg. Relic and Blizzard. I dont think any new development studio will get the money to build a new radical innovative RTS game. EVER EVER.

4) Controls, menu layout, aiming mechanics in FPS/Action Adventure games. How many times do we PC gamers have to suffer those mouse acceleration. The stupid AutoAim and Hit Detection.. Modern FPS games just dont feel like FPS games anymore

5) We PC gamers are lucky if we can get to play AAA titles without a hitch on day one. Why is there a requirement for patches, bug fixes etc etc. While we so called PC Masterace so proudly talk about our superiority while shuffling around the internet for fixes, Console gamers are nicely sipping tea and playing without any issue.

6) WatchDogs graphics for PC intentionally reduced for the sake of consoles. Need i say more? Its like the b@stard child not getting a good gift because daddy is afraid the biological son may get upset. There are so many games which were forced to become inferior because some apple-of-daddy's eyes brat wanted things to suit his comfort.

We PC MASTERACE are nothing but the street side beggar who gets food only when leftovers remain. PC Gamers taunt at console gamers that their hardware is inferior..but guess what , our PC hardware becomes "old" the moment we buy it. Console gamer's hardware gets "old" only once in 5-6 years..

We PCMASTERACE will always be PCINFERIORRACE because our role in the gaming market is shrinking. Our opinions dont matter at all, our preferences, our demands, our expectations...they dont bring in money for the publishers....Indie games cannot redeem us, niche genres cannot redeem us. RTS games are dying... MMO games are becoming stagnant and dry...

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
this needs to be closed IMO as it will lead into a heated discussion(@ico [MENTION=56202]Anorion[/MENTION][MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION]) . too heated. But I'm replying to clear OPs mind and to have fun :p

broadband became cheap in 3rd world countries
LOL. Just look at India's internet. Developing countries internet is just meh
We had games like Bioshock, Farcry, COD Modern Warfare,
we still have them. Also FarCry is better than before
which lead to PC Piracy
There's enough console piracy
If there is a concept that would run on PC but not on consoles, then that concept is discarded
look up Witcher 3
The PC ports are made without much love. Why? because publishers dont want to spend money on a project that wont earn them much revenue.
more like devs are lazy

. I dont think any new development studio will get the money to build a new radical innovative RTS game
heard of kickstarter?
The stupid AutoAim and Hit Detection
try playing on hard
We PC gamers are lucky if we can get to play AAA titles without a hitch on day one. Why is there a requirement for patches, bug fixes etc etc.
you mean Ubi and EA? there are many other companies too.
WatchDogs graphics for PC intentionally reduced for the sake of consoles.
it was fixed by the PC community, if it was done on consoles, it could never have been fixed.

Some points for you -

> Dont only talk about how Ubi and EA is fuc*ing up, watch other companies too
>See both sides of the coin, research about it in bothj ways.
>Indies are here for PC.
>The people who say PCMasterRace and PC>Console are a bunch of sore virgin losers (with exceptions tho)
>Console has its own benefits and PC has its own
>Don't pour reddit here

Last edited:

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
[MENTION=1376]mikael_schiffer[/MENTION] I agree with you, dude. Totally to the point. Today's PC gamers are no more than the word you used in the title.

I've said it before that the best solution is to have a Gamer ID, instead of 10 DRMs, and then register each game to a gamer ID, synchronised online. And then all DRM should be killed. The most suitable company for this would be Microsoft, although I don't trust it.

I'm beginning to think its not about piracy anymore. Companies just want to maintain selling points for consoles for God knows what benefit from the console sellers or games.

Take my example, I purchased Far Cry 4 for Rs. 1800 and still I was flunked by approx. 5-6 GB of total updates, right in a month within release. Bug fixes? yeah!

And remember Ubisoft's drama about "If you can't see depth of field, you pirated it!".
Well, I've got news. I have an original copy, but I faced this problem for the first few days, with no option initially to disable it.

Would you call such a company cheat? I would. They called me a pirate, when I was not. Why can't I call this company a cheat?

Plus, they recommend 512 kbps connection while selling a game, conveniently ignoring that 6 GB of total updates on this connection would take 96,000 seconds. Which is 1.2 days of continuous downloading, or 14 days of 2 hours/ day each, assuming that the connection doesn't have a offtime, and it works full speed 24x7.
Resuming downloads is ok, but still if it takes days to download, is it worthy to be called "recommended speed"?

And all this is just 50% of the troubles, I faced with Far Cry 4, just to get it started.

I guess, there's only few ways to save us:

1. There should be common standards for PC, Xbox (next version) and Sony PS5, so that games are portable easily,

2. Gamer ID concept should be worked upon to reduce piracy, by collecting individual contact details, and having country specific laws for it,

3. We should talk with our wallet. A game's rubbish? Read reviews, don't purchase it. Although, sadly, their console ports are so cheap that even if they sell 5000 copies across the world (which is weak sales), they'll still be making thousands of dollars for not much effort.

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
In case anyone got offended by the title, i'll clarify my point as quickly as possible.

Now why did i use the term "B@STARD" ... well, because we ARE being treated as a B@stard child.

There was a time, back in the early 2000s, when PC games were making forays into the new worlds of gaming. New innovative games were coming up. Big devs and publishing companies like EA and Ubisoft were actually making great games. We had games like Bioshock, Farcry, COD Modern Warfare, HAlf Life 2 ... Those were the time PC Gamers were really running the gaming industry...

Im telling you guys, our doom started from here onwards. These consoles had enough horsepower to run decently good graphically heavy games. This was also the internet-boom period when broadband became cheap in 3rd world countries and Optic Fibre technology started growing in Europe..which lead to PC Piracy and more online gamers on consoles Even though these consoles got Modded to run pirated games, the amount of money Publishers made from consoles was wayyy over that of PCs.

Ever since, PC GAMERS have become the B@stard child in the Video Game economy. Here is why--

1) Games are made thinking of Consoles first, PC second. If there is a concept that would run on PC but not on consoles, then that concept is discarded. The poor sales of Dawn Of War and Company of Heroes 2 furthur showed that PC-only genre is non-profitable.

2) The PC ports are made without much love. Why? because publishers dont want to spend money on a project that wont earn them much revenue.

3) The strategy genre is dying and only rich ambitious and reputed companies with a STRONG fanbase have the guts to continue this path. Eg. Relic and Blizzard. I dont think any new development studio will get the money to build a new radical innovative RTS game. EVER EVER.

4) Controls, menu layout, aiming mechanics in FPS/Action Adventure games. How many times do we PC gamers have to suffer those mouse acceleration. The stupid AutoAim and Hit Detection.. Modern FPS games just dont feel like FPS games anymore

5) We PC gamers are lucky if we can get to play AAA titles without a hitch on day one. Why is there a requirement for patches, bug fixes etc etc. While we so called PC Masterace so proudly talk about our superiority while shuffling around the internet for fixes, Console gamers are nicely sipping tea and playing without any issue.

6) WatchDogs graphics for PC intentionally reduced for the sake of consoles. Need i say more? Its like the b@stard child not getting a good gift because daddy is afraid the biological son may get upset. There are so many games which were forced to become inferior because some apple-of-daddy's eyes brat wanted things to suit his comfort.

We PC MASTERACE are nothing but the street side beggar who gets food only when leftovers remain. PC Gamers taunt at console gamers that their hardware is inferior..but guess what , our PC hardware becomes "old" the moment we buy it. Console gamer's hardware gets "old" only once in 5-6 years..

We PCMASTERACE will always be PCINFERIORRACE because our role in the gaming market is shrinking. Our opinions dont matter at all, our preferences, our demands, our expectations...they dont bring in money for the publishers....Indie games cannot redeem us, niche genres cannot redeem us. RTS games are dying... MMO games are becoming stagnant and dry...

Try posting HERE : r/pcmasterrace/

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
LOL. Just look at India's internet. Developing countries internet is just meh
The wider,cheaper and easier access of games due to internet proliferation has increased piracy. Look at Palika bazaar. People hardly go there for buying pirated games/movies. I haven't bought a single pirated game since Doom 3. Torrents are more reliable, and updated versions/patch fixes/DLCs etc etc are continuously uploaded. Why risk spending so much money on pirated games that have a 50/50 chance of working...THAT IS, IF THEY EVER RUN...
Before , downloading a 1 MB Dota map used to be a pain, now downloading a game takes 1 week even for heavy AAA titles on crappy 512kbps connections.

we still have them. Also FarCry is better than before
Comparing to the Far Cry 1 back then and the current Far Cry 4 right now, Far Cry 1 is way superior,considering quality standard of that time. It was the forerunner of graphics with its CryEngine, or whatever it was called back then. Awesome graphics with very good scaling. It was the only game that could give IdTech Engine -Doom 3 a run for its money. Seriously how much has Far Cry series innovated since Far Cry 2?? I bet you find COD:Advance Warfare to be superior to COD:Modern Warfare

There's enough console piracy
what do you mean by enough? What are you comparing the stats with? The XboX One and PS 4 havnt been hacked yet. Its almost 1 and half year and no progress from hackers...It will get hacked one fine day...but so far no one knows when it will become a mainstream pirate-gamer's machine like PC. Till then, devs and publishers will find console game development more lucrative.

look up Witcher 3
Firstly, you are giving an example of an unreleased game, which is multi platform. Dont get hyped up like the people who were looking out for Destiny/Watchdogs/Assasins Creed etc. Secondly, how can you ignore all the AAA titles that have come out in the past 3-4 years that are shoddily made for the PC ?

more like devs are lazy
Lazy devs? Devs work under a budget and time frame. They try to do their best under the whip of the publishers.. I bet you blame Bungie for screwing up Destiny. Whoaaaa....I bet Bungie decided to lock in/hide pre-existing game content so that it can be unlocked later with paid DLC and EA had NOTHING to do with it!

try playing on hard
What if i told you that in some games hit detection is built into the game engine itself? Auto Aim and Aim Assist are the outcome of console games.

you mean Ubi and EA? there are many other companies too.
Yeah, other crappy companies like Capcom, Microsoft, Activitsion, Sega... want me to go on? DO you want me to justify this? Or would you rather look up the internet and save me the trouble?

it was fixed by the PC community, if it was done on consoles, it could never have been fixed.
Did you miss out on the fact that console versions almost never ever requires a fix? Seriously DID YOU EVEN READ MY POST?

Some points for you -

> Dont only talk about how Ubi and EA is fuc*ing up, watch other companies too
i mentioned other companies that messed up too
>See both sides of the coin, research about it in bothj ways.
Seeing from you post, we can all see who has done research.
>Indies are here for PC.
For how long will PC dominate this area? When small time devs see their games getting pirated like crazy they will start moving to consoles...history will repeat itself.. 10 Indies We're Excited to See on Xbox One - GameSpot
>The people who say PCMasterRace and PC>Console are a bunch of sore virgin losers (with exceptions tho)
good way to bring in reddit vocabulary
>Console has its own benefits and PC has its own
WHOA I DIDNT KNOW THAT !!!!!!!
>Don't pour reddit here
Well you just did. In TDF people give their thoughts and inputs through the use of reliable sources and experiences. Apparently you are the one who is going all reddit in here.

Gollum

Collector
PC gaming has taught me only one thing, Troubleshooting PC issues :evil:.
Which lead me to get a job in the PC market super easy. :cool::-D
It has also lead me to stop playing pc games and shift to full time console gamer.:wink:

You ask why?:-? Well, I'd like to play the game I just bought and not troubleshoot it.:evil:

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
The wider,cheaper and easier access of games due to internet proliferation has increased piracy. Look at Palika bazaar. People hardly go there for buying pirated games/movies. I haven't bought a single pirated game since Doom 3. Torrents are more reliable, and updated versions/patch fixes/DLCs etc etc are continuously uploaded. Why risk spending so much money on pirated games that have a 50/50 chance of working...THAT IS, IF THEY EVER RUN...
Before , downloading a 1 MB Dota map used to be a pain, now downloading a game takes 1 week even for heavy AAA titles on crappy 512kbps connections.

Comparing to the Far Cry 1 back then and the current Far Cry 4 right now, Far Cry 1 is way superior,considering quality standard of that time. It was the forerunner of graphics with its CryEngine, or whatever it was called back then. Awesome graphics with very good scaling. It was the only game that could give IdTech Engine -Doom 3 a run for its money. Seriously how much has Far Cry series innovated since Far Cry 2?? I bet you find COD:Advance Warfare to be superior to COD:Modern Warfare

what do you mean by enough? What are you comparing the stats with? The XboX One and PS 4 havnt been hacked yet. Its almost 1 and half year and no progress from hackers...It will get hacked one fine day...but so far no one knows when it will become a mainstream pirate-gamer's machine like PC. Till then, devs and publishers will find console game development more lucrative.

Firstly, you are giving an example of an unreleased game, which is multi platform. Dont get hyped up like the people who were looking out for Destiny/Watchdogs/Assasins Creed etc. Secondly, how can you ignore all the AAA titles that have come out in the past 3-4 years that are shoddily made for the PC ?

Lazy devs? Devs work under a budget and time frame. They try to do their best under the whip of the publishers.. I bet you blame Bungie for screwing up Destiny. Whoaaaa....I bet Bungie decided to lock in/hide pre-existing game content so that it can be unlocked later with paid DLC and EA had NOTHING to do with it!

What if i told you that in some games hit detection is built into the game engine itself? Auto Aim and Aim Assist are the outcome of console games.

Yeah, other crappy companies like Capcom, Microsoft, Activitsion, Sega... want me to go on? DO you want me to justify this? Or would you rather look up the internet and save me the trouble?

Did you miss out on the fact that console versions almost never ever requires a fix? Seriously DID YOU EVEN READ MY POST?

Some points for you -

i mentioned other companies that messed up too
Seeing from you post, we can all see who has done research.
For how long will PC dominate this area? When small time devs see their games getting pirated like crazy they will start moving to consoles...history will repeat itself.. 10 Indies We're Excited to See on Xbox One - GameSpot
good way to bring in reddit vocabulary
WHOA I DIDNT KNOW THAT !!!!!!!
Well you just did. In TDF people give their thoughts and inputs through the use of reliable sources and experiences. Apparently you are the one who is going all reddit in here.

[MENTION=1376]mikael_schiffer[/MENTION] you make some valid and solid points. Also dont accpet causal gaming crowd here to understand what is PCmaster race is.

- - - Updated - - -

PC gaming has taught me only one thing, Troubleshooting PC issues :evil:.
Which lead me to get a job in the PC market super easy. :cool::-D
It has also lead me to stop playing pc games and shift to full time console gamer.:wink:

You ask why?:-? Well, I'd like to play the game I just bought and not troubleshoot it.:evil:

in some cases its absolutely true.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
1) Games are made thinking of Consoles first, PC second.
I agree.. true tbh
2) The poor sales of Dawn Of War and Company of Heroes 2 furthur showed that PC-only genre is non-profitable.
League of Legends pulled in an estimated $964 million between January and September of this year, according to SuperData research (via VentureBeat), making the magical $1 billion mark almost a sure thing. And it's not alone: Last year's first-place finisher, the military FPS CrossFire, is at $897 million, Nexon's Dungeon Fighter Online is sitting at $891 million, and World of Warcraft has brought in $728 million. All them have a good shot at making it over the hump.
3) The strategy genre is dying
See my above reply..

Any games in particular ? Modern games dont have the laser point straight line accuracy of counter strike 1.6 for the sake or realism.. I agree, some games do have auto aim which you can turn off.. name one game that has auto aim and you arent able to turn off ..

I cant disagree with this but I think this could be because of the sheer variety of GPUs out in the market today.. When Dragon age inquisition launched, it was basically UNPLAYABLE for AMD 7xxx GPUs but after the omega patch, performance rose upto 40 %
There is nothing we can do about this, you want to complain .. go ahead

In what way is it the fault of PC Mustard race ? You know if they had those visuals on PC and not on consoles, no one would go for consoles.. How can you blame the mustard race for something shady ubisoft pulled off

Also, you conveniently missed all the points why people go for PC games rather than console..

PS:

I dont get it ? So Torrents arent pirated games ?

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Consoles are hassle free devices for the general public who don't care which CPU goes with which motherboard. Also, the major impression everyone has is that console owners are "cool" while PC owners are "nerds". Therefore, everyone wants to buy a console, giving rise to a new generation of casual gamers who don't have the patience to learn intricate or complex game mechanics. This gives rise to console cliches in games such as over-use of hints, over-use of direction markers, quick time events, auto aim, etc. just to accommodate a wider audience and not to alienate them with complexity. Complexity means different things to casual and serious gamers. Seasoned gamers view complexity as just another challenge, while casual gamers view it as a burden.

Therefore, as more such "casuals" started buying consoles, the industry bent over to produce more simplistic games to please them and PCs got (mostly poor) ports of such games. It's not like they can't make a proper port, but like all businesses, they want more profit with as less investment as possible. Creating a proper port would cost them more money and they would rather not invest any more cash than necessary. That is why PC ports are pretty shitty these days.

Such industry practices are holding technology back in terms of gaming.

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
I agree.. true tbh

See my above reply..

Any games in particular ? Modern games dont have the laser point straight line accuracy of counter strike 1.6 for the sake or realism.. I agree, some games do have auto aim which you can turn off.. name one game that has auto aim and you arent able to turn off ..

I cant disagree with this but I think this could be because of the sheer variety of GPUs out in the market today.. When Dragon age inquisition launched, it was basically UNPLAYABLE for AMD 7xxx GPUs but after the omega patch, performance rose upto 40 %
There is nothing we can do about this, you want to complain .. go ahead

In what way is it the fault of PC Mustard race ? You know if they had those visuals on PC and not on consoles, no one would go for consoles.. How can you blame the mustard race for something shady ubisoft pulled off

Also, you conveniently missed all the points why people go for PC games rather than console..

PS:

I dont get it ? So Torrents arent pirated games ?

You are mentioning Moba and FPS games which are completely multiplayer centric. By strategy i mean every genre under strategy,including single player. Westwood was shutdown due to poor sales from one of the best RTS franchise (C&C) And there are Baldurs Gate kind of RPG strategy games that arent being made anymore ever since the upsurge of consoles and increase in piracy. Thankfully a kickstarter project (by Larian) brought us Divinity Original Sin. We hardcore RPG Strategy gamers had to wait more than 14 years. I wonder how many more years we have to wait for the next game which is not console friendly PC port. Wasteland was a good attempt but then thats about it.

Regarding hit detection, check the complaints for Bad Company 2 and Advance Warfare. If consoles never existed we PC gamers would never have these problems. I will have to dig up year old posts on some forum to fish out more examples. One more i can recall as i type is Halo Combat Evolve. Originally meant for PC, Microsoft ate it up and gave us a PC port where the crosshair is bigger than some enemies.

I am not blaming PC Masterace, when did i ever blame. I am just telling how much victimised they are because of consoles. If a John Snow gets illtreated for being a B@stard, can we say its his fault? No right? I am pointing my finger at consoles. They are reason we got poor version of AAA titles. Im not understanding what you are getting at by implying that.

Why people choose PC games over consoles ( or vice versa) ??
Well there are many, and it varies from places to places. In my state even the richest gamer has to settle for PC games due to lack of availability of consoles.. In mainland India, its near impossible for a kid to convince parents to buy a Rs35,000 video game, even for wealthy families. So there it is-- Compulsion. Prices of games matter too. Console games from AAA titles hit Rs3000 at times. The lack ( or difficulty) of modding/hacking console deters most students living on pocketmoney and its way more economical gaming on PC. Its also easier to quietly snuck in a graphic card inside the family PC than hide a console in the living room. My parents never knew that our family PC had a GPU, (they are anti-games)

As for the Dragon Age part. Its a game that is supposed to be able to run on dual core cpu, but the devs removed the support. However, we poor pc gamers on Inter G series and i3 series have to use Extreme Injecter 3.3 hack tool to play. Same with Far Cry 4....cant run without hack. Not so priviledged now, are we?? I am a pirate, so no biggie, but imagine those people who bought the full retail version and got this ill treatment ??
Dont get me started on other AAA titles of 2013-14 era.
PS. Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4 and AC Rogue PC gamers still face problems despite all the patch downloads that blew off their monthly bandwidth quota, without complete fix.

Torrents are as pirated and illegal as those shady game DVDs. The difference is in reliability. Since torrenting has become easier and more reliable, people are more comfortable and confident with piracy. With pirated disk there is too much risk and people may opt to buy the original full priced game. One fellow bought PC version of Max Payne because the pirated version came in 5 seperate disk, thats Rs600 , not too different from Rs999 retail price. But we torrenters are smart enough to get the repack version ... Overall, no matter what , PC suffered more and more from internet profileration.

Akshay Biyani

Broken In

Say that again after windows 10 and direct 12 launches. OK. Btw both need to exist and both rock for different reasons. In Indian context where MOST parents are anti gaming.(yeah they will let you buy a 50k rig or even 70k laptops saying it's for educational purpose, and I am talking about middle class). So it's much much easier to CONSOLE parents to buy a rig. Whereas for those lucky *******s with gaming-friendly parents and rich guys who needs living room entertainment and don't worry much about quality per buck( just hassle free entertainment) would prefer consoles.

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
I am not blaming PC Masterace, when did i ever blame. I am just telling how much victimised they are because of consoles. If a John Snow gets illtreated for being a B@stard, can we say its his fault? No right? I am pointing my finger at consoles. They are reason we got poor version of AAA titles. Im not understanding what you are getting at by implying that.

Do not fret brother. PC Gaming will live as long as the light of our lord GabeN shines upon us.
PC gaming is alive and well thanks to the community so sayeth our lord and saviour GabeN(praise be upon him).

Seriously though. There was never a point when PC gaming was given second preference to Consoles. It is a balanced ecosystem where both PC and Consoles co-exist.
Sure you may think that Developers were keeping the performance of consoles in mind while building their games but that does not in any way indicate that PC gaming is suffering from the step father/mother syndrome. It involves a cr@pload of work to port an entire game among all the systems. Hence we receive crappy ports. But we get regular patches and driver updates to cover for that. Also there are ENB enhancers and mod support which make the experience on PC all the more awesome.

The fact that we receive launch day patches is reason enough to believe that PC gaming is still the developers priority. also robust multiplayer, support for community created content and the best of all, STEAM.

gameranand

Living to Play
Just woke up. Don't really want to wage a war in this thread but I gotta say that this thread is just one side of the coin.

Gollum

Collector
Say that again after windows 10 and direct 12 launches. OK. Btw both need to exist and both rock for different reasons. In Indian context where MOST parents are anti gaming.(yeah they will let you buy a 50k rig or even 70k laptops saying it's for educational purpose, and I am talking about middle class). So it's much much easier to CONSOLE parents to buy a rig. Whereas for those lucky *******s with gaming-friendly parents and rich guys who needs living room entertainment and don't worry much about quality per buck( just hassle free entertainment) would prefer consoles.

Sounds like the future me :D
I will make sure my kid looks at a PC like a device that is not made for playing games.
Well, technically consoles are made for the sole purpose of playing games and PC's to make them.

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
The thing is, the fragmentation in PC Game Systems was never a big,or real, issue back when consoles were inferior to PCs. When Doom3 came for PC, it looked great played great, the Xbox version came out,and that was pretty decent despite the poor downscaling of graphics..

Now that was a time when we could say PC MASTERRACE.

Most FPS were PC Only, and PC gamers got good FPS games. Console gamers were more than happy to get a piss-poor port (like Counterstrike)

With the launch of PS3 and Xbox360, the tables turned and from then onwards, consoles started ruling the gaming industry. They raked in more revenue,and devs started making FPS games suited for consoles first, PC second. By ruling i mean controlling the way games were being developed.

Sure PC gaming will always exist,and constitute the majority considering the higher population living in 3rd world regions. But we are now merely scratching the bottom of the barel. A game is praised like crazy for running well on PC. I mean WTF
That should be normally expected. Console gamers should be the one saying " OMG We are so lucky this modern game runs so well on our peasent-race Gaming consoles".

Console are not MasterRace
But PC is definetely the B@stardRace

gameranand

Living to Play
Either stop this madness or I am going to wage a war against this thread for sure which will get it locked and me banned(probably:D). :evil:

Flash

Lost in speed
This PC vs Console wars reminds me of these.. :lol:

*img0.joyreactor.com/pics/post/Dorkly-comics-food-fans-985699.jpeg

In the end, we just want to game.

Top Bottom