PC keeps rebooting

heartripple

In the zone
For last three months I am facing the problem of rebooting.
When I try to turn on the pc 7 times out of 10 it just don't pass the POST and reboots itself within 2-3 seconds. And when it boots up properly i can use it for 15-20 minutes in most cases and after that all of a sudden it gets rebooted and then the same problem again. In rare case I am able to run my pc normally.
My configuration
Intel i5 2500k
Asus P8Z68-V
Corsair HX 750
G-skill 4GB x 2 (1600 Mhz )
WD 750+2TB Seagate Green

Here is the list of solution I have tried n failed.

1) First of all I checked RAM , cleaned and reseated it.

2) Checked all the cables and reconnected it.

3) Totally cleaned my pc.

4) Removed heat sink n applied thermal paste of arctic silver.

5) Alternated each RAM in each slot of Motherboard.

6) Removed all HDD and checked one by one.

7) checked SMPS after removing all the cables and SMPS works nicely.

8) Got RAM from my friend n checked it in all the slot of Motherboard.

9) Removed all HDD n gave it to loacl rapairing center , but he didn't face any problem then.

10) Gave with all hardware to another person he pointed out to HDD problem. Which I solved by buying SSD Samsung 850 evo 256 GB and reinstalled the OS.

11) Used only SSD with fresh installed OS and removed all old HDD.

12) Updated my bios to latest version.

13) Replaced the motherboard cell.

14) CMos reset.

What I didn't do

1) Not checked my motherboard with other processor .
2) Not checked my Processor with other Motherboard.

Because I didn't find any compatible hardware around me.

Please help me guys. I am stuck very badly. Till now I have wasted 16k for solving the issue.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check with different PSU.

Remove and remount the processor. Make sure no pins are bent in cpu socket of the motherboard.

OP
heartripple

heartripple

In the zone
Procossor remounted after checking all the pins...

Have to check with different psu.But in my opinion problem is not with SMPS because it's running nicely after detaching all the hardwares and start it with sorting pins.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
I had a similar issue with my office PC. The PC would randomly reboot. IT guys nailed it down to faulty motherboard. After it was replaced everything came back to normal. If you don't have spare hardware to make certain tests, give it to a trusted local repair shop who with spare components can identify the source of the problem.

What you can try is run the system with minimal hardware. Just a RAM stick and CPU & Mobo. If the issue repeats it's mostly the CPU or mobo. If it runs stable for hours then isolate the issue by adding one component at a time.

OP
heartripple

heartripple

In the zone
I had a similar issue with my office PC. The PC would randomly reboot. IT guys nailed it down to faulty motherboard. After it was replaced everything came back to normal. If you don't have spare hardware to make certain tests, give it to a trusted local repair shop who with spare components can identify the source of the problem.

What you can try is run the system with minimal hardware. Just a RAM stick and CPU & Mobo. If the issue repeats it's mostly the CPU or mobo. If it runs stable for hours then isolate the issue by adding one component at a time.

Hmmm

Let take it to some other guy to check

- - - Updated - - -

Right now tried to turn the pc on and to my surprise it booted up normally in 1st attempt.

I am posting this form the same pc .

it happens in rare occasions.

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed one thing , when I try to turn on my pc there few led lights blink for a second in certain order on my motherboard

The first led blinks when i try to turn the pc on is dram led. Other led follows.

In 90% dram led blinks and then pc gets rebooted. What is the dram ? And is there any problem with these kind of situation ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
dram is linked with "Memory modules" / Memory controller / Memory slots of the motherboard

OP
heartripple

heartripple

In the zone
Still no update from the guy to whom i have given my pc to check the problem

He said he will tell me tomorrow.

OP
heartripple

heartripple

In the zone
Met the guy who is repairing my pc.
He told me that there is some issue with motherboard and it will take 4-5 days to be exact location.

OP
heartripple

heartripple

In the zone
Well I got my pc yesterday.

He told me that the hit sink of cpu was not been properly seated.
I told him if you are pointing towards this please explain why my pc dont start normally for the 1st time in the day ?
at that time my pc wont be over heated ?

the guy said he was used my pc for 3 days after the heat sink was properly seated and he never faced the rebooting issue .

Right now I am trying to keep my pc running whole night n the day following and let me try to download some large files with bit torrent.

Piyush Gupta Banglore

Right off the assembly line
i think the temp is an issue for the restarting you must ensure that the power through power supply is come in accurate condition if it is not so it will definatlly heatup the cpu that may happens the restart problem.
*etrotvrepair.com/
ETRO

#Lg led repair
#samsung led repair

Top Bottom