PC hangs while checking RAM & Gives Beep...... BeepBeepBeep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shailendra

Right off the assembly line
Hi all,
I have Desktop PC of following configuration
266Mhz Celeron, RAM 128MB(133Mhz) + 32MB(66Mhz)
Intel Chipset i440LX Motherboard, Intel i740 AGP Card With 8MB Video Ram, I am using this configuration for more than 2 years with out any problem.
Some days back my PC hangs while checking RAM (power on self Test), I have tried restarting PC but dosent work. I have also noticed that my PC hangs at different points while power on self test (it dosent stuck at same location).
I have tried changing banks of RAM, Pressed (to check for any loose contact).. After that there was No display !! I pressed AGP card..now there was a display but PC is not able to do complete Power on Self Test.

Does Beep(followed by some delay).........BeepBeepBeep(no delay) mean there is no/loose diaplay/AGP card. ??

I have tried almost one day!! working on my PC... :(

I was not able to find any solution to above problem.. Pls help me to boot my PC...

Thanks for any replies in advance

Shailendra.

Byte

Ninja Jedi
Sounds like dead RAM. Apart from changing the banks did you try removing each module at a time? Also, mixing a 133 MHz module with a 66 MHz module is not a good idea at all.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
happened with me just a week ago
and i lost him omy i lost it
MY RAM IS DEAD
bohooooo
ahem....
ok
yaa my ram gave up
having a DINSOUR MOBO
so had to blow a BIG hole in my wallet
3200Rs for a 256mb SD RAM

Amit Prabhu

Right off the assembly line
hey try removing the ram and put in another slot.. if still this problem then try getting a ram from ur friend and put it there.. if it works then problem with ur ram.. if it doesn't work then try putting ur ram in ur friends comp.. if it works there then problem with ur m/b..

S

spykids_666

UR RAMS DEAD!!!!!
UR RAMS DEAD!!!!!
UR RAMS DEAD!!!!!

THAT THE MEANING OF BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP IN THE COMPUTER LANGUAGE.

R.I.P.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Ur rams dead. Try it on a frens machine which takes the same freq ram. if it works then either the mobo is gone or cmos battery is gone or the cmos is. Dont go to the cmos try the ram first but take care that the machine accepts 133MHz ram otherwise itll not detect the ram. Prayin that ur ram shud be alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom