PC Hangs if i kick the CPU Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
So if i accidentally kick the CPU Cabinet near my legs, my PC stops responding. Nothing helps and i have to reboot by powering off/on.

Any idea why this happens and what could be done to avoid it?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
So if i accidentally kick the CPU Cabinet near my legs, my PC stops responding. Nothing helps and i have to reboot by powering off/on.

change the location of cabby,at least not near legs
kicking must have given a shake to inside components which lead to a freeze

I hope u don't kick while in sleep :lol:

OP
srkmish

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
So is this a normal thing?. I was not clear i think. Even sometimes a nudge leads to a freeze. This never happens with laptops though.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Keep it on your table as less dust accumulates and so can clean your PC once in every 3 months and keep in mind that good cable management also keeps your cabinet cool along with some good 120mm fans for intake and exhaust as well.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

happened with me only once but the cause can be anything .. so better avoid such things. Make sure you have mounted the motherboard firmly with enough screws and standoffs with the cabinet.

abhidev

Human Spambot
why would you even accidentally kick your beloved computer which has served whenever you needed the most :(

just kidding :D ...change the location of the cabinet and check if any of the components are not fitted properly

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
My guess is the RAM modules. They may not be fit tightly. And try not to kick/move your system while in use. Keep the cabinet on the table, so you would have more leg room also :D

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Seriously srkmish!
You kick your PC, and you expect your PC to behave normally? If I were a PC, I would evolve myself to grow a pair of legs to kick you back.

Or just let you starve for Internet, by corrupting your router settings each time you configure it. :(

Flash

Lost in speed
Just install Antikickware 2013, it will take care of your PC from switching off, whenever an accidental kick is registered/

Gollum

Collector
lol funniest thread ever. I kicked my pc once the same way, still worked okay, got a huge dent on the side panel.

But seriously though. just eiter don't kick it or open it up and make sure all wires are connected properly

Hrishi

I hope you don't do this with your Laptop. It'll be no match for your kick-boxing skills.
On A serious Note : Don't kick it too much , chances for short-circuit is very likely.

OP
srkmish

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Just install Antikickware 2013, it will take care of your PC from switching off, whenever an accidental kick is registered/

Thanks . This was the best solution. Now i can kick my PC all day without worrying about freezing.In fact, me and my friends are having a kicking competition now where we beat the hell out of my PC and whoever gets to freeze it first wins :D .

I have changed the CPU position for now. If this reoccurs, maybe ill check the wires(too lazy to do this currently)

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
The antikick ware thingy is not working.
error is coming

The URL *Ah!! got
you!! / contains characters
that are not valid in the
location they are found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom