Asus DRW-24B3ST Internal Optical Drive | Internal Optical Drive | Flipkart.com

Yes get that corsair ram.

For Case
Try to get it locally.

OP
N

nokia6600

Broken In
Thank you Minion. I'll be getting a Windows7 copy from a friend this evening, I have asked for 64bit but don't know which edition to go for, Home/Professional or Ultimate?

OP
N

nokia6600

Broken In
Sorry for the delay, I couldn't make the purchase till now due to some trouble. I enquired in some computer forums about this specs and they're suggesting me to get a 2x2GB RAM and a more powerful PSU if I tend to add a GPU later so I wont have to replace the PSU as well. Need experts advice on this please?

Minion

Conversation Architect
Get single 4GB stick it will allow you to add another ram in future if you need powerful psu go with corsair CX500 v2 or Seasonic s12 520 watts.

OP
N

nokia6600

Broken In
I have no idea if I need a more powerful one.. Will that 500 watts psu take care of things when I add a gpu later? I certainly don't wanna replace the psu when I make an upgrade just after few months

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2UK 600 Watts @ 4.2k
Corsair CMPSU-600GUK 600 Watts @ 4.5k
Seasonic S12II-520 520 Watts @ 4.7k
these are too much to future proof your rig:-D

OP
N

nokia6600

Broken In
Thanks for your reply. The only changes I'll be making to this rig in future is add one more 4gb ram, additional 500gb/1tb hdd and a gpu. I know graphics cards like AMD 6770 can run fine with a corsair 420v but will that power the additional hdd and ram? I don't want to spend extra cash on a higher psu right now if the 420v can pretty much handle my upgrades

Minion

Conversation Architect
Thanks for your reply. The only changes I'll be making to this rig in future is add one more 4gb ram, additional 500gb/1tb hdd and a gpu. I know graphics cards like AMD 6770 can run fine with a corsair 420v but will that power the additional hdd and ram? I don't want to spend extra cash on a higher psu right now if the 420v can pretty much handle my upgrades

To be on safer side you could opt for FSP saga 500 watts for 2.3k.

OP
N

nokia6600

Broken In
Guys, has anyone experienced a better performance in photoshop when OC'd?

Guys, I'm in a big dilemma right now.
Someone suggested me to go with Pentium G620 and Asus P8B75-M so I can have room for adding SSD to improve my photoshop performance as this mobo features SATA 6Gbps. And later down the line replace the processor with i5. If I go with 960T + GA 78-LMT-SP I'd probably add another 4GB RAM + GPU and MAYBE a SSD to get better performance related to photoshop work. Not right now but in future. So is it a wise decision to go with phenom 960T or wait some time to save some cash and get the i5 at first so I won't have to replace anything and just add the same upgrades to get even much better results? I'm greatly confused!
Edit: Please share any suggestions you feel that would help/improve my query.

Last edited:

clmlbx

Technomancer
If budget suits you then Intel always beats AMD in Performance means always.. saying by experience.. experience photoshop and many many multilmedia apps user.

OP
N

nokia6600

Broken In
^ it might take time to save the extra cash man. What do you think about my upgrades that I planned to add later? You think they're worth it?

Minion

Conversation Architect
phenom is more suitable. photoshop can utilize multiple cores again if you are going to add AMD GPU it will utilize stream tech similar to CUDA found in nvidia GPU which will further enhance photoshop performance I would say go with phenom 960T.
If you are in doubt I am using phenom X4 945 and its performing very good.

You could add SSD latter it will help in loading application and OS much faster.

Benchmark you find all over net are synthetic in real world you will not find much difference between various processor so get 960T its quad core cheap and future proof.

Spending lot of money in PC is not good since every year you will see new processor new tech.till now I have AMD athlon 2400+ system Iam using it for basic tasks like using MS office,watching movies,listening music and browsing.
I am typing this post from my old PC.

Last edited:

clmlbx

Technomancer
^ it might take time to save the extra cash man. What do you think about my upgrades that I planned to add later? You think they're worth it?

that is the Reason I said If budget suits you..

don't at all go for that dual core processor.. even if temporary..

for type of work you are gonna do 4GB is pretty enough.. you might see some lag when you use filters that too is solved with cs6..

I will say you skip SSD if you want to according to budget is not necessary.. obviously it will increase little performance but you won't see any drastic changes..

changes you might see with SSD is windows , Photoshop launches fast.. you can save & open big files very fast.. so you can live without it..

Gpu is very much necessary so do buy it

Bottom line if you can wait and can gather money then go with i5 if not then go with 960T but don't at all go for that Intel dual core processor

OP
N

nokia6600

Broken In
Thanks for sticking with this thread Sai, Minion and clmlbx. There's few more questions to go:
1.Would it be better a idea to replace the mobo with something better that supports Sata 6Gbps and has the potential to OC this processor?
I know I can't do much with this mobo and stick to stock speed forever.
I need a board with I can try my luck of unlocking extra cores or simply OC it to the max to gain performance... Man I definitely need OC'ing if unlocking the extra cores fail me! It's either unlocking + overclocking or just overclocking. I'll end up getting an after market cooler down the road so need to make sure my mobo is worth it. (user experiences would be appreciated)
About the SSD... I will only add it if it can make a HUGE difference in performance. Otherwise just a gfx card and nothing fancy.
2.Is this board good enough to hold DDR5 cards like 6670/6770 and run forever when there's no OC'ing done to it at all?
I know this has all started to sound boring already but please hold on tight till I get through.. Lol

Minion

Conversation Architect
My suggestion is if you can spend get a better board.they will allow you for future upgrades they comes with better VRM,more ports better motherboard components

OP
N

nokia6600

Broken In
Found one! Lol Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com I read very good reviews about it's ability to OC like a beast! Does it look good guys? Anyone own one?

Or this one? ASUS M5A88-M Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com it has on-board graphics as well, can I expect external graphics card like performance on this one?

Top Bottom