PC for Photoshop at 25k!

OP
N

nokia6600

Broken In
Thank you so much @Cilus, btw if I go by your specifications and decide to buy an UPS later if not now, can I buy the "Apc 600va" which vicky suggested for his list? @theserpent, any idea where I can look for wacom intous tablet? :)

clmlbx

Technomancer
@theserpent even I will say IPS screen is Good.. Photoshop works in colors and IPS shows best colors.. Two screens are always desirable if you wish to work in any designing apps.. one for all panels and second for your canvas..

But it's mostly on a personal choice..

@OP you will buy LED at least which is much better then LCD what I am using for Photoshop :(.. and buy at least 20inch no lesser then that ... I would prefer Samsung any day.. Best monitors

@nokia6600 sorry to say but for now forget about Intuos.. Intuos cost is equal to your Pc budget.. unless you can increase your budget (2 times).. you can look for bamboo series which are cheaper for passionate people.. Professionally Intuos beats Bamboo..

also buy a GPU, few features are available only if you have GPU..

Most Importantly what type of work do you want to do with this system in Photoshop..

what will be your average resolution of images you will be working on.. ?

Answer this two questions to get much exact recommendations.

OP
N

nokia6600

Broken In
Mostly work on flex board designs, and I'm not sure about the resolution for now but all of them should be in high quality. Will there be a problem?

clmlbx

Technomancer
Resolution/what type of work you want to do is very important before you buy Hardware..

give you couple of scenarios..

If you are working with just business cards, small banners,brochures, then simple P4(have seen people working on it) or c2D is enough.

If you are into designing high resolution for Bill boards, flex, Raw Images,matte or digital paintings then you might need good system with phenom at least..

See my config.. I use Photoshop on Daily basis. Once I tried to take output of my Design of Banner for Print.. banner was around 5 meters and resolution was around 20K-30K..

I tried lot but my system crashed every time.. then I decreased some quality then I was able to get that output..

OP
N

nokia6600

Broken In
If you are into designing high resolution for Bill boards, flex, Raw Images,matte or digital paintings then you might need good system with phenom at least..

YES! That's exactly the type of work I will be mostly doing on this PC. Moreover he did suggest the Phenom II X4 960T, which is what I'll be buying, so there won't be a problem, right?

clmlbx

Technomancer
PENTIUM4 and C2D is outdated years ago .

I never suggested to buy that.. I just said it is enough.. and people more precise professionals are using those system presently. Personally seen it..

Just two days ago I had gone for an Interview for post of Web designer.. Work is not even started yet.. furniture's , computers are new .. many computers had not even started.. office was open for just recruitment.

I also had a technical Interview where I saw dual core processors..older then C2D

AND according to my friend (who works in a computer shop) even P3 is used at present time..

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
YES! That's exactly the type of work I will be mostly doing on this PC. Moreover he did suggest the Phenom II X4 960T, which is what I'll be buying, so there won't be a problem, right?

Go with it mate.

Change DVD writer to HP they will cost you same 900 bucks and monitor to samsung B2030 around 5.6k.

1manshow

Journeyman

Yes, it would be more than enough for this task. Also don't forget that it has high chance of getting unlocked (with compatible mobo) to 6 core processor. That is an added bonus!

OP
N

nokia6600

Broken In
Minion, thanks mate. I'm thinking of going with the 20" LED monitor from Samsung. Its good, right? I know I'm crossing the budget but thats the only way... @1manshow, so is this the right board to do that stuff? Btw guys I got a problem now, I planned to install 32 bit OS of Windows then I read somewhere that 32 bit OS cannot utilize the whole 4 GB of RAM but 64 bit can, so is it a wise choice to buy 4 GB RAM when you're going to use 32 bit OS ? I know I'm asking too many dumb questions but thats because I have just begun, so please...

kisame

King of Heroes
4 gb ram can be utilized fully on 32-bit OS(google it) but individual applications will not be able to use more than 2 gb AFAIK.I would recommend to go with 64-bit OS.
BTW,any reason for giving preference to 32-bit OS???

OP
N

nokia6600

Broken In
No, no specific reason really. I can go with 64 bit if there's a need to. I just heard there are more games and apps designed to run on 32 bit. So does 2 GB limit for running apps apply for 64 bit as well?

Minion

Conversation Architect
4 gb ram can be utilized fully on 32-bit OS(google it) but individual applications will not be able to use more than 2 gb AFAIK.I would recommend to go with 64-bit OS.
BTW,any reason for giving preference to 32-bit OS???

In a 32bit OS you can't use more than 3.25GB of RAM.

In a 32bit OS you can't use more than 3.25GB of RAM.

I am having 5GB of ram and 64bit in 7 OS it is showing 5GB of ram is usable 64bit OS will support upto 32GB of Ram

64bit OS has no such 2GB limit told by kisime.But you need to run 64 bit applications to use more than 3.25GB of RAM.It doesn't mean you can't install 32 bit application you can install them too in 64 bit OS.

Minion, thanks mate. I'm thinking of going with the 20" LED monitor from Samsung. Its good, right?

Yes, I am using it and it got very good reviews over internet.

clmlbx

Technomancer
definetly go for 64bit .,, you can't use 4GB ram in 32bit OS.

Photoshop has 64bit support..so install photoshop 64bit...

Later you might need to add more ram so 64bit is good..

Anyway why do you forget most important thing beside ram is even your processor supports 64bit .. So with 64bit os it will calculate faster.. 32bit is like bottlenecking your processor.

Last edited:
OP
N

nokia6600

Broken In
@clmlbx, so 64 bit it is! @Minion, 5GB of RAM as in adding additional 1GB with a 4GB RAM on the motherboard? Can I do that with this board too? Btw if I wanted to add one more 500GB HDD at some point of time, how do I do it without replacing the old one? I'm new to this, so it's a mess until I learn the basics. Of course I'm making efforts to google it. Any links from you guys would help too!

clmlbx

Technomancer
you are going with cilus config right..so he suggested "GA-78LMT-S2P" which has just 2 Ram slots supporting 8GB max and according to its suggestion you are gonna buy 4GB single stick.. so you can buy another 4GB stick for second slot..

IMO don't buy 1Gb stick buy 2/4Gb at least

That motherboard has 6 sata port .. two will be used for dvd rom and Hard-disk so you can add another 4 sata..

link below is your motherboard specs
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3+ - GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 3.1)

Minion

Conversation Architect
@clmlbx, so 64 bit it is! @Minion, 5GB of RAM as in adding additional 1GB with a 4GB RAM on the motherboard? Can I do that with this board too? Btw if I wanted to add one more 500GB HDD at some point of time, how do I do it without replacing the old one? I'm new to this, so it's a mess until I learn the basics. Of course I'm making efforts to google it. Any links from you guys would help too!

I have 4 ram slots 1gb was given by friend for free:cool: so i put it in.Just buy a single 4gb stick.for your harddrive query.

Your board is going to have 6 SATA ports you can use one of them to connect another harddrive.and a power cable from powersupply to harddrive.for detailed explanation see this link
*www.easeus.com/resource/install-sata-hard-drive.htm

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Guys there is a phillips 21.5 Inch FULL HD IPS LED monitor up for grabs @ Rs 8k on Prime.. Id definitely reccomend that over any other monitor if budget permits

OP
N

nokia6600

Broken In
Thanks guys @Minion, clmlbx. @Nerevarine, It's for 9.3k dude!

Guys, I've almost decided to buy everything online from flipkart. There's a problem now, they have only two HP optical drives, one is not yet available and the other is out of stock, what to do? And I couldn't find a cabinet w/o SMPS below 1k, even the cheaper ones comes with SMPS, is it better to have it bought locally? Btw, is this the RAM you guys suggested for me? Corsair DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMV4GX3M1A1333C9) | Ram | Flipkart.com check and confirm please. @ico, I couldn't watch the video you posted until today, yeah I see a huge difference in performance but how much of a change will it make with this processor when a gpu is added?

Top Bottom