Siddharth_1

EXTREME
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:Medium-Heavy Multimedia and Gaming.

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:Yes.

3. What is your MAX budget?
A:Rs. 45,000.

4. Planning to overclock?
A:Yes, definately.

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:Windows 7(32-bit.)

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:1TB

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A:I already have a monitor. Size - 19.1", Resolution - 1440 x 990 @ 60Hz - Aspect Ratio 16:10.

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:6 or 7.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:I will assemble it with some help.

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A:As soon as possible.

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:Yes, sure.

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:No.

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A:Delhi(I can buy them from Nehru Place, Delhi's IT Hub.)

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A:I want at least 4GB RAM, and the best processor that I can afford.I do not need a UPS.

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 11.2k
Intel DP67BG @ 8.4k
Corsair 1600mhz ddr3 2*2gb @ 2.6k
Seagate ITB 7200.12 @ 2.7k
CM Elite 430 @ 2.5k
Corsair VX 550W @ 4.6k
HP 22x DVD R/RW @ 1k
Sapphire HD6850 1GB @ 9.8k

MegaMind

Human Spambot
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:Windows 7(32-bit.)

Install 64-bit to get full benefit of 4GB Ram...

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A:I already have a monitor. Size - 19.1", Resolution - 1440 x 990 @ 60Hz - Aspect Ratio 16:10.

Thats 1440*900...

slashragnarok

In the zone
Do yourself a big favor and get a better cabinet. CM 690 II advanced or NZXT Tempest Evo. Both have good cable management and airflow both of which are necessary if you are overclocking. Both are around 5-6k. Also consider a CPU cooler. If you're overclocking too much you might need to throw away the stock cooler.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i5 2500k|11000
Motherboard |Intel DP67BG|8500
RAM |G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL|2500
HDD |Seagate 1TB 7200.12|2700
ODD |Samsung 22x|850
PSU |Corsair VX550W|4600
GPU |Sapphire HD6850 1GB|9500
Case |NZXT Gamma|2100
UPS |APC 800va|3200

| Total |44950

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
When are you replacing you crappy intex monitor? ;)
Btw I recommend CM elite 430, it looks way cooler than nzxt gamma.

rupankur

Broken In
Do not go to 67 chipset as it is faulty design, so go for Intel Z68 CHIPSET ,
coming soon due to faulty design of 67.

Intel Z68 Express Chipset Preview: SSD Caching And Quick Sync : Z68 Express Makes Its Debut

saswat23

Human Spambot
Dude, the revised versions of 67 chipsets have already arrived.
And who knows when Z68 will be widely available???

lordirecto

In the zone
I dont understand one thing. How is it that low cost computers can be utilized to overclock easily? I always thought people need to invest in a good high end computer to overclock and utilise full potential of their computer.

From this thread, I think that I am either wrong or things have changed drastically. Can anyone please update me about what I am missing?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ There is nothing like cost. Athlon x4 can be overclocked beyond 3.5ghz in stock. This way, one can utilize every ounce of performance it has to offer.

OP
Siddharth_1

Siddharth_1

EXTREME
I need a WIFI adapter card also. But, I dont want a USB WIFI adapter. It must be a WIFI adapter card that would go inside my PC.

Top Bottom