PC for 25K without monitor keyboard and mouse

OP
P

Pnv Kannan

Broken In
don't waste money on any rig
go the APU way that'll be the most suitable rig for you
mobo:Gigabyte A55M-DS2@3.6k
CPU : amd A8 3870K@6.6k(you can overclock in future if you want to)
ram:corsair value ram 4gb ddr3@1.2k
case:cooler master elite 311@2.2k
psu:corsair cx430v2@2.5k
and that will cost you around 16k
4 cores comes handy in multiple tasks, inbuilt gpu so you can watch you hd movies and also play games on it
go for it don't think twice!!!!sorry if I forgot something?!?

I think i will go with i3 3220 or i3 2120... and you have mussed out HDD :) I think this should future proof! btw i could not get the price of i3 3220 in Delta Peripherals (Chennai)... Any other better place to buy in Chennai?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
^^ Great.
Try
*www.theitdepot.com/

@ Cilius
I dont think that LGA1155 will die so sudden. Because developing an entire line of entry level processor on the Haswell will have overheads,and the G series is promising at this point as an entry level option and has no competition.The B75 chipset is just out with lots of native features against the sole competitor. Its not gonna die even 3 years down the line. For eg. The LGA 775 is still available after so many years as a E5700 E7500 and Q9400 ! Thats my point.

OP
P

Pnv Kannan

Broken In
^^ Great.
Try
Theitdepot - India's First IT Online Shopping Store

@ Cilius
I dont think that LGA1155 will die so sudden. Because developing an entire line of entry level processor on the Haswell will have overheads,and the G series is promising at this point as an entry level option and has no competition.The B75 chipset is just out with lots of native features against the sole competitor. Its not gonna die even 3 years down the line. For eg. The LGA 775 is still available after so many years as a E5700 E7500 and Q9400 ! Thats my point.

Thanks! but it doesnt have i3 3220 and prices seems to be a bit more expensive...

theproffesor

saze017 here...quite a go
okay
mobo:Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H@4.3k
CPU :i5 3450@10.5k or i5 2310@9.5k
ram: corsair value 4gb ddr3@1.2k
case: cooler master elite311@2k
psu:corsair cx430v2@2.4k
hdd:wd 500gb@3.5k
total' : 24-25k
am I still forgetting anything?

OP
P

Pnv Kannan

Broken In
okay
mobo:Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H@4.3k
CPU :i5 3450@10.5k or i5 2310@9.5k
ram: corsair value 4gb ddr3@1.2k
case: cooler master elite311@2k
psu:corsair cx430v2@2.4k
hdd:wd 500gb@3.5k
total' : 24-25k
am I still forgetting anything?

I am finally! going to buy this weekend... this is the conf I am planning...Is this OK?

mobo:Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
CPU :i5 3450 or i3 3220 (based on the budget)
ram: corsair value 4gb ddr3(may be 8GB too based on budget)
case: Gamma NZXT or bitfenix alpha
psu:corsair cx430v2
hdd:2TB Seagate - Is this OK?
DVD drive
Wifi PCI card

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, there is a huge performance difference between i3 3220 and i5 3450. So decide before purchasing based on your requirements. i3 3220, being a dual core Processor, is not very good in Productivity applications which are generally Multi-threaded in nature.
For HDD, opt for WD instead of Seagate as WD provides 2 Yrs of warranty compared to 1 yr of Seagate.

Also, why a Wifi PCi card? Get a USB Wifi dongle from Asus around 650 bucks.

OP
P

Pnv Kannan

Broken In
Buddy, there is a huge performance difference between i3 3220 and i5 3450. So decide before purchasing based on your requirements. i3 3220, being a dual core Processor, is not very good in Productivity applications which are generally Multi-threaded in nature.
For HDD, opt for WD instead of Seagate as WD provides 2 Yrs of warranty compared to 1 yr of Seagate.

Also, why a Wifi PCi card? Get a USB Wifi dongle from Asus around 650 bucks.

My requirements are very simple.. mostly download and some photoshop work... so mostly i will settle of 3220. Delta says Seagate Provide 2 yrs warranty!

Wifi PCI card because i thought it will be more reliable... because i have wifi almost 24/7 (downloading! )

Cilus

laborare est orare
Then why are you not opting for a FX 6100. Apart from high power consumption in Load, it is better suited for your requirements. And one thing, I think you guys know that i3 is better in power efficiency but that is when the CPU is in full load. In idle. FX series also has comparable power requirements. If your main thing is downloading with occasional Photoshop, which will not stress the CPU that much, FX 6100 is a better choice. It is available at the same price of i3 3220.

OP
P

Pnv Kannan

Broken In
@Cilus.. sorry! but I already pulled the trigger

I bought the below conf,

i3 3220 - 6900
Gig B75MD3H - 4300
4GB Vengance RAM (planned to buy the value ram but got tempted!) - 1450
2TB Seagate (2 yrs warranty) - 5750
wifi pci card (DLink N150) - 750 => this is not good :( Can you guys suggest any other option (I am planning for 25 mt cable!)
Samsun DVD - 950
Cooler Master 431 Elite Plus - 3400 (again temptation!)
crosair V2 430W - 2500

Installed Win 7 and XP and the system is AWESOME!!!

Thank you guys for helping me out!!!

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman

I bought the below conf,

i3 3220 - 6900
Gig B75MD3H - 4300
wifi pci card (DLink N150) - 750 => this is not good :( Can you guys suggest any other option (I am planning for 25 mt cable!)
Samsun DVD - 950
crosair V2 430W - 2500

Good buy man
For wifi, can you tell me what issue are having with this card?

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
bad buy for this requirements...but since u already got em..good luck...also whats the problem with the wifi card?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot

I bought the below conf,

i3 3220 - 6900
Gig B75MD3H - 4300
Samsun DVD - 950
crosair V2 430W - 2500

Great purchase there!
Get a good N300 card from TP link/Asus/Netgear or the likes. But a problem is they all, mostly the Asus ones come in PCIE form and I believe your board dosnt have a PCIe!!! Hence look for something in PCI form factor.Cable is not a bad option if you can conceal it.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
i3 3220 is ok.If one uses Adobe photoshop cs6 then the situation gets even better.
Photoshop CS6 uses OpenCL and OpenGL acceleration in many functionslike Liquify, Warp, Lighting Effects,Oil Paint filter and many more and most of the 3D features,even rendering are GPU accelerated in photoshop CS6,only ray tracing is not accelerated as of now.
Unlike 2nd gen i-series processor,3rd gen i-series processors with hd2500/4000 do have OpenCL and OpenGL support and do quite well in photoshop
using OpenCL.For photoshop CS6 i3 3220 is good choice and more so when one doesn't have a discrete graphic card to assist.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
i3 3220 is ok.If one uses Adobe photoshop cs6 then the situation gets even better.
Photoshop CS6 uses OpenCL and OpenGL acceleration in many functionslike Liquify, Warp, Lighting Effects,Oil Paint filter and many more and most of the 3D features,even rendering are GPU accelerated in photoshop CS6,only ray tracing is not accelerated as of now.
Unlike 2nd gen i-series processor,3rd gen i-series processors with hd2500/4000 do have OpenCL and OpenGL support and do quite well in photoshop
using OpenCL.For photoshop CS6 i3 3220 is good choice and more so when one doesn't have a discrete graphic card to assist.

+1 to that.
And it feels far more snappier than an AMD .....my personal view!

OP
P

Pnv Kannan

Broken In
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/networking/166906-lan-issues.html i started a thread in Networking section! :( Thanks a looot all of u.. my system is rocking! installed Linuxmint nadia, Win XP and 7!!!, Office 2013 is just awesome! 24/7 torrents

Below is the query i posted in that thread......................

I recently assembled a desktop and i now face networking issues...
my router is in first floor
my desktop has a N150 wifi PCI card
It is getting connected to the router (my desktop is in 2nd floor)
but Net is too slow!
now my desktop is in 1st floor and the connectivty to router is also good and net is also good!

What should i do to bring the connectivity to second floor? Should i buy a bigger wifi router? (my current one is N300 linksys) or LAN cable all the way to second floor? (around 25 mts) or should i buy a better wifi PCI card N300?

Please advise

Great purchase there!
Get a good N300 card from TP link/Asus/Netgear or the likes. But a problem is they all, mostly the Asus ones come in PCIE form and I believe your board dosnt have a PCIe!!! Hence look for something in PCI form factor.Cable is not a bad option if you can conceal it.

*www.gigabyte.in/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4315#sp

it says

1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
(The PCIEX16 slot conforms to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
* Whether PCI Express 3.0 is supported depends on CPU and graphics card compatibility.
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)

Last edited:
Top Bottom