PC for 25K without monitor keyboard and mouse

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ But that is not the requirement got the OP. For his purpose a 6 Core CPU will serve him better. So better go with FX 6100 instead of the i3 2120. In most of the multimedia and Multi-threaded environment, FX 6100 will perform better.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

light user: watching movies, office 2010, Photoshop, browsing and loads of downloads (torrents), skype

Thats what the OP wants to do.

But that is not the requirement got the OP. For his purpose a 6 Core CPU will serve him better. So better go with FX 6100 instead of the i3 2120. In most of the multimedia and Multi-threaded environment, FX 6100 will perform better.

You are suggesting him a Six Core 95Watt FX6100 for that!!! What on earth made you suggest that.

@ OP
The best for you honestly would be an Intel G630,honestly and the rest of the config I suggested.

OP
P

Pnv Kannan

Broken In

You are suggesting him a Six Core 95Watt FX6100 for that!!! What on earth made you suggest that.

@ OP
The best for you honestly would be an Intel G630,honestly and the rest of the config I suggested.

:-D i am reading Is there a reason to get a FX6100 over a similarly priced Intel? - Overclockers Australia Forums right now!

btw wat does OP mean?

^^ But that is not the requirement got the OP. For his purpose a 6 Core CPU will serve him better. So better go with FX 6100 instead of the i3 2120. In most of the multimedia and Multi-threaded environment, FX 6100 will perform better.

i also agree to u cause more cores will perform better i other apps but for gaming grab an i3 2100!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
P

Pnv Kannan

Broken In

@ OP

As per *www.deltapage.com/list/index.html the difference between G630 is just half of 2120... I could see that the only difference is Hyper threading and ghz.

I am planning to install Windows 7 (and possilbly 8 in the near future), will it have any impact? (between G630 and 2120)

OP
P

Pnv Kannan

Broken In
More cores for what ....utorrent....browsing...office.....photoshop!!!!! None of them will ever use more than a core or two!!!!!!!

between G630 and i3 2120.. will there be any impact? Windows 7 + the aboive (may be in the future Windows 8). Pricewise G630 is just half!

Minion

Conversation Architect
between G630 and i3 2120.. will there be any impact? Windows 7 + the aboive (may be in the future Windows 8). Pricewise G630 is just half!

Get this combo
AMD 3 GHz A8 3870K Processor-6.6k
MSI A75MA-G55 Motherboard-5.6k

this can run games too without need of extra GPU

The Incinerator

Human Spambot

Now you are talking......
Trust me G630 (2.7Ghz) is very very good and a sensible buy even for gamers on a budget,its that good! One key difference with the i3 is the G630 does not have Hyperthreading and is clocked a bit lower to an i3 2120 (3.3Ghz).

OP
P

Pnv Kannan

Broken In
Now you are talking......
Trust me G630 (2.7Ghz) is very very good and a sensible buy even for gamers on a budget,its that good! One key difference with the i3 is the G630 does not have Hyperthreading and is clocked a bit lower to an i3 2120 (3.3Ghz).

How does this translate to me? Is there any noticeable difference between these two when i use Windows 7? (or 8 in the future?)

EDIT: Another thing i noticed is that G630 supports only 1066 RAM

Cilus

laborare est orare
The Incinerator, I guess you can read English properly, in case you are not, let me help you with OP's requirement:
light user: watching movies, office 2010, Photoshop, browsing and loads of downloads (torrents), skype

Now tell me a Dual Core Processor with less Cache, less clock speed, without Turbo Boost feature, less Instruction Set Support and without Hyperthreading.....how it is gonna perform on Photoshop? It might perform well in games due to its superior architecture and single-threaded nature of most of the games, but how it is gonna perform in Photoshop. If you don't want 6 Core then even a FX 4100 is better choice.
2nd thing is OP has clearly mentioned that he wants a future proof config for long run and he has the budget and for that reason FX6100 is even better than i3 21XX series and definitely better than G630. Stop pushing him with the baseless information and suggesting him a cheap Gaming CPU which is only good for Gaming, a feature OP does not want.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
As a thump rule a multi-core processor will always perform good in photoshop and will be future proof.

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
The Incinerator, I guess you can read English properly, in case you are not, let me help you with OP's requirement:

Now tell me a Dual Core Processor with less Cache, less clock speed, without Turbo Boost feature, less Instruction Set Support and without Hyperthreading.....how it is gonna perform on Photoshop? It might perform well in games due to its superior architecture and single-threaded nature of most of the games, but how it is gonna perform in Photoshop. If you don't want 6 Core then even a FX 4100 is better choice.
2nd thing is OP has clearly mentioned that he wants a future proof config for long run and he has the budget and for that reason FX6100 is even better than i3 21XX series and definitely better than G630. Stop pushing him with the baseless information and suggesting him a cheap Gaming CPU which is only good for Gaming, a feature OP does not want.

In total agreement with you. Except that comment on The Incinerator, he's giving his opinion, a bit deviated but still good opinion.

Last edited:

cyn!de

Broken In
I don`t really understand why you guys are completely ignoring APU`s??? These fit in his budget and satisfy his needs too.

He can get A8 and a feature rich mobo. in that budget .

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
I don`t really understand why you guys are completely ignoring APU`s??? These fit in his budget and satisfy his needs too.

He can get A8 and a feature rich mobo. in that budget .

I did mention APUs in my second comment but A8 is nowhere a money saver.Its good but not better than FX4100 or 6100 for the price.

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot

Rather than English I wish you get your facts together and be a lot more more realistic. First and foremost OP has a tight budget but you dont care may be because you dont know or rather you are a bit shallow.Is he a Pro doing 24/7 photoshop??? No. What he emphasized more on was downloads "loads" of them , now I really doubt whether you can read PROPER English!.For Photoshop alone you suggest him to spend Rs 3000 more on the processor itself while any sane person would ask him to get the G630 and spend the saved Rs 3000 on a GPU and RAM to have a much better "PHOTOSHOP" and overall experience of his desired set of chores,I dont know where do you leave your brain when you come to suggest components??? Crap is all you suggest. And Im damn sure you dont even know what "OPEN CL" or GL is ....otherwise you would have backed up your suggested AMD proccy in a different angle....:wink:( So much for your Instruction and feature set:p) Google it,learn read,come back.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Not again... Buddy, try to read what OP has mentioned in his posts and then jump fighting or suggesting. Please read this Post of OP: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...thout-monitor-keyboard-mouse.html#post1761025 where he has clearly mentioned that he can spend another 5K and planning for higher end CPU. Now Price of G630 is 3.4K + 5K which OP can add = 8.4K and price of FX6100 is 7.6K. So OP can go with it...right? Very simple Math.
Also you have overlooked, don't know deliberately or not, that he has mentioned he needs the system for 4 years. Now tell me, in a long run of 4 years how your G630 is gonna perform, probably that will be minimum to Run the latest version of MS Office properly.
And Regarding GPU: OP does not play Games and a very lower end card in case of AMD suggestion (970 Chipset does not have onboard Gfx) is sufficient for HD playback.
For RAM: It can be added anytime if OP feels the requirement for anything higher than 4 GB at a very cheap price. Do remember one thing, CPU is not a component we often changes but all the other components can be added whenever they are needed. So concentration should always be on better CPU rather than higher Ram.

Don't fight or try to push your opinion just because it is your opinion...try to go through OP's requirements first...And sorry for the English part. Good Day to you.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Not again... Buddy, try to read what OP has mentioned in his posts and then jump fighting or suggesting. Please read this Post of OP: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...thout-monitor-keyboard-mouse.html#post1761025 where he has clearly mentioned that he can spend another 5K and planning for higher end CPU. Now Price of G630 is 3.4K + 5K which OP can add = 8.4K and price of FX6100 is 7.6K. So OP can go with it...right? Very simple Math.
Also you have overlooked, don't know deliberately or not, that he has mentioned he needs the system for 4 years. Now tell me, in a long run of 4 years how your G630 is gonna perform, probably that will be minimum to Run the latest version of MS Office properly.
And Regarding GPU: OP does not play Games and a very lower end card in case of AMD suggestion (970 Chipset does not have onboard Gfx) is sufficient for HD playback.
For RAM: It can be added anytime if OP feels the requirement for anything higher than 4 GB at a very cheap price. Do remember one thing, CPU is not a component we often changes but all the other components can be added whenever they are needed. So concentration should always be on better CPU rather than higher Ram.

Don't fight or try to push your opinion just because it is your opinion...try to go through OP's requirements first...And sorry for the English part. Good Day to you.

You think the G630 is hardly good for MS office???!!! Sorry but you better get your facts corrected. I wont comment,honestly.

that he has mentioned he needs the system for 4 years

Exactly ....so going for a socket LGA 1155 is far more sensible. The upgrade path is way way better as and when the need arises to upgrade,even if he is being sensible and getting a G630 for now.

Cilus

laborare est orare
You are again getting me wrong.... I said after 4 years, G630 might be minimum for running the current version of MS Office on that time.
2ndly, why should he update the CPU after buying a low powered CPU now? Instead he can go for powerful CPU now only as his budget permits which will omit the requirement of CPU upgrade anytime sooner.
For example, 4 years back, people who had bought Quad Core CPUs like Inte I7 920, Phenom II 965 or even the old Core2Quad 9XXX series, can still use their system without changing the CPU and by doing some minor upgrades like adding GPU, more RAMS etc and those processors still provide enough horse power to drive all the current applications. But people with C2D or Athlon II X2....it is not true for them.

Regarding upgrade path of LGA1155 socket, I'm not sure as you are whether they'll be available after 4 years as HASHWELL processors which are gonna replace Ivy Bridge next year, is going to use a different socket.

What you are telling us like I have the budget for an future proof solution right now and get a lower end rig which is just good for today and then again update it in future. Why so instead of buying the high end one right now.

theproffesor

saze017 here...quite a go
don't waste money on any rig
go the APU way that'll be the most suitable rig for you
mobo:Gigabyte A55M-DS2@3.6k
CPU : amd A8 3870K@6.6k(you can overclock in future if you want to)
ram:corsair value ram 4gb ddr3@1.2k
case:cooler master elite 311@2.2k
psu:corsair cx430v2@2.5k
and that will cost you around 16k
4 cores comes handy in multiple tasks, inbuilt gpu so you can watch you hd movies and also play games on it
go for it don't think twice!!!!sorry if I forgot something?!?

Top Bottom