Pc for 12k ?

clmlbx

Technomancer
so title says all..well I am in doubt too it is even possible or not.

you can exclude monitor...I was looking for AMd as it will be cheapest..but heard about it heating a lott.

processor
motherboard
ram
Hard-disk
dvd writer
cab+smps

if not then what will be the cheapest.

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
amd won't heat up a lot
its earlier series had this problem
heres the config-

AMD athlon ii x2 240 ~ 2.9k
MSI GF615M P33 ~ 2.9k
A-Data/Zion 1GB DDR3 RAM ~1.25k
WD caviar blue 500gb ~2k
Zebronics Bijli cabby with SMPS ~ 1.7k
Any good DVD writer frm sony, samsung or lg ~ 1k
Total ~ 11750

Street prices are bound to be lower so go for 2 GB if u can stretch ur budget a little and get good deals

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

a ddr3 PC in 12k :D

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
amd won't heat up a lot
heres the config-

MSI GF615M P33 ~ 2.9k
WD caviar blue 500gb ~2k
Total ~ 11750

Street prices are bound to be lower so go for 2 GB if u can stretch ur budget a little and get good deals

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

without monitor of course. So another 4k will be added if someone takes a new PC.

ajai5777

Youngling
amd won't heat up a lot
heres the config-

MSI GF615M P33 ~ 2.9k
WD caviar blue 500gb ~2k
Total ~ 11750

Zebronics bijli with SMPS is 1.4k
I am ready to sell my GF615M P33 3 months used with 33 months warranty.
@2k
Check the bazar or PM me if you are interested.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@clmlbx, either get 740G/760G based board. from Gigabyte or Biostar. or go for ajai's used board @ 2k. good deal i must say. however a new brand new board based on Nvidia chipset. & that also paying 2.9k. its a sh** deal.

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
phenom's got an L3 cache whereas athlon doesn't

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

thats why in a performance comparison between a similarily clocked athlon and phenom, phenom will always win

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
what is athlon and Athlon II or phenom and phenom II ?

Pls also give alternate to motherboards ?

GA-MA74GMT-S2:--how is this motherboard ..better support for X6 too

any 760 chipset won't come to this price range .. I can not find price of any of Gigabyte products so don't know.

Last edited:

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
athlon and phenom series were the older series of amd offerings.... they used to get heated up....

phenom II and athlon II are the newer series offerings.... they dont produce large amounts of heat and are highly oc'able....

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
by oc'able rahul.oo7 means overclockable. However, since you don't seem to have much knowledge of hardware, I would assume you wouldn't overclock. overclocking is a process where PC peripherals are made to run at higher frequencies by applying a higher voltage (please correct if I am wrong).
Phenom II & Athlon II are more power efficient than previous series, You should properly check the box before buying, It should have Athlon II X2 240/245/250 clearly written on it. I'm saying this because just a few days back I overheard a retailer saying that they sell the same C2D processor as C2Q and i3 as the customer's don't check the boxes. They were having a laugh at this, I was just thinking of the poor noobs.
Don't get a 250 GB hard disk as you wouldn't save much. 500 Gb should be available at 1.9-2k as already stated. Athlon II X2 250 (3.0 Ghz) should be available at 2.9k (prices do not include VAT)

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
Thanx for info I am known to Hardware but AMd ..yes I am noob for that

here we are talking about X2 .. Is it equal to c2d or better.. Pls give little alternate to MB as msi will be little difficult to find here..

ajai5777

Youngling
Thanx for info I am known to Hardware but AMd ..yes I am noob for that

here we are talking about X2 .. Is it equal to c2d or better.. Pls give little alternate to MB as msi will be little difficult to find here..

Athlon X2 = dual core

phenom X2 = core 2 duo

I have the MSI GF615M P33 just 3 months used.I can give it for 2k.Just look at the thread in bazar.I am not compelling you, if you are interested PM me.

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
so now intel c2d 1.8ghz or athlon x2 2.8 ghz (which we r talking about)

So now which is better ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
athlon and phenom series were the older series of amd offerings.... they used to get heated up....

phenom II and athlon II are the newer series offerings.... they dont produce large amounts of heat and are highly oc'able....

you missed a major part. seen their clock speed? 2.2Ghz. 2.3Ghz. 2.4Ghz. these were the clock speeds. & now compare it to your Phenom II X4. 3.2Ghz stock. 3.6-3.7Ghz OC using stock heatsink. X6 OC to 3.8Ghz+. AMD has evolved a lot from what they were 2years back.

Athlon X2 = dual core

phenom X2 = core 2 duo

I have the MSI GF615M P33 just 3 months used.I can give it for 2k.Just look at the thread in bazar.I am not compelling you, if you are interested PM me.

to be precise:

Athlon II X2 = C2D E4*00, E6**0 & Pentium Dual-Core E5*00
Athlon II X3 = C2D E6**0 & Core i3.
Phenom II X2 = C2D 7*00 & 8*00.

so now intel c2d 1.8ghz or athlon x2 2.8 ghz (which we r talking about)

So now which is better ?

look the above comparison & determine. in 1 line, Athlon II X2 will thrash C2D.

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
^^wow that has solved a lott

I will just go to Market and let u know all about .. may be tomorrow

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
Hey guys still did not got local prices but need to ask something

How will be athlon x4 with all current things u all suggested.

I looking for Gigabyte 740 chipset board.. As I allready have GTs 250

So their won't be any problem or say any compatibility issues.

Comparing Athlon x4 and Phenom X2 as they both come same price range? which is better I think Athlon will beat phenom here.. Just confirming

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Hey guys still did not got local prices but need to ask something

How will be athlon x4 with all current things u all suggested.

I looking for Gigabyte 740 chipset board.. As I allready have GTs 250

So their won't be any problem or say any compatibility issues.

Comparing Athlon x4 and Phenom X2 as they both come same price range? which is better I think Athlon will beat phenom here.. Just confirming

Athlon II X4 or Phenom II X2. both will run fine. i not sure but Gigabyte's 740G TDP is 125W (should be) so you can even add a X6 (provided new bios available)

Phenom II X2 ---> gaming.
Athlon II X4 ---> everything else. also you won't get a noticeable difference in gaming if toy use GTS250. if theres some lag, simply OC the X4 to 3Ghz+.

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
bump

I didn't bought this earlier for some reasons.. but now I want to buy it so its three months now so any changes all want to make.. or still that config is good is it posiible to add phenom 2 x4.. in tht config

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
nope, I don't think any changes. No new launches in the past couple of months. Just go with AMD Athlon II X4 if budget permits. Which motherboard did you finally decide on?

Top Bottom