i would like you to help me out
my pc config(its really old):
intel p4 2.66ghz
msi 7010 mboard
768 mb ddr ram(400mhz)
frontech 450 watts psu
nvidia geforce 6200 agp
win xp prof.sp2
seagate 80 gb hdd(maybe barracuda,not really sure)

about a week ago when i was playing gta san andreas,some sort of burning smell came from my pc,and after 5 min. it crashed.
when i tried to power it on,the red hdd light would blip,and pc wont boot up.
i approached a mech., he said that there is a fault in psu as well as in motherboard(i had an intex 450 watts to which he gave me frontech 450 watts).
the problem is after this fix,when ever i give load to my gfx card(by running any game,nvid control panel,gpu cap viewer etc. my pc crashes. on using gpu caps i observed whenever gfx card touched 52 cel it would crash)
plz. pinpoint the fault.

plus iam considering an upgrade(ive got an extremely tight budget of 15000)
amd x2 6000+
msi a35
2 gb ddr2
geforce 8800 gt
plz. suggest some changes.i want to play latest games even at low gfx.

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
I would suggest that you should get thermal or liquid cooling solutions...and get a good PSU from VIP or ANTEC, they are both very good and gives the right amount of power to the needed components unlike local cheap brands..I personally go with VIP, they are very good and you can get it under 1500-2000 Rs....if you can't get any local vendor to install any liquid solutions then go for System fans which doesn't cost much but get you're self a 120nm at least...

OP
A

adimax

Broken In
I would suggest that you should get thermal or liquid cooling solutions...and get a good PSU from VIP or ANTEC, they are both very good and gives the right amount of power to the needed components unlike local cheap brands..I personally go with VIP, they are very good and you can get it under 1500-2000 Rs....if you can't get any local vendor to install any liquid solutions then go for System fans which doesn't cost much but get you're self a 120nm at least...
dude cooling system for that old rig?
price of 120 nm fan in delhi?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
.. the problem is after this fix,when ever i give load to my gfx card(by running any game,nvid control panel,gpu cap viewer etc. my pc crashes. on using gpu caps i observed whenever gfx card touched 52 cel it would crash)
Bad PSU. Get a 500W+ better branded PSU.

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
naah...not for old rig...the new one...so that it stays cool in this summer...I think you'll get the "local" fan for 150 rs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom