PC Config @ 33k MAX. Urgent

IronCruz

ICE COOOOL!!!
1. What is the purpose of the computer?
A:Gaming with multimedia.
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yes
3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 33k.
4. Planning to overclock?
A: No
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Windows 7 or XP.
6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 500GB.
7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A: Any Resolution.
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 6
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: I Have built one for me.
10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: Within a Month
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: Very much YES!
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: Sound card,cooling systems,Keyboard and Mouse,UPS,Speakers.
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Bangalore only.
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: Budget Gaming PC without original OS.

This config is for my friend, He keeps complete hopes on me and i keep hopes on u guys. Plz dont let me down..Kindly help my frnd and me.

Also mention a good FullHD monitor within the budget.

Last edited:

papul1993

not a newbie.....
in the title u have mentioned 21k as max budget but in the question u have mentioned 33k as ur max budget. which one is ur actual max budget?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Athlon II X3 435 2.9GHz @ ~3.8k (or go for Athlon II X4 630 for 1k more)
Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H @ 4.5k (the 880G hard to find at 4.5k, so 785G)
2Gb DDR3 value ram @ 2.5k
500Gb HDD from any make @ 2k
FSP Saga II 400W @ ~2k (order online or search locally)
CM Elite 310 @ 1.5k
Benq G2020HD 20" or Samsung monitor (model no forgotten) @ ~6.5k

Total: 22.8k

with rleft over money in excess of 10k, you have multiple choices: GTS450 1Gb from Zotac or HD5770 1Gb from MSI HAWX.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I'd suggest X4 635. Change FSP Saga II 400 to 500, would be better. Guru 3D suggests 500w PSU for GTS 450

OP
IronCruz

IronCruz

ICE COOOOL!!!
How About this:
AMD ATHLON II X4 630 @~5k
Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H@4.5k
2GB DDR3 KINGSTON 1333MHz@2.5k
500GB Seagate (7200rpm)@2k
FSP SAGA II 500@2.4k/Corsair VX450w@3.5k
LG DVD-RW@~1.5k
Zeb Bijli/Cooler Master Elite 310@~1.5k
Zotac/Sparkle HD5670 512MB GDDR5@5.2k

Total- ~26k

Please also suggest an Intel Config.

Monitors:
Samsung 2233SW 22" FULL HD LCD Monitor @ 9.2k
or
Dell S2209W 21.5" FULL HD @ 8.6k
Which one to go for? Any more suggestions can be posted..

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
zotac sparkle are nvidia vendors.
AMD ATHLON II X4 635 @ 5k
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H@ 4.5k
2GB DDR3 1333MHz@ 2.6k
Wait for GTS450 prices @ 8k expected
WD 500GB blue @ 2k
FSP saga II 500W @ 2.5k
LG H55N DVD @ 1k
Dell S2009W @ 6.6k
Cooler Master Elite 310 @ 1.5k

Total - 32.7k

OP
IronCruz

IronCruz

ICE COOOOL!!!
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H is hard to find. And let monitor be 22". HD5670 which vendor to go for?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i wish EVGA could come up with AMD card too

EVGA will never do this mistake. Reason:

1. XFX did it. sold AMD cards & was banned from selling Nvidia 4-series cards (have you seen/heard even a single XFX 4-series card? i bet you won't). though yes, i feel XFX making more cash with AMD card per year than they made with Nvidia card till date.

2. this will too may result in Intel stopping EVGA from selling their boards (Nvidia ban will come first).

3. EVGA makes lot of money from their SLI/FTW/Extreme series motherboards. though i heard rumors that EVGA's motherboard team left & joined Sapphire to develop AMD boards for Fusion but still EVGA bringing out new boards. Just think, 1 EVGA (standard performance) board cost 15-20k. AMD board usually cost 4-6k. this mean even if EVGA sell 1million board compared to Gigabyte/MSI selling 3 million boards, EVGA making hell lot of cash.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
That's one hell of a market analysis, leave that for us (commerce people & MBAs) please. you'll make us jobless, be into the science side of things.

Jokes apart, but this form of marketing should be stopped. These people try to ruin competition and keep prices high, should be done something to prevent these things.

I'd suggest not going with a samsung monitor. I've seen too many problems with samsung products recently, go with dell

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
That's one hell of a market analysis, leave that for us (commerce people & MBAs) please. you'll make us jobless, be into the science side of things.

just checking out my economics skills (i usually sleep/do net during Eco class. so doing practice here :mrgreen: )

Jokes apart, but this form of marketing should be stopped. These people try to ruin competition and keep prices high, should be done something to prevent these things.

well the 15-20k boards are usually belong to EVGA X58 Classified series. so cost so much. even Gigabyte 890FX UD5 cost lot. so do MSI 890FX. but EVGA usually known for their X58's (P55 too) & make a lot of money from those boards. and actually carries good value (considering their build quality & features vs Asus/Gigabyte/MSI) also sometimes some free goodies.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I wasn't talking about EVGA, i was talking about Intel/Nvidia. if we take EVGA as an example, it is a company producing graphics cards. It should be EVGA's choice about which GPU chipset it wants to use. Why should Nvidia stop licensing it just because they also want to produce AMD cards? This is not a fair business practice.

BTW, you have economics in engineering???

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
EVGA is AIB so maybe they get some advantage over MSI/Gigabyte/ASUS cause this trio makes things from every brand. but banning will hurt Nvidia only. XFX really famous here. so is EVGA in US. sales will go down.

Top Bottom