PC Buying Guide - July 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
^^tch tch tum dono sudhroge nahin na , shameful.

this is somewhat another reason i wanted these technologies developed here , any engineers or people who can create such hardware and people willing to put in money.
or you are just an enthusiast who want to commercially make indian graphic cards pm me with some plan of action.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Arguing over HD 6950 and GTX 560 Ti is like arguing over HD 6970 and GTX 570.

You cant go wrong with either product.

Before I got this setup i was contemplating GTX 570 3-way and HD 6970 3-way.

Then I decided that two GTX 580s would be the better deal, considering that 3-way has bad scaling in 60% of the games.3GB VRAM was just a sweetener lol.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
I am not discussing off topic discussion here.I know what thread it is!!! Don't point to me always

then why havent we had arguements stretched so long ever before in the 42 pages of this thread?

aapki baat galat nahin par tarika thoda rookha tha.
thats all.

interjections ko calmly handle kiya kijiye.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^In the link i gave, 560ti TFII beats 6950 TFII in 7/8 games..

Where from you count that? I got 4-4 at the highest settings they tested, ie, 25x16 res. And they didn't post the stock result at High quality AF/AA tests to get a fair comparison.

And tell me seriously, do more people play HAWX2 and LP2 than Crysis 2, Metro 2033 etc.?

Arguing over HD 6950 and GTX 560 Ti is like arguing over HD 6970 and GTX 570.

You cant go wrong with either product.

Before I got this setup i was contemplating GTX 570 3-way and HD 6970 3-way.

Then I decided that two GTX 580s would be the better deal, considering that 3-way has bad scaling in 60% of the games.3GB VRAM was just a sweetener lol.

Agreed. Everything depends exactly how much you want to spend.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
then why havent we had arguements stretched so long ever before in the 42 pages of this thread?

aapki baat galat nahin par tarika thoda rookha tha.
thats all.

interjections ko calmly handle kiya kijiye.

mere bhai eske baad ar jagra nahin hoga....peace :cool:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Right now there's no denying the pure value of MSI GTX 560-TWIN FROZR II.

At 10.7k, its value has simply gone sky high. Even if a stock 69501gb equals its performance, msi 560-ti will be suggested hands-down cause of its performance at a much lower pricepoint now.

Even 6870 & 6850 are meaningless to purchase now.

About HARDOCP, I think their reviews should be taken with a truckload of salt.

Why? Check these-

Hardocp- crysis2 dx11

Tomshardware- crysis2 dx11

Guru3d - crysis2 dx11

After reading all three, any reader will come to one conclusion i.e:

Hardocp are a bunch of biased reviewers. They forced me to think this after reading their review on crysis2. Everybit of that article is false right from the installation till the end. Toms & guru3d are in total contradiction and in reality, they are true as tested by millions of gamers.

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys please check this:-

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-...ng-advice-thread-kolkata-168.html#post1452428

And answer this:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-...ng-advice-thread-kolkata-168.html#post1453516

Don't want to make a separate thread for this.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
If you both want to argue, please do it via IM (not PM, unless mod/admins approve it ofc).

lets keep this thread clean.Whoever manages to convince the other tell us in this thread and his suggestion will be used in the respective price range being argued over.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
@tenida ye hui na baat

@EG and skud haan yehin main kehna chah raha tha you cant go wrong with any of them. thanks for the words.

you wont go wrong unless someone is making games to take revenge on the gpu manufacturer and wants the cards to fail big time. and even then its not entirely possible.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Where from you count that? I got 4-4 at the highest settings they tested, ie, 25x16 res. And they didn't post the stock result at High quality AF/AA tests to get a fair comparison.
Do v use/ suggest 25x16 res.??? We (95%) of us here are at 1080p...

And tell me seriously, do more people play HAWX2 and LP2 than Crysis 2, Metro 2033 etc.?
I myself, n a bunch of my friends are crazy for HAWX 2..
Also the talk here s abt the GPUs n not the games...

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
@vickybat: Guru3D is only good for a read of the in depth benchmarks. Do not take their conclusion with any value. In their hands I have not seen one product get a negative review.

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Yes ofcourse... So Here, 560ti TFII beats 6950TFII in 7/8 games & in here, 560ti TFII beats 6950 2GB(stock) in 4/6 games...

Also in AA n AF dept. 560Ti rules...

ok first see the games they use in tweaktown. mafia II, batman aa, lost planet etc. all nvidia biased. 560 ti hawk will ofcourse perform better in them.

and about guru3d look again, 6950 is winning in 4/7 games. and read my other links too.

about aa this time amd's aa performance is better. check out analysis by hardocp. their gaming reviews approach is best.

oh look what i find -
Is tweaktown Bias toward Nvidia? - Overclockers UK Forums
TweakTown accused of EXTREME bias to wards Nvidia with latest GTS450 review...
thats why i say follow sites like toms hardware, anandtech, guru3d, hardocp etc.
:rofl:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Continue here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/143901-pc-buying-guide-july-2011-a.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom