PC Buying Guide 2013 - Q4

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Guys I think we should have a look at these - Cabinets Price List India: Computer Components: Flipkart.com

Lancool cabinets are now available at Flipkart. It's priced between 3.5k to 5.5k for some lower end models and ranges upto 12k for higher end ones. I think we can recommend the Lancool PCK56 and PCK56W which are available at 3.5k and 3.7k respectively.

For those looking something above the NZXT Source 210 (Most people can't find it anyways, not available in North India and many other parts), and below 4k, Lancool can be a good option.

These cabinets will beat the Cooler Master 431, and 430 models by a good margin. They have better looks, transparent window (PCK56W model), cable management, and also comes with 2 fans built in as compared to 1 fan in CM, no cable management, and costly choices.

I think instead of adding NZXT Source 210 Elite, we should now add Lancool PCK56W in all PC configurations above, posted by RiGOD.

Moreover, we should stop recommending Altec Lansing BXR1221. Many people have had bad experience with them including me, my sister and my two friends. Instead, Creative SBS235 2.1 Speakers are much much better choice, costs 1300 in local market, base output is good,sound is very crisp and clear, mids are also good. Overall it's a much better choice over BXR1221.

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Nice find. I saw that too.
The problem is the lowest price of K56 is 3540/- which is, way above than that of NZXT Source210 and Gamma.

BTW, is that you, who gave all the Lancool cabinets five star? :p

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Lol no :p

Well I already specified that, most people can't find NZXT Source 210, and some people are willing to go for CM 431 and 430. This cabinet will be best for them.

So here's a little hierarchy chart on which cabinets people buy with different budgets under 5k -

1.8k - CM 310
2.2k - CM 311
2.4k - NZXT Source 210 2lite
2.7k - NZXT Gamma
3.2k - CM 311 Plus, CM 430
4k - CM 431
4.4k - Corsair 300R

Now I want to change the second and third last options to Lancool PCK56W instead of 311 Plus, CM 430, CM 431. Obviously Corsair 300R is way better choice over Lancool and CMs, but it'a price is a little over 4.4k, so people refrain from buying it.

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
May be I don;t know the present price, but when NZXT Gamma price is raised to 2.7K?
It was available @2K, and last time I checked (a few months ago) it was ~2.3K

Xai

Journeyman
May be I don;t know the present price, but when NZXT Gamma price is raised to 2.7K?
It was available @2K, and last time I checked (a few months ago) it was ~2.3K

Yes, the prices had increased I think about 2 months back.

NZXT GAMMA

rajchakra

Broken In
Re: PC Buying Guide 2012 - Q1

Updating the Configs due to the Absence of Jaskanwar
Updated Config
Component Make Price
CPU Intel G620 3318
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H 3340
RAM G.Skill DDR3 4GB 1333 MHz 1150
HDD WD Caviar Blue 500GB 4050
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B3ST 1110
Case Intex/iBall/Frontech 1000
PSU FSP Saga II 500w 2300
Monitor Acer 205H 20" LCD 5050
KB + Mouse Amkette Classic Duo 380
Speakers Altec Lansing BXR1221 1100
UPS Intex 600VA 1400
Total 21799

total is not correct :shock:

should be 24,198 :p

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^Check couple of my previous posts Jas. I guess it won't need much corrections. BTW sub 85k and 100k configs are yet to be written.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Guys, Asrock 990FX Extreme 3 motherboard is available at only 8.5K at Primeabgb. I think we can say good buy to the Biostar 990FXE and use this one with the AMD builds.

Here goes the Link: Buy Asrock 990FX Extreme3 Motherboard in Mumbai India

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^Nice find buddy. But while I checked this review it says that the board is a poor OC'er. Is there any particular the reason why you chose this one instead of Biostar?

dfcols71

In the zone
whats the difference between Asrock 990FX Extreme 3 & ASRock 990FX Extreme4
ASRock 990FX Extreme4 -10017
ASRock 990FX Extreme4 Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^Extreme 4 has 8+2 phase power design and is a great board. And I don't think Extreme 3 is that good in OC'ing department. Waiting for some input from Cilus.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Not all the time overclocking potential depends upon the number of VRM, it also depends upon the quality of the VRM too. That's why the 990FXE from BIOSTAR is a good VFM overclocker board and supports around 4.8 GHz easily.

The Asrock Extreme 3 is little more feature rich compared to BIOSTAR 990FXE and although both are having 4+1 phase VRM, my guess is that ASROCK one does have digital VRM which performs load balancing more accurately. It also offer. As both are available in the same range, around 8.5K, I think we should recommend the Asrock one over BIOSTAR.

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ it is available at Flipkart @ 12.5K
Intel 3.1 GHz FCLGA1155 Core i5 3450 Processor | Processor | Flipkart.com

But at SMC, i5 3550 is available @ 12.8K and I think you should go with that. Also at that price point getting a Non-K processor isn't worthy unless one specifically wants the extra bandwitdth of SATA, USB etc from the combo of Ivy Bridge + Z77 combo.

Top Bottom