PC building help :)

doctorxerxes

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys,

First post on TDF so please go easy on me. Need a little help on assembling my new PC. The old I have at the moment is an AMD64 3000+ with only 512 MB RAM, so it's due time that I upgraded. I don't think anyone would object :p

Here are the answers to the template:-

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Generic answers will not work. Be exact and avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: Viewing movies in 1080p , Gaming (but RTS & Third person games and NOT FPS) , Basic surfing .

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 30-32k Just for the bare essentials i.e. CPU,Mobo,RAM,Cabinet,PSU etc Already have additional peripherals like speakers,monitor , keyboard,mouse.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Would like to avoid it

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win7 Home Premium 64bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500Gb MINIMUM

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Already have a BenQ 22" LED monitor which runs at 1920x1080

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: As stated above, Monitor,keyboard,mouse,speakers. (May need a new DVD drive as i don't know if the one i presently have will be compatible )

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:In the next 2 weeks

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Done by an assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Live in South Mumbai hence will be purchasing all my items from Lamington Road. Will be picking up all the stuff from Cassette World

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Thanks for your time :D

I had asked around and people recommended me the following:

CPU: i3 2100
Mobo: Intel DH67CL
RAM : 4gb (kindly suggest brands )
HDD: Seagate 500gb 7200rpm
GPU: Either the HD6850 or Nvidia 560 (non - ti)
PSU: Corsair CX500 or CX430 (depends on my GPU they said)
Cabinet: NZXT gamma

Would this configuration suffice my needs ? Or am I going overboard with the GPU ?

Ideally I would like to add a small SSD ,say 64Gb , just to load the OS and other essentials.Will it make a difference ? Can I cost cut somewhere and accommodate this ?

Thanks for looking ,

Xerxes

Cilus

laborare est orare
Here is my suggestion:-

AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 6K
Gigabyte GA-880G-USB3 AM3+ @ 4.8K
Corsair 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 1.2K
Seagate 500GB SATA @ 4K
Corsair CX 500 V2 @ 3K
MSI HD 6850 Cyclone OC @ 9.7K
NZXT Gamma @ 2.3K
Asus Black 24X SATA DVD Writer @ 1K

Total 32K

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
+1k for dvd writer.everything else is good.op my small suggestion is if you have a old hdd then use it for time being as right now the hdd cost is too high.you can buy it later when price decreases.if you are ready to stay with your old hdd then you can buy 6870.

Top Bottom