PayPal problems !

Status
Not open for further replies.

vs_sriram

3D Artist
Hi,

I've recently started freelancing and I have the option of receiving money through paypal [from my US Client]

I've created a paypal account but the problem is I'm unable to add my UTI Bank International Debit card to it...it keeps saying that the my card is rejected by my bank and that I should try another card..
I've tried adding my dad's Standard Charted Credit Card and it accepted it...same with his Bank of India Credit card/ I've removed them both for now..

could someone please tell me what the process is for settingup a paypal account to withdraw money ? I just need this account to receive money,I have no plans on buying anything through this..

Can I just add my dad's credit card and accept money ? or will I face a problem since my name does nto match with the card's ?
and where will the money go once the card is accpeted and I receive payment ? I mean,how can I draw it ? [if its via check,what bank will it be ,will it be in INR ?
Also,what are the transaction charges like ?? Will there be any limits on how much I can receive/draw ? I might recieve a minimum of 400$ per month on an average....[ I have created a personal account on paypal...will I have restrictions on how much I can receive...if yes,will upgrading to business account solve the issue ?]

Any help is appreciated,thanks !

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
You dont need any card to recive money. Without Card, there is a limitation of 500$ a month subject to 3000$ lifetime.

Dont Add you fathers card it will create problem. Paypal charges 5$ per cheque and shipping. They also charge 3% of amount per transaction (thats for Business Acount not sure for other though). The Cheque is INR and payable at Par. Cheque is in Account Holder Name.

OP
vs_sriram

vs_sriram

3D Artist
Thanks a lot for the info sukhdeep ! :D

So,the only solution for me is to create a new account on my dad's name,use his credit card to activate it and receive money through that ? Also,once verified,will those 500$ per month/3000$ lifetime limits go away ? or do i need to upgrade my account to remove the receiving limits ?

About the cheque,which bank will it be on ? also,will it be delivered by courier ?

Thanks for taking your time,I really appreciate your help!

ahref

In the zone
Hi for verified personal or premium acct limit is $2500 monthly and no lifetime limit. They send citibank cheque by ordinary post.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
ahref said:
Hi for verified personal or premium acct limit is $2500 monthly and no lifetime limit. They send citibank cheque by ordinary post.

Correct. Any more question, do post :) Soon we will be getting hired as Paypal Support team...they are opening office in India :D

OP
vs_sriram

vs_sriram

3D Artist
Thanks for the info guys,that cleared it up for me :D
one last question...how long does it take for the cheque to reach my home ? [aprox]

rajas700

Youngling
vs_sriram said:
Thanks for the info guys,that cleared it up for me :D
one last question...how long does it take for the cheque to reach my home ? [aprox]

it will take around 20 to 25 days of time to reach u from the date of requesting a check.. :)Minimum withdraw is 150$ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom