Patch ur SE phone to improve on the features!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
the original menu icons are built into the firmware. jus delete all the icons (gif, png whatever) and menu.ml that you've put in there and copy this file (original) menu.ml in its place. this is the only file u need to replace and you'll get all the original icons back.

*rapidshare.com/files/48271982/menu.ml.html

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
gr8 job infra......... but i want to know if u hav worked out on nokia phones as well???...........

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i used to fiddle around when i had a nokia phone. but it wasn't very customisable. so i jus chucked that. using an SE phone now. so i haf no idea whats going on in that scenario now! :)

adi87

Journeyman
Infrared guy !!!
Thnx a ton...

Can u please tell as to how to create a backup of the original firmware in case the flashin kills the phone ???
ALso it wud be really hlepful of u if u cud give guide on flashin w810i or w610 firmware to k550i coz i heard tht its possible....

infra_red_dude said:
@techgenius
follow this thread on installing the acoustic drivers. it mentions the procedure to do so using FAR:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54672

i'm uploading the original w810i acoustic drivers here. download them and use these instead of the ones mentioned in the above link:
*rapidshare.com/files/35962956/acoustic.rar.html

@shashank_re
radio widout headset patch is useless buddy. thats coz the phone doesn't haf an inbuild antenna for radio. so even if u apply that patch and are able to turn on the radio, it won't work. so it doesn't make any sense to apply that patch!

Hey... can i flash these w810 acoustic drivers on k550 ???

Last edited:
OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@shashank
i use a patch which which allows me to transfer the menu icons onto the others folder on phone. so i haf a lot of menu icons kept in my mem card. whenever i feel bored, i fire up mobyexplorer and copy the new menu icons there and restart and voila! i haf a new menu :)

@adi
for w700i, u need the files i've mentioned in the first page of this thread:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54672
they are the original firmware files. that is ur backup.

secondly yes, the acoustic drivers are universal. so w810i drivers can be used on other phones. however, the k550i is a newer phone. so u cant access the file system wid the plugins mentioned above. its only for older phones upto w810i.

thirdly, the only reason why i hafn't posted the k550i to w610i conversion is simply coz i don't haf a k550i to play around wid and hence i can't test it. so if i post here (widout testing) and somebody tries it and the method fails then i will not be in a position to help them in anyway. hence i make it sure that for whatever i post, it is tried and tested and in case of any probs i can extend my full support :)

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Sorry that patch is not available. However these patches are available for W550i. BUT ENSURE THAT YOU ARE USING THE SAME FIRMWARE!!!! IF NOT, THEN BACK OUT AND DON'T PATCH!!!

*www.iprotebe.cz/patch_files-w550-r4cb020

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Hello guys! After a lot of time I'm back into patching.. taking a break from my application work and mac4lin :)

More patches coming your way!

1) reduction_level_ illumination_10_to_100_w700_r1ca021.vkp
This patch provides more control over the lcd illumination. You can now set it from 10% to 140%!!! At 10% and 20%, it also turns off the keypad lights.

2) topled_ir_blink_charging_w700_r1ca021.vkp
Hmmm... more of a fancy patch actually. You must've guessed what it does! Yes, when the phone is charging the top IR LED blinks and stops when the phone battery is fully charge.

3) notification_calls_w700_r1ca021.vkp
This patch is supposed to alert you of missed calls. In case of an unchecked missed call, the phone vibrates/blinks to alert you. This didn't work for me. So mebbe you guys can post more about it, for whom it works.

4) rf_circuits_on_off_w700_r1ca021.vkp
This patch is supposed to allow you turn off the RF circuits (Music/Flight Mode) without you hafing to switch off the phone. Now how it does...?? I dunno, mebbe thru Profiles. Again, didn't work for me. Someone test it and report its working.

All the 4 patches are in the attached .zip file. These patches are only for SE W700i with R1CA021 firmware!!!!!!

You may also wanna read this post: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=713498&postcount=138

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ Sorry, I only haf the stock for W700i patches. Also i guess the official hosting of se-nse.net is down now!

So you'd be better off searching for patches at www.mobilefree.ru .Use some translator and head to the patches section.

kaka2_vn

Right off the assembly line
Dude, do you have SE w950i firmware? if yes, please upload the firmware to Internet or point out the link to download it.

Thank you very much!!

viruss

Atarangi Keeda
Hey INFRA RED DUDE,
Can you make a video tutorial for flashing and patching for SEw810i, so that noob like me can get it easily.

mannuforall

mannuforall
Where I found the latest firmware for my SE W700i, Somebody tells me if I upgrade firmware with SEUS than se patch does not work on phone or FAR and SX will not work with phone.
When I apply path for password function (password_functions_phone_v2.6a_w700_r1ca021.vkp), it done well but when I open file manager in phone, it restarts the phone every time.
Is there any patch for copy & paste function in sms or java.

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I guess video tutorial is available at the orkut w700i flashing community.

@mannuforall
Which firmware do you use? you need to use R1ca021 firmware for that patch. From my exp. that patch is not very stable. First check if you are using the correct firmware. If you are then I'd suggest unpatch that patch.

hard_rock

Salieri Family
Hi..I have w810i (R4DB005 CID50 firmware). I learnt flashing through your threads in this forum..
I have read in few forums like topsony,se-nse that vkp patches cant be applied for CID50 phones..My phone has become highly uncustomizable.. Cant apply any patch..
So..How to change Battery icons,increase sms capacity without using any patch..
Also, I removed the operator logo by editing layout.xml, now I want 'Airtel' to be displayed at extreme right of screen..Is it possible??

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
AFAIK there are no patches for CID50 phone. But if you can break in to your phone with XS++ and get access to the internal file system then you can edit the smsdata file and increase the capacity. As for layout, find the original layout.xml file from someone and replace it in the phone after breakinginto the FS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom