Password Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

prabhatmohit

Journeyman
Hi! guys I would like to know if there is any way by which using winzip i can password protect the archive.
Thanx in advance!!

ferrarif50

Journeyman
Ofcourse you can.

1. Select the folder or file and right click, choose Winzip and select Add to Zip File ( ie if shell extensions are enabled), or open an existing Zip file.

2. Choose Actions > Encrypt from the menu or press Shift + Y

3. Click OK on the popped up dialog box

4. Enter your password now and also choose the encryption method

5. Once done, you will get a * symbol, next to the file inside the zip file.

6. Close and try extracting to check whether it prompts for a pwd.

Hope this helps you.

aadipa

Padawan
Password option is in Options>Passwords

But let me tell u, in ZIP format, each entry can have a separate password and password applies only for the files which u added to zip AFTER u set the password.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
For WinRAR go to File>>Password and for WinZip go to Actions>>Encrypt.

Or better still use CTRL+P for WinRAR and Shift+Y for Winzip.

And remember what aadipa said about the encryption procedure in WinZip.

ramprasad

In the zone
Hi
If u want to protect the contents then it is fine to zip the contents and set the password. The user will be prompted for the password only if he extracts or wants to view it...So the contents of the zip file will be shown. If u want to protect this, first zip the contents with/without a password and then again add that zip file to the archive which is password protected...

Hope u understood.

Regards,
Ramprasad

W

Wizard No.2

aadipa said:
Password option is in Options>Passwords

But let me tell u, in ZIP format, each entry can have a separate password and password applies only for the files which u added to zip AFTER u set the password.

Good to c u helpin others ( brainiac says it all ), but a small issue

How are u using IMG Tag, when we members arent allowed to.

cool_dude_prav

In the zone
Wizard No.2 said:

This is nothing new.. I have already reported that many times to the Mods.. But no response...

Seems like as u once said...

Wizard No.2 said:
Everytin is fine with digit n its forums, except for the few people with Powers here

aadipa

Padawan
Wizard No.2 said:
Good to c u helpin others ( brainiac says it all ), but a small issue

That was coz i was offline when all changes were made and then never went to profile page. Sorry to all those members who had to download that IMG every time the page loads. Now I am also on text only as forum saz and that will sure help faster loading of pages.

Sorry and Thanks :)

W

Wizard No.2

aadipa said:
Sorry to all those members who had to download that IMG every time the page loads. Sorry and Thanks :)

lol, its not the question of speed aadi, I thgt there was some bug in thei forum which prevented us from posting images. So jus put this query to confirm it.

aadipa

Padawan
Wizard No.2 said:
aadipa said:
Sorry to all those members who had to download that IMG every time the page loads. Sorry and Thanks :)

lol, its not the question of speed aadi, I thgt there was some bug in thei forum which prevented us from posting images. So jus put this query to confirm it.

The bug was just like the way ZIP files works.
Password is applied to those files which are added AFTER u set it.
Simillarly, the mod is applied for those who change the profile after the mod is installed. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom