!!! Password Protecting a CD-R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipen01

Youngling
Hey Guys...

Can anyone help me with Password Protecting the CD-R.. I have some confidential data and so i just want CD-R to ask and verify a password before even displaying its contents.... Is it possible...Not only on my Pc but if the Cd is tried on any PC..???
I have an Idea of Zipping it and givin it password.. but it will be gr8 if anyone of u suggest a better option.. Is there any software which does it.. I mean password protection Cd on permanent Basis... Any other suggestion are welcomed....

Regards..
Dipen

yehmeriidhain

In the zone
Ofcourse there R many s/w(s) for tht .. exactly not able to remind it .. but try google hope it will help! .. & if I can remember Digit Too published abt these s/w(s) in their magazine ard August 2004 check the magazine if U have it!

Right now i'm in a hurry! have to play! on LAN bye!

valtea

In the zone
thius might not be an answer that you'll be looking but instead of starting a new thread i'll ask here..

What about protecting video CD. protect the video file from being copied into a computer are makeing copy of the CD. while being able to watch it on a standard player

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
Hey.. buddy..

i have searched a lot but unable to find such a software which can password protect CD-R content...
i came along one software but the prob is it will work only if it is installed on both computers... thats of no use...
Isnt there any software which encrypts data in suitable way ond decrypts it on its own when password is correct....(of Course on CD-R)

@yehmeriidhain :-- buddy as u said there are many softwares to do.. can u pls suggest 2-3 better softs.. which can suit my need ( :lol: :lol: OF COURSE IF U HAVE TIME AND NOT IN HURRY TO PLAY ON LAN :wink: :wink: ).... it will be gr8 if u can elaborate it..

@valtea:-- buddy protecting video on Cd-R and preventing it from being copied is entirely diverting the main topic.. coz am here to ask to password protect ANY CD-R... even its contents should not be visible without password... what say..??? I dont mind u posting it.. but i guess it will be comfortable if u start a new thread... anyways its o with me as long as main prob is not diverted.....

Regards...
Dipen

Charley

Just Do It
Yes you can. Create the container file on your hard drive, and burn it onto the CD or write it on the USB flash.

Dekart Private Disk Light is a free disk encryption software, with 128-bit encryption to protect private information. No longer supported and developed.

- Dekart Private Disk is a new, easy to use and constantly improving disk encryption software, which provides 100% protection of your private information by employing strong encryption methods (using AES encryption for encrypting both the encrypted disk and the encryption key).

*www.dekart.com/pub/products/Private Disk/current/English/PrvDisk.exe

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
well dipen try some of these for a while...cause havent yet done this procedure yet....just try em out
*www.necrocosm.com/ppscd/index.html
*www.jetico.com/
*www.gold-software.com/download3059.html
*www.scramdisk.clara.net/ > [some random guide that i got off a forum for this utility
Create a passphrase protected encrypted 'container' the size of the CDR 650/700meg)
Mount the container and it appears as a new drive letter in Windows Explorer.
Fill the container with your data
burn the container to CDR.
The CDR can then be mounted by entering the pass phrase & the contents will become available as a new drive letter.]

I suppose u need to encrypt ur files first so that later no once can bypass it....also there's no surefire way of total success...will try to get something else if possible :wink:

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
hey guys...

achacko@dataone.in said:
Yes you can. Create the container file on your hard drive, and burn it onto the CD or write it on the USB flash.

Dekart Private Disk Light is a free disk encryption software, with 128-bit encryption to protect private information. No longer supported and developed.

@achako..:-- buddy will i also need Dekart Private disk on any PC where I use the Cd-R... coz if its that way then it wont be of any use.. what say..?..
anywyas... thankx for u advice...

@allwyn:-- buddy.. thankx for ur links.. ill surely try them and let u know if its works or not... But yaar i didnt get how to burn a container ... actually u can say i didnt get the concept of container.... gr8 if u can explain it...anyways.. thankx...

Cheers..
Dipen

ishaan

Padawan
*www.cd-lock.com/

u can put a password using this software and then use the cd in ANY pc without installin any additional software

from the site:

Hassle-free security
CD-Lock secures your removable media by scrambling the filenames and encrypting all the files with Blowfish. Yet, just enter the password when the CD is inserted into any computer running Win2000 or XP and you can instantly use the files as you always have¹ - without the need to decrypt them first.

Transparent Encryption tm
CD-Lock decrypts the files and unscrambles the names quickly and transparently, behind the scenes, so you don't have to. This allows anyone to keep their CD data secure but to effortlessly access their files instantly just by entering their password when the CD is inserted.

Works great on most removable media!
CD-Lock works great on floppy disks, CDs, DVDs, USB flash drives, etc...

------------

only downside is that it is not free and u can only get a trial but if u really need it u can buy it

other methods of using it fully are also there but are illegal (cracks) and shouldnt b used as the developer made it so he should get money

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
buddy.... will Cd-lock work on WIN 98 and ME also... pls lemm know...
anyways thankx for ur help..

Cheers.
Dipen..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom