Passport and Visa related queries and experiences

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Btw.....going abroad?

- - - Updated - - -
Quoting to get attention.

Not now but hopefully within 2 years. My employer requires me to submit a copy of my passport when I join the job. I thought it'll take time to so decided to get it done 2 months in advance.

Edit:
Now for a new bank account, I need PAN card for which I need the bills under my name. :pullhair:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Not now but hopefully within 2 years. My employer requires me to submit a copy of my passport when I join the job. I thought it'll take time to so decided to get it done 2 months in advance.

Edit:
Now for a new bank account, I need PAN card for which I need the bills under my name. :pullhair:

You don't have PAN card? :-|

ashs1

Padawan
Thanks for your valuable suggestions. I think going with ashs1's method would be less time consuming. Notary office babus will take like 30-40 minutes to get the job done, and a day's worth of wait to get the ad in newspaper. While getting a new birth certificate could take days. :|
@ashs1, please give a template of that ad. :)

I'll save that day's e-paper for future purpose along with 2-3 physical copies. ;) Easier to manage.

Sure.. The ad will be like this :

I, xyz, Son of pqr, born on 01-12-1991, residing at [[your address]] shall henceforth be known as ABC.

Before you place the ad in the classifieds, please do check with your passport office whether they will accept this.. Most of the govt. employees in the offices are ignorant of these..i gave this same advice to my friend( in chennai )..unlike me, he had to give the ad in 2 newspaper ( 1 national & 1 local).. I gave the ad only in national.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Sure.. The ad will be like this :

I, xyz, Son of pqr, born on 01-12-1991, residing at [[your address]] shall henceforth be known as ABC.

Before you place the ad in the classifieds, please do check with your passport office whether they will accept this.. Most of the govt. employees in the offices are ignorant of these..i gave this same advice to my friend( in chennai )..unlike me, he had to give the ad in 2 newspaper ( 1 national & 1 local).. I gave the ad only in national.

They already asked me to give an ad each in a local and a national daily news paper. Those are TCS people AFAIK in PSK who verify the documents before allotting a waiting number.

I'll keep searching for more templates meanwhile.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
It took me around a year or so to get the passport so....You might be here for the long ride [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION]. Other then that seems your queries have been answered :

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
It took me around a year or so to get the passport so....You might be here for the long ride @SaiyanGoku. Other then that seems your queries have been answered :

Last month a friend of mine applied normally for his passport and got it last week. I think I'll get it within 2 months max.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Last month a friend of mine applied normally for his passport and got it last week. I think I'll get it within 2 months max.

Normal is a little random. Tatkaal is awesome though. Everyone in my family got it within a week of application.

arian29

In the zone
I recently applied for a passport renewal. Reason was change in address. Everything went smooth and the passport has already been sent to me. However there is a mistake. The issue date of the old passport is 2/9/2008, but it is entered as 2/8/2008. Now the police office who came for address verification pointed this out. However he said that , as my old passport has not been used and there are no stamps on it, so it wont be a big deal and there should not be any problems.
Now i would be applying for US visa early next year. Can this be a concern? What should i do? I don't see any option of correcting such mistake on the passport website.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I recently applied for a passport renewal. Reason was change in address. Everything went smooth and the passport has already been sent to me. However there is a mistake. The issue date of the old passport is 2/9/2008, but it is entered as 2/8/2008. Now the police office who came for address verification pointed this out. However he said that , as my old passport has not been used and there are no stamps on it, so it wont be a big deal and there should not be any problems.
Now i would be applying for US visa early next year. Can this be a concern? What should i do? I don't see any option of correcting such mistake on the passport website.

Get it corrected. Call up passport office, it's their mistake.

arian29

In the zone
Get it corrected. Call up passport office, it's their mistake.

I called the Passport helpline - 1800-258-1800. They said i need to go to the RPO. They didn't give me any contact number. I had applied at Herald house, ITO PSK. Now i cannot enter Herald house without an appointment, and there's no appointment scheduling available online for rectifications. So what to do.

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I called the Passport helpline - 1800-258-1800. They said i need to go to the RPO. They didn't give me any contact number. I had applied at Herald house, ITO PSK. Now i cannot enter Herald house without an appointment, and there's no appointment scheduling available online for rectifications. So what to do.

Get the number of ITO PSK.

Call the passport helpline for the number or ask them whats the procedure as it was not your fault.

google shows the same number 1800 258 1800 for herald house.

arian29

In the zone
I called but they dont have the Harald house number. They only have the RPO (Bikagi Kama) number (no one ever picks it up). Can i not walk in ?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I called but they dont have the Harald house number. They only have the RPO (Bikagi Kama) number (no one ever picks it up). Can i not walk in ?

Yeah, you can go there and ask them as a last option.

arian29

In the zone
Was thinking i apply for reissue of passport all together.. darn confusion.. I need the passport by oct... so don't wanna loose any time..

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Was thinking i apply for reissue of passport all together.. darn confusion.. I need the passport by oct... so don't wanna loose any time..

Have a talk with the official. And then let him/her suggest. If they say reapply then pitch in for tatkal service because it was a mistake at their end and you are in urgent need of it.

Make them understand it in a calm manner.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Which would be the fastest way to get my passport and teach those lazy ass officers a lesson who haven't forwarded my report yet? One of them said, "We don't follow the guidelines of Ministry Of External Affairs" :mad:

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone share the link to the latest guidelines from Ministry Of External Affairs regarding police verification?

Top Bottom