Partitioning Problem

sourabh.belekar

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
I've bought lenovo u410 ultrabook recently. It has 500gb HDD.
C:\ drive is of size 420GB .
I want to partition it into two 120+300.
I tried to do it using EASEUS Partition Master 9.1.1 Home Edition.

It shows following Error. (shown in pic)

partition.PNG

Please Help. Thank you..!!

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Assuming your 5th partition, "LENOVO_PART" is also primary partition (hidden by error message box in screen shot), and I'm sure it is the case.

The problem is any disk can't have more than 4 primary partitions, and you already have 4.

What you need to do, is first convert any contiguous(C: or D: ) partition to unallocated space to logical, then create as many sub-partitions in that logical partitions.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
don't mess around with partitions if you don't know what you are doing.also which operation did you use to create 300gb partition,resizing/shrinking C drive etc.

OP
S

sourabh.belekar

Right off the assembly line
don't mess around with partitions if you don't know what you are doing.also which operation did you use to create 300gb partition,resizing/shrinking C drive etc.

i used shrink option on 420gb partition

Assuming your 5th partition, "LENOVO_PART" is also primary partition (hidden by error message box in screen shot), and I'm sure it is the case.

The problem is any disk can't have more than 4 primary partitions, and you already have 4.

What you need to do, is first convert any contiguous(C: or D: ) partition to unallocated space to logical, then create as many sub-partitions in that logical partitions.

Thanks it soved problem.... :)

Top Bottom