partitioning a fresh HDD

sanny16

Journeyman
I am going to assemble(thru some1) a pc in few weeks. I want to partition the HDD without installing OS because intially the fresh(new) HDD wont have any partition which will create problem while backing up the files. I know that partition manager can be used in installed OS but is there ne other way?

frankeric

Journeyman
if you just want partition of your hard drive than use windows 98 bootable cd and boot your system in dos after that just make partitions and than you are good to go.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ this ain't work if Op needs to create a NTFS partition and seriously who wants to use a win98 bootable CD anyway when we have free OSS based bootable disc which can create/edit all sorts of partitions.

frankeric

Journeyman
^^ this ain't work if Op needs to create a NTFS partition and seriously who wants to use a win98 bootable CD anyway when we have free OSS based bootable disc which can create/edit all sorts of partitions.

hi brother i think he mention that he dont want to install os so no program can run without os he only want to creat partiotion after creating patition he can wasly select partition and format it in fat or ntfs file systen whenever hr use hdd with any os please correct me if i m wrong.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Buddy Parted Magic is a bootable Linux Distro ( like Linux Live CDs ) - so Op don't need to install anything .. he just need to write the PM iso file on a CD to make a bootable disc, boot the pc using the PM disc ( like OS install disc ) and the PM disc will allow him him create/format/edit/resize any kind of partition he wants.

Top Bottom