partition on pen drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHAVESHp

Broken In
hi , friends
i have 32 GB pendrive , i want to create partions on it , how can do the same?
pl . help me :(
Thank you

markupdude

Right off the assembly line
A 32 GB pen-drive, bah! Just curious did you have to import it from abroad or is it available in Indian market?

Coz just yesterday i got a Transcend 8 GB one, good to go with Portable Apps . Never heard of 32GB in Indian market at least.

mrintech

Technomancer
Dude Frankly speaking don't go for partition. Suppose you partition the drive into 4 slots, maybe after some time Windows fails to detect any one of them (I said May Be).

So I suggest don't go for partition at all.

Vishal Patil

Linux all the way
ya what he said is right, windows doesnt detect partitioned pendrives.
I had partitioned my pendrive in linux, linux detected it, but wiindows didnot detect all the partition.
just the first partition.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Dude Frankly speaking don't go for partition. Suppose you partition the drive into 4 slots, maybe after some time Windows fails to detect any one of them (I said May Be).
... so what happens?

ya what he said is right, windows doesnt detect partitioned pendrives.
I had partitioned my pendrive in linux, linux detected it, but wiindows didnot detect all the partition.
just the first partition.
Thats purely untrue. Maybe something to do with you alone. If its not working for you then don't generalize for everyone.

I always use a partitioned flash drive if its above 2GB in size. Helps me organize my data well. It has also so happened that some portion of the flash drive went bad and fortunately I lost data only in that partition as opposed to all data. From my experience I'd say there were no problems at all (preferably make FAT32 partitions).

din

Tribal Boy
After I bought new HDD for my laptop, I put the old HDD in casing and use it as a USB drive, (of course not exactly a pen drive - but the interface remains the same) and all partitions were detected by Windows without any problem. I do not think partitioning pendrive is a problem.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
My Disk Management Doesnt have any option to Partition Pen Drive. Am i Missing something ? :confused:

*i38.tinypic.com/33c3xqw.jpg

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Disk Management will not directly allow you to partition. You need to flip the Removable Bit by some utility (like BootIT or HP etc.). The flash drive can then haf multiple partitions.

din

Tribal Boy
Last edited:

mrintech

Technomancer
Actually I want to say that if Windows fails to detect it than it fill inadvertently leads to data loss.

:D

It was a Typo... It must be will ;)

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
windows ;does detect pqrtitioned pendrives...
i have an transcend 2gb pendrive which i have partitioned with Transcend mFormat utility.. and it works fine...

Sude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom