Participate in Windows App Challenge Contest and Win One Assured Windows Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyboy37

Right off the assembly line
I have submitted 2 apps , 1st as free version with ads and 2nd as without ad as paid app. both of them are certified .So both of them are eligible for contest?:|:-?

Close replica means exactly the same functionality, same look and feel and infringement of someone's copyright idea/concept or design. Similar applications are accepted as long as they are different from the original version and offering something different proposition.

I have 2 apps in app hub both are certified...1st is free version and 2nd is paid version ..1st contain ad and some limits while 2nd contains no ad and have full app service.. I hope this @ app will b considered as 2 apps in app contest ..m i right? :-?

rajaram_s

Broken In
Yes. I got a call from them. However, nothing related to signing a form was asked for. Was it mailed across to you on the live mail id? or couriered?

karthiks

Windows App Challenge

there is no response from Thinkdigit.I submitted 3 apps on 31th, How long it will take?

OP
S

shauvik

Team Digit
The final list has been prepared and shared with Microsoft. Once we hear from them (possibly 2 weeks), we will update the winners page!

CloudS

Broken In
I have not got any email till now, not even for the isv which many people are saying have got. Any idea......?

OP
S

shauvik

Team Digit
Announcement Time Guys: All the winners name have been published. You can check the announcement page of this contest. Congratulations to all the winners! See you all in Samsung App Challenge contest now!

Dhrubajyoti

A Rolling Stone
Thinkdigit, we request you to please contact you partners to change the device for March winners to Lumia 800, for all, with no criteria. Everyone had participated with the same interests and please do not let them down. Thanks.

Dhrubajyoti

A Rolling Stone
What did the march winners get ?

Some crap old devices. Kind of development devices that have never seen the light of the day. Everyone (including me) seems to be complaining.

And Yes it was on the Terms and Condition page and blah blah.... But never thought that someday we will actually have to read and take knowledgeable actions after reading all the legal terms. After I went through the T&C thoroughly now, I realise that the organisers practically can do anything without bothering about any contestant. Just feeling like a dumb after spending a $99 fee for registration.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Some crap old devices. Kind of development devices that have never seen the light of the day. Everyone (including me) seems to be complaining.

And Yes it was on the Terms and Condition page and blah blah.... But never thought that someday we will actually have to read and take knowledgeable actions after reading all the legal terms. After I went through the T&C thoroughly now, I realise that the organisers practically can do anything without bothering about any contestant. Just feeling like a dumb after spending a $99 fee for registration.

To be honest I was actually surprised when Lumia800 was given to contestants, I was expecting some cheap WP7 phones. But I understand your disappointment.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@kartik I am not aware properly of what is going on in the competition but since you are unhappy you should email the editor through editor@thinkdigit.com with relevant information and subject etc :wink:

Dhrubajyoti

A Rolling Stone
To be honest I was actually surprised when Lumia800 was given to contestants, I was expecting some cheap WP7 phones. But I understand your disappointment.
Yes... I agree on that... I too was.... but it was one of the reasons why there were so many partcipants... otherwise no one except the professional mobile application developers would have taken part by paying a $99 fee....

I am not good in Legal definations... but since they have already given Lumia 800's, clause 24 of Terms and Conditions (Terms and Conditions - Windows App Challenge Contest) state that:

'Where the Benefits under the current Program are items/goods, these shall be subject to availability. Microsoft Corporation India Pvt Ltd. at its discretion can provide alternate items of equivalent value. Pictures of the items/goods shown in the Program website and/or announcement mailers may differ from the items/goods given.'

The new ones given does not satisfy the equivalent condition.

@shauvik can you please update us on what is going on? it has been about 4-5 days of no communication... i have not recieved the agreement yet, some other participants have asked for a changed agreement, etc. what is the status for all of these?

OP
S

shauvik

Team Digit
Mr shauvik can u hear me what the hell is going on with thinkdigit

I am participated in Windows App Challenge Contest .but my name is published is winners list .but i am succesfull done my job .My email id is Email Id Removed & my submiited applications are

Perimeter Calculator

*windowsphone.com/s?appid=b79a...5-6f18587dfd23

Temp Converter

*windowsphone.com/s?appid=1885...9-80497cf96de2

VolumeCalculator

*windowsphone.com/s?appid=6055...c-db9dd04a1e13

Plz check it agien

Hi Karthik,

Are you saying that your name is not there in the winners sheet, although you have created valid apps? I tried finding your email sent to app AT thinkdigit dot com but couldnt find any email sent through the id mentioned here. Can you send the details to the id mentioned? I will check that and let you know.

@shauvik can you please update us on what is going on? it has been about 4-5 days of no communication... i have not recieved the agreement yet, some other participants have asked for a changed agreement, etc. what is the status for all of these?

Are you saying that you havent recieved any agreement from Pankaj? or are you saying that you havent received any mail from Pankaj? Please write to APP At thinkdigit dot com and I will look into this

Dhrubajyoti

A Rolling Stone
Are you saying that you havent recieved any agreement from Pankaj? or are you saying that you havent received any mail from Pankaj? Please write to APP At thinkdigit dot com and I will look into this

Got the agreement mail today.... just after you made this reply.... Anyways wrote a mail to you... hope I will get a reply.

CloudS

Broken In
My name is too not in the list. Made 3 apps, certified and published on the marketplace before 30th March.
Sent an email to app@thinkdigit.com and then gave the ISV ID and app names with URL to shauvik.kumar on 19th but have not got any reply yet.

OP
S

shauvik

Team Digit
Organizers or whoever concerned, kuch to reply kar do.

Hi Utsav,

We had followed up with Microsoft and they will start contacting the second list of participants that we had sent recently. They wanted to get the first list of March list to be completed before they start contacting the second list. Hence the delay. You should hear back from them shortly.

karthiks

Hi Karthik,

Are you saying that your name is not there in the winners sheet, although you have created valid apps? I tried finding your email sent to app AT thinkdigit dot com but couldnt find any email sent through the id mentioned here. Can you send the details to the id mentioned? I will check that and let you know.

Hello shauvik,
Are joking sir i send mail on 31 march if you have any doubt about that i will send you header of the mail .I am getting disappointment with thinkdigit contests,and i send mail to app@thinkdigit.com regarding this issue but not getting any response from you .what happen? why?

OP
S

shauvik

Team Digit
Hello shauvik,
Are joking sir i send mail on 31 march if you have any doubt about that i will send you header of the mail .I am getting disappointment with thinkdigit contests,and i send mail to app@thinkdigit.com regarding this issue but not getting any response from you .what happen? why?

Karthik,

Your name is on the winners page and you should be receiving the agreement from Microsoft soon. I had even tried calling you up many time to explain this during the last week.

No need to worry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom