Participate in Windows App Challenge Contest and Win One Assured Windows Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
@Shauvik: There is one more thing I would like clarified. In the contest prizes section, there a point that mentions "Every developer who submits 6 valid Apps also stands a chance to win an exciting windows phone accessory".

Does this mean that every developer that makes 6 apps will get the accessory, or that there will be a 'lucky draw'. I am interested it that, but I am not lucky enough to ever win 'lucky draws'. :p

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
So each dev with 6 apps will get it? Or is there some other criteria that we should be aware of?

It's just that "also stands a chance to win" is giving me the impression that the accessory isn't assured to every dev with 6 apps, because the other points are quite clear on each dev with 3 apps getting a mobile.

Thank you for being patient with me! :D

Last edited:
OP
S

shauvik

Team Digit
All participants, who submits atleast 6 apps will be getting windows accessory, provided they are unique and must belong to this month's date range. The winners for the month of January are already declared.

Aditya_C

Right off the assembly line
shauvik, i have entered the contest. i had made the applications, and submitted two of them for certification on the 19th. after that, i submitted one per day, until i had done 6. but none of the applications have been certified till now, not even the very first ones (submitted on the 19th). they are all stuck on the 'signed and encrypted' stage.

i am now getting worried that i will not be able to make it. i had heard from others who participated that app certification takes only 2-3 days, and another 1-2 days for the apps to publish on the market place. it has been more than that already, for the first apps, and microsoft certification testers do not work on weekends.

please help me.

shauvik, i have entered the contest. i had made the applications, and submitted two of them for certification on the 19th. after that, i submitted one per day, until i had done 6. but none of the applications have been certified till now, not even the very first ones (submitted on the 19th). they are all stuck on the 'signed and encrypted' stage.

i am now getting worried that i will not be able to make it. i had heard from others who participated that app certification takes only 2-3 days, and another 1-2 days for the apps to publish on the market place. it has been more than that already, for the first apps, and microsoft certification testers do not work on weekends.

please help me.

Oh, you got plenty of time, but to be on the safe side, see documentation, it states it generally takes 5 days on average ( though they really gets the job done on 2-3 days). and max 7 days, after which you have to contact them ( or they will) or u have to submit your apps again (maybe your apps didn't get approved, though they send mail for that too.) And as soon as you get the deep links to your apps whether it gets shown up in marketplace or not you can submit to digit(as when app shows in marketplace it shows the date in which it got published, not the date in which it got shown in MP). Guys at digit are helpful.

Aditya_C

Right off the assembly line
all my apps got certified wholesale on monday!!! all but one has been published. it has been certified but awaiting publishing. probably tonight. i have submitted all the app links to digit and sent a mail with the deep links as suggested by abhishek.

hari1

In the zone
How do you if a person is an "individual developer"?
I mean that if person is 18 years and above, knows basics of programming language but actually is not an app developer but can make apps for windows phone for this contest, can he participate?

hari1

In the zone
Can anyone reply to my question????????????

I mean that if person is 18 years and above, knows basics of programming language but actually is not an app developer but can make apps for windows phone for this contest, can he participate?

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
yes.

if you're alone, you're an individual developer. If you're using an army of men, you aren't. Isn't that self explanatory?

Dhrubajyoti

A Rolling Stone
Submitted a few apps. The first one being 3 days old and still not approved. Will be a big waste of money, if they do not get approved. Had never worked on any of Microsoft's development technologies so had a tough time coding the new ones. The dependency on .net technologies is also a let down. If they support something like Java, they would win a million developers.

Submitted a few apps. The first one being 3 days old and still not approved. Will be a big waste of money, if they do not get approved. Had never worked on any of Microsoft's development technologies so had a tough time coding the new ones. The dependency on .net technologies is also a let down. If they support something like Java, they would win a million developers.

Yeah it's always fun discussing JAVA v/s .NET.
You have so many days left before contest ends, why worry. And even if it won't get approved by march, by the looks of it, the contest may even extend to april, (or may MAY... :mrgreen:)

GOOD LUCK.

Dhrubajyoti

A Rolling Stone
Yeah it's always fun discussing JAVA v/s .NET.
You have so many days left before contest ends, why worry. And even if it won't get approved by march, by the looks of it, the contest may even extend to april, (or may MAY... :mrgreen:)

GOOD LUCK.

Thanks Abhishek, for your words of support. Anyways I like the way Digit has been shaping up the tech community of India. They are the only ones who are motivating people to learn new technologies and also adoption on newer technologies.

Dhrubajyoti

A Rolling Stone
@shauvik: Since I am not getting replies from app@thinkdigit.com, I wanted to ask this. I made a couple of apps and had sent 1-2 mails earlier stating that I had submitted these apps and they are awaiting certification as such literally they were of any use. Now almost all of them are certified and published. I am still continuing development of more apps. So should I sent a mail to app@thinkdigit.com stating that 'these many apps are certified and I will continue updating the list'. Or should I wait till 31st March, 2012 and send a mail mentioning all the certified and published apps at one shot?

OP
S

shauvik

Team Digit
Yes, you can send the mails at app AT Thinkdigit.com as and when your apps get approved. Bulk URLs with your ISV number may help. No need to wait til 31st March.

rajaram_s

Broken In
Shauvik : Could you please let us know when the winners of Feb will be announced?

No response from app@thinkdigit makes us worried if our apps are actually considered or not.

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
Shauvik : Could you please let us know when the winners of Feb will be announced?

No response from app@thinkdigit makes us worried if our apps are actually considered or not.

If you had submitted the apps in February, then you should have already gotten communication from Microsoft (their agents, Impact Marketing, actually), asking for your address and signature on a form for the phone.

My friend and I, along with numerous other entrants, have gotten these mails, even though the February winner haven't been announced by Digit. Perhaps the announcement for the February winner is going to be made along with the the March ones, since it's almost April.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom