Participate in Chrome Challenge Contest and win assured prizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta

Journeyman
Just submitted my app MuveeList. It's a simple movie watchlist app which utilizes HTML5 IndexedDB to store data locally. I know it's not much, but that's what I could come up with in a single day.

Here is my submitted app... took me some time,

Ball . E

*chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hpfpicfmdbidjfplhnkhlgpncmeejnhf?hc=search&hcp=main

It's a puzzle game, hope u guys enjoy.:smile:
Thanks charan for reply (of any kind). Greatly appreciated!

Harivel

Broken In
Here is my Application...

LastTwit

*chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/akfeemgmecpcmjhnhigcjiccophaplfd

Check this and Tell me Comments!! :))

========================
I m also "Google Developer"
:razz:

Has DIGIT dispatched any acknowledgement mail after submitting the app.

I am not asking after the email registration, but after the submission of app.
I would really like to know as, I submitted very late.
On August 15 around 1900hrs...
:oops:

P.S.
What's the answer for random question 'antonym for fool', I seem to get it many times :mrgreen:

OP
S

shauvik

Team Digit
Has DIGIT dispatched any acknowledgement mail after submitting the app.

I am not asking after the email registration, but after the submission of app.
I would really like to know as, I submitted very late.
On August 15 around 1900hrs...
:oops:

P.S.
What's the answer for random question 'antonym for fool', I seem to get it many times :mrgreen:

We are reviewing the Apps and will revert shortly with our feedback. We havent yet replied to anybody whether their Apps have been accepted or rejected. Thanks! :smile:

OP
S

shauvik

Team Digit
The contest is officially closed now. On special requests from few participants, we had accepted Apps till 31st August, 2011. Currently, we are reviewing the Apps and will declare the results within next 15 days time. And yes, the contest will be announced in the October, Special issue.

Cheers!

Why didn't digit officially announced the extensions of last date, considering that it was extended to 15 days more.... (I checked Terms & conditions page, it had nothing) :neutral:

OP
S

shauvik

Team Digit
Abhishek,

As mentioned before, the contest was extended only for a few selected participants who had written to us before 15th August that they are in the process of creating the Apps and needed extension to get this done. So, it was officially open for only those people who had contacted us on chrome AT thinkdigit.com id on or before 15th August requesting for special extension. Also, note that we did not allow extension to everybody. Only the serious ones were given this liberty! :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well @shauvik I request digit to hold some non developer competitions as well. Some thing better than a lottery or a lucky draw.
Would love a gaming competition :D
Just make sure if a gaming tournament is held make it a online tournament :)

hari1

In the zone
Who is the winner of the chrome challenge contest??:?:
:shock:Why have not Digit still announced the results??
It's first of October and still there is no names of the winners on your website.
WHY??:sad:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@hari1

The results have been given in the October issue of Digit. I havent yet got it but when I get it I will post it here :)

cormar

Right off the assembly line
guys...i have digit october copy in my hands...

wil let you know the results very shortly..

cheerss..:p:p:p:p

ok..here we go...

before publishing results, two things to be noticed..:oops:

digit has published the photographs of winners..:razz: so i guess winners know, they are the ones...:idea:

secondly, digit says, Congratulations to the lucky winners!..so was there any lucky draw involved?? this is harsh..i feel, coz, winners must have had been selected based on pure quality of the apps.

whatever, here it is..

5 Samsung tabs goes to

Astro-Vision Futuretech Pvt Ltd., Kochi
Hindu Calendar

Manish Revappa Chiniwalar, Belgaum
MindMapr

Qveda Interactive Design, Mumbai
Gully Cricket

Himanshu Shringarpure, Bengaluru
Wonder of India Puzzle

Harshit Jain, Fatehabad
TellMeFilms

they also gave away consolation prizes to two participants..

Rajasekharan R, Bengaluru
My Rupee Tracker

Ranjan Kumar, Pune
New You Like, Favourite Bollywood Tweets

Hearty Congratulations to the Winners!!!:p:p:p

obhumika

"News you like" by Ranjan Kumar, Pune which won the consolation prize and officially declared to be at
*chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lkmdkdpokgpelkfobcdlnpnihbjaipen

was uploaded to Chrome store on as early as 11th dec 2010 at *chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mhhfpkohhndikjdifdgdeckmlgpohkoo

so... republishing an app was okay with organizers, or they did not investigate?

cormar

"News you like" by Ranjan Kumar, Pune which won the consolation prize and officially declared to be at
*chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lkmdkdpokgpelkfobcdlnpnihbjaipen

was uploaded to Chrome store on as early as 11th dec 2010 at *chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mhhfpkohhndikjdifdgdeckmlgpohkoo

so... republishing an app was okay with organizers, or they did not investigate?

good observation. i second you. i have noticed a few things.

The first app, 'Hindu Calendar' is developed by a software company. This company is already specialized in making those religious softwares. So they can afford to load in those 'tons of data' overnight. could an individual do this??

To me 'Mindmapr' was the pick. No of users, weekly installs, and comments speaks for itself. unbelievable numbers.. one of my app had 3147 users.

obhumika

Mindmapr is truely a winner app... "Hindu Calendar" that is finding place above it is not a true chrome app but just a redirection to url Astro-Vision Hindu Calendar which has nothing to do with chrome and shows and functions similar even on firefox... none of chrome web app features is used in making of this app... Were websites like this counted as Chrome web app?

Gully cricket is also just a redirection to url Gully Cricket - Cricket is tougher on the street - Qveda Interactive Design .... runs on firefox as well...

Wonders of India Puzzle was a good app if the developer's name was Christian Effenberger which isn't... the entire app revolves around jigsaw puzzle which is developed over snapfit.js 1.5 (25-Jul-2011) (c) by Christian Effenberger... the person who claims to develop Wonders of India Puzzle has done nothing but use this library and added photographs of prominent places of india...

TellMeFilms... seems to be just static offline site pages and will update when the app owner updates his app with next month's film releases... nothing magical in it...

Can't a tech magazine like digit find this all out before declaring results...

Feeling sad for people who were left out due to these...

cormar

i share the same feeling of obhumika. if an app does nothing but re-directing to another page, how can this be termed as a 'chrome app'?? as mentioned, if it has the same functionality even in 'firefox', i dont know what they suggested by they only accepting apps..(not themes..which is only a static page??!!:p)

i dont know what criteria they used? is it based on number of users or 'plus-one's?

or seriously, have they employed any sort of 'lucky draw' stuffs...

it would be nice if the admin share us something..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom