Panasonic Lumix FZ200 Announced 4 hours back :-)

magychip

Broken In
hi dears..
highly expected, successor of fz150s arrival count down starts now..
maintain its zoom range 24x,RAW format
but
new full range aperture F2.8 at 600mm.
540 pics - battery life
1,312,000-dot equivalent high resolution
HDR
Panorama

but little variance from fz150...
but about price expecting Rs30,000 mrp(not sure)

if anyone knows any key differences between fz150 and new fz200 pls
share here...

News - Latest News - Panasonic LUMIX FZ200 ? pushing the boundaries of high-speed super-zoom photography - Panasonic UK & Ireland

Panasonic Introduces The LUMIX FZ200, A New Super-Zoom Digital Camera With Full Range F2.8 Aperture And 24x Optical Zoom - Business Review India

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Launching price GBP 499. i.e., INR 40k+

How many of your jaws dropped down to the floor? :D

FZ150 was available in Indian market long after it's launching... So I guess, it will take another six months are so to get this in our market...

aadi007

Journeyman
Frankly, I do not see much differences with the FZ150 for it to have such a high price?
Can anybody explain to me what are the major differences - other than a high resolution LCD and some minor updates here and there? 20K just for this?

EDIT: Understood the main highlight is the constant aperture throughout the zoom range which is incredible. Also, the MOS sensor is a new one. So, the combination of these 2 should give the best ever image quality in a superzoom.
Also, understood that the LCD has not been changed. Instead, we have a high resolution EVF with the ability to view the full image which is a great addition.

Overall, Panasonic has taken the game to the next level with this camera. But the bad part is that it will be priced above 30K for sure.
Time to look for some good deals for FZ150 :)

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
You don't see :shock:

giving f/2.8 throughout the focal range is a big thing I guess. Which I have never seen/heard before...

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
You don't see :shock:

giving f/2.8 throughout the focal range is a big thing I guess. Which I have never seen/heard before...
@Aadi
This is the big deal ;-)

Was reading the previews from Panasonic feeds. Really, this completely changes the game for super zooms.

But looking at the expected pricing, one can get a DSLR, no point in getting fz200 at that price.

rider

as Kratos
It great deal if it launches under 30k INR.

Is there any chance of price drop of old FZ150?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Time to look for some good deals for FZ150 :)

Yeah I would do the same, if I am looking for a bridge camera.

Just techradar has quoted that price. I haven't seen anyone quoting any price for this beast.

Fuji X-S1 is not giving such thing (f/2.8, 25-600) but still priced 50k+ and it holds best expert ratings (average) for any compact camera.

rider

as Kratos
Make it correct it has the same 460k dot screen of FZ150 but now comes with high resolution viewfinder of 1,312,000 dot.

Pana also launched a LUMIX FZ60 model the successor of FZ47 with 16MP CMOS sensor.

aadi007

Journeyman
Guyz,
Its really a big deal! That's why I had edited my earlier post. :)
Pany has taken the game to the next level with this camera.

Dpreview says a price of 600$ approx.
Waiting for some reviews.

rider

as Kratos
FZ60 is great camera with CMOS sensor would launch around 25k bucks
Panasonic DMC-FZ60 Lumix Super-Zoom Digital Camera Announced

aadi007

Journeyman
FZ60 is great camera with CMOS sensor would launch around 25k bucks
Panasonic DMC-FZ60 Lumix Super-Zoom Digital Camera Announced

Can you tell me why should someone opt for the FZ60 when the FZ150 is available at a lower price?
In wihch way, FZ60 is better than FZ150?
On the flip side, FZ150 comes with RAW, hotshoe, 1080 60p videos and probably better image quality and less noise (given the higher MP count on the FZ60)

I don't quite understand Pany's stratgey!

About the FZ200, I am little disappointed to see the same tiny sensor which will make any improvement in image quality and noise levels almost impossible. Hope the color reproduction/white balance is better in the FZ200.

I don't quite understand one thing -
The bridge cameras(FZ100V,FZ150,SX40) are pretty big compared to the small point and shoot ones (SX240,TZ30,HX10V etc) but both have the same small sensors. Can't the manufacturers provide bugger sensor for the bridge cameras?

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
They want to sell dslr too. If they give APSC Sensor in bridge no one will buy entry level slr cams

Also I think that small sensor allows for small lens due to crop factor. A true 600 mm lens ... so long that fitted on fz 200 it will function as a 3000mm lens :p

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Can you tell me why should someone opt for the FZ60 when the FZ150 is available at a lower price?
On the flip side, FZ150 comes with RAW, hotshoe, 1080 60p videos and probably better image quality and less noise (given the higher MP count on the FZ60)

About the FZ200, I am little disappointed to see the same tiny sensor which will make any improvement in image quality and noise levels almost impossible. Hope the color reproduction/white balance is better in the FZ200.

The bridge cameras(FZ100V,FZ150,SX40) are pretty big compared to the small point and shoot ones (SX240,TZ30,HX10V etc) but both have the same small sensors. Can't the manufacturers provide bugger sensor for the bridge cameras?

Why FZ60?

Soon after (not actually soon) launching FZ200, they will discontinue FZ150 and there comes FZ60 to fill that 20/25k bridge camera gap left by FZ150.

+ We will have control over exposure in video mode. (I don't know whether this is available in FZ150 or any other cameras under 25/30k).

Yes, it actually lacks a lot when comparing with FZ150. Guess, it will be priced much less than FZ150.

And there is a bridge camera (Fuji X-S1) with bigger sensor, just costs 50 grand.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^
Thanks Harsha...

Then there should be no comparison with FZ150. FZ200 will be in a different league. After FZ150 exits, FZ60 has to fight real hard for it's place against HX200 and SX50 ;) (successor of SX40)

OP
M

magychip

Broken In
my dear.. will anyone explain what is the full range aperture f2.8 for 600mm?
what is this speciality in fz200 apart from fz150 or others?
i planning to buy this fz XXX or sx XX
Waited long for new launch to purchase my first digital cam

rider

as Kratos

It's a brand new model with more features like panorama, HDR etc.
FZ150 would be discontinue in few days, so it is the great choice under 25k.

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
If you wanna buy the just announced product from Panasonic, it will take roughly 5 or 6 months to get in our market. Are you OK with waiting that long? Rockstar can ;), can you???

Generally when we zoom in, f. no. go smaller (as focal length increases, aperture size will decrease). But this FZ200 stay at f/2.8 even at full zoom i.e., 600mm. That mean aperture is wide open and there will be more light. This helps you to use low ISO, faster shutter speed.....

Do you guys see, my TDF main screen getting slimmer than Kareena Kapoor's waist... ;) Tooo many ads on both the left and right side of the screen.

Top Bottom