palit HD4850?safe bet or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes you can go for that gfx card. Rest assured. Thats a very good card. Many members in here are using it.

sam1989

Broken In
go for PALIT HD 4850 512 MB SONIC EDITION
purchased it recently at 12k
go for sonic edition only as normal one has some heating problems

supercow

The New ASSASIN!
The standard version doesn't have any heating problems, because palit ships with their custom cooler on all their cards nowadays, they don't come with stock cooler anymore, also the difference between a standard and sonic edition is 3k and thats a pretty huge difference for the performance it offers.

RMN

In the zone
@supercow
hey when i bought my SONIC ver 3months back,it was only 1k costlier than the normal version!?
have the prices gone up now?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Sonic version of 4850 is 11k whereas standard ones are for 8.8k in prime abgb, Mumbai. So the prices have gone up in certain items. Not suprising since they increased vx450's price as well.

sagar_coolx

Journeyman
its not just the overclock...the sonic version has a better custom cooler by palit, due to which heat problems of the card can be avoided..
personally, i thinkk 2.5k more for sonic is unacceptable

supercow

The New ASSASIN!
so can we buy the normal palit HD4850 and OC it & do some our own cooling <-any Ideas! abt what can be done
I think yes, but still I personally haven't overclocked it. But, there's no doubt that it runs at much lower temperatures than those with stock coolers, so you can overclock it :)

@supercow
hey when i bought my SONIC ver 3months back,it was only 1k costlier than the normal version!?
have the prices gone up now?
Yep, the price difference is much higher now :neutral: , and if anyone still mad at a sonic version then buy one that comes with 1gb ram from palit. check out their site for details . . . :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom