Overclocking

gupta.mohit

Right off the assembly line
I have intel pentium 4(2.66GHz),512Mb Ram,64kb cache can it be overclocked?if yes then pls provide me details of limits if not then provide me upgradation option and please give me details of how much RAM can be supported by it(a P4 intel machine) .if possible then pls giv me details on gupta.mohitkumar@gmail.com. Thank you

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I have intel pentium 4(2.66GHz),512Mb Ram,64kb cache can it be overclocked?if yes then pls provide me details of limits if not then provide me upgradation option and please give me details of how much RAM can be supported by it(a P4 intel machine) .if possible then pls giv me details on gupta.mohitkumar@gmail.com. Thank you

it can be OC'd but it'll yield nothing. its too slow. you can OC it to 3.4Ghz at stock cooler. best suggestion is to upgrade your PC.

ajai5777

Youngling
please give me details of how much RAM can be supported by it(a P4 intel machine)

I have seen motherboards for p4 having 4 DDR slots.That means 4GB DDR.
it can be OC'd but it'll yield nothing. its too slow. you can OC it to 3.4Ghz at stock cooler. best suggestion is to upgrade your PC.

Are you sure Sam..?

p4's tend to heat up a lot.Even my p4 3ghz refused to touch 3.3Ghz.Then how will a p4 2.66 reach 3.4..?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
The P4 can be OC'ed, but will take a lot of vCore (efficiency) and a generate a lot more heat (bad case thermals). It highly depends also which board is being used.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I have seen motherboards for p4 having 4 DDR slots.That means 4GB DDR.

thats total waste. 4Gb of extremely slow memory coupled to a very slow & now ancient processor. those 4Gb memory + mobo will cost ~10k (1Gb DDR cost around 2k)

Are you sure Sam..?

p4's tend to heat up a lot.Even my p4 3ghz refused to touch 3.3Ghz.Then how will a p4 2.66 reach 3.4..?

should. well it differs from processor to processor. your X4 630 runs stable @ 3.4Ghz, stock. some refuse to go past 3.2Ghz. some even went past 4.6Ghz stable.

ajai5777

Youngling
Can I touch 4Ghz with hyper TX3..? I wont go for costly coolers.I have read somewhere that someone touched 4Ghz with TX3.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
No one can answer that for you. You will need to try it yourself, slowing raising speeds, and vCore (be careful), monitoring temperatures, and running stress tests..>!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Can I touch 4Ghz with hyper TX3..? I wont go for costly coolers.I have read somewhere that someone touched 4Ghz with TX3.

4Ghz on a Athlon II X4 will be hard. but ajai, do keep one thing in mind, AMDs architecture isn't as efficient as Intel. so Athlon II X4 @ 3.5Ghz will yield same performance as in 3.8Ghz. main reason: to take advantage of extra speed you need a good companion (L3 cache) which missing in the Athlon II series. you can go upto 3.8Ghz. but don't expect any ground breaking performance. i'll suggest, keep the speed as it is for now :)

Top Bottom