Overclocking phenom ii*4 955....

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
Hey guys, seeing so many people tweaking their cpus, i am thinking of overclocking my 1 month old proccy and gpu(msi-790gx).... but the problem is i dont have an oem hsf and nor do i have the required VITAMINE-M to get a good one like cooler master hyper n520(i recently brought nokia 5230 with whatever bucks i had:-D)....

i am pressurizing on oem hsf cauz my proccy runs at 42'C-44"C(idle) and shoots upto 52"C at full load.... my room temp is around 35'C and i dont have an AC in my room....

so guys, pour in some suggestions for me....

how far can i take my proccy at default stock voltage in the present scenario????

//offtopic//

fu)k these summers <:(

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
note these:

CPU:
1. don't touch voltage.
2. if temperature a bit too high, buy some arctic silver or CM nano & apply (they comes a lot in the tube, keep for latter use. i mean the IGP).
3. keep the side panel of your cabinet open if u don't have sufficient fan to suck air in & throw it out. or say u got bad fans.
4. now OC. you already OC to 3.5Ghz or so, seen in another thread. nice only.

IGP:
1. can u tell what sideport memory u got in your mobo? this will help determine if memory OC'ble too.
2. same here too. don't touch voltage. its not too risky but will surely generate a lot of heat.
3. if your motherboard got a heatpipe connecting NorthBridge to MOSFET heatsink, you can achieve close to 900Mhz OC.
4. sideport memory runs at 1333Mhz (default in 785G & 790GX board) & should be OC'ble to 1500Mhz. & have you brought yourself the Asus M4A785GTD-M EVO, you could have OC the memory past 2000Mhz. yes u read right. i read a review where the 785GTD-V sideport was OC to 1600Mh. however its smaller brother sideport went all the way to 2000Mhz (after voltage incrementation).
5. if u brought yourself the thermal paste, open up the IGP's heatsink & apply a little bit. giving you 50-100Mhz more OC potential or on other hand lower temperature by 5degree.

rajan1311

Padawan
Its not worth risking OCing the IGP, the real gains are far too less, chances of messing are high.

here are a few tips for keeping your system cool, hope they help:
ways to keep your system cool

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
final results-

cpu frequency- 900*4=3.6 ghz
highest temp reached-62'C
least temp-44'C

what multiplier you set the proccy at?

a few suggestion:

1. pull the Vcore to 1.3V or maybe less. but for now keep at 1.3V & than try OC to 3.6Ghz. you should achieve 3.5Ghz stable. & than look at temperature. max should go down to 5*degree. as long as your proccy in 5*degree, its completely safe. also you may do 1 trick. in Overdrive create 2 profile. 1. Performance. 2. Powersaver.

1. save the profile with the OC settings.
2. bring proccy back to stock voltage or maybe to 2.5Ghz & lover Vcore to 1V or so. switch profile when u need performance & when u need save power (nighttime downloads)

OP
rahul.007

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
hehe sorry my mistake.... :)....
mom mujh pe chilla rahee thi aur dhamki de rahi thi ups off karne ki.... :-D
jaldi baazi main mistake ho gayee.... :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom