Over-Heating, the enjoyment killer!!!

pratyush997

Inactive
My brother used to put icepacks under his laptop.. It sure did the trick but reduced the lifetime
Humidity in there will increase resulting in oxidation (maybe) of components => Murdering the lappy :D

okay.. Mine goes through a shut down after it reaches >90C to prevent its circuit...

This is the message i get when i restart my computer after the thermal shutdown...

View attachment 10838View attachment 10839
Re apply Thermal paste, BTW 3rd Gen intel cpu can handle temps upto 105C.

Last edited:
OP
ShankJ

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
Your CPU will get less power and hence will generate less heat.

But wouldnt that effect the gaming and the normal working??

Is it only due to dust??Or does it happen also when laptop has just been cleaned.>>??

It happens in every 15 days... I have been using a local fan as well but its not helping...

That is why I asked to create a separate power profile. Switching is very easy

Whats the point of switching if i use the standard power plan while gaming, it'l still face thermal shutdown..

OP
ShankJ

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
the problem is i'm facing thermal shutdown while using "High Performance" mode...

I'm going to lodge a complaint with hp once again..

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
^^ Talk to them in a very strict still disappointed tone...Tell them that overheating is a consistent issue with your laptop and ask them to look into their database for the number of times you have complained regarding the same issue. My room mate had a very lasting overheating issue with his g6 1301tx where no amount of heatsink replacement/mobo replacement/tim replacement etc would solve the issue.He finally got a new laptop from HP--g6 2104tx!!And this incident is about four months old.

OP
ShankJ

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
^^ Talk to them in a very strict still disappointed tone...Tell them that overheating is a consistent issue with your laptop and ask them to look into their database for the number of times you have complained regarding the same issue. My room mate had a very lasting overheating issue with his g6 1301tx where no amount of heatsink replacement/mobo replacement/tim replacement etc would solve the issue.He finally got a new laptop from HP--g6 2104tx!!And this incident is about four months old.

But the new laptop thing is only if you complaint within 15 days of buying..

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Not so......there r numerous other times when laptois exchanged for a new one.People dont know it because its very uncommon.

Top Bottom