Over-Heating, the enjoyment killer!!!

OP
ShankJ

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
The customer care representative would visit on monday most probably, so i'l update then..

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
^^ Atleast not for me.........never faced a glith or the slightest objection froom them while dealing with them,and by the way,I'm about to complete my 2nd year warranty as well,with two more years remaining.
What was wrong in ur case bro??

OP
ShankJ

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
^^ Atleast not for me.........never faced a glith or the slightest objection froom them while dealing with them,and by the way,I'm about to complete my 2nd year warranty as well,with two more years remaining.
What was wrong in ur case bro??

You have a 4-year warranty???

Gollum

Collector
I own a hp pavilion dv4-5009tx laptop.. I have been facing overheating issues from the last one year now.. Everytime the service center people replace the fan and sink and it works fine for 1 month and then starts facing "thermal shutdowns" when i play any heavy game like Far Cry 3, BO2 etc.. i have already got my laptop sync replaced 5 times and dusted 3 times in the last one year..:banghead::banghead:

Its very frustrating because i'm unable to see a way out of it.. I have the latest graphic drivers installed, power supply connected and vents having no obstruction in front of them..

Show me a way out of it..:nosy:

where do you keep the laptop while playing?
I don't think the dv4 heatsink is made for hostile Indian temperatures.

OP
ShankJ

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
where do you keep the laptop while playing?
I don't think the dv4 heatsink is made for hostile Indian temperatures.

Only on the study table and never on the bed.. I even see to it that there is no obstruction in front of the vents..

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Hows that possible?? We just get 3 years maximum warranty these days..

Exactly,these days its maxm 3 yrs.
There was some scheme running on for complete cover. I paid 9.3k for comprehensive 4yr warranty(1+3) which included ADP for the entire period.That offer was launched in Durga Puja Time of 2k11 and continued upto Diwali.

Gollum

Collector
Exactly,these days its maxm 3 yrs.
There was some scheme running on for complete cover. I paid 9.3k for comprehensive 4yr warranty(1+3) which included ADP for the entire period.That offer was launched in Durga Puja Time of 2k11 and continued upto Diwali.

did you know, the ac adapter is only covered for as long as your base warranty lasts. that's just 1yr in your case.
your PC also has only 1 yr warranty for the battery as it not covered by the extended warranty.
ADP only covers one major accident a year, second event in the same year is a paid service lol

Gollum

Collector
I understand about the battery, but IMO the ac adapter should be covered in the extended warranty.

Top Bottom