OVER-CLOCKING AMD X4 630 and ASUS IGP HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

happy20b

Journeyman
Dear all

I am planing to overclock my proc and IGP of my desktop which i bought around 6 weeks back. My pc config is as follows.

AMD A II X4 630
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
CM ELITE 310 --> planning to add 2 fans next weekend
FSP SAGA II 400W
WD BLUE 500GB
TRANSEND 2GB DDR3 --> planing 2 buy 2GB next weekend
HP DVD
APC 550V
ALTEC LANSING BXR1221
DELL ST2210 --> planing to buy next weekend
STOCK HSF

I want to overclock both IGP(HD4200) and my PROC at stock voltage and stock HSF but I am planing to mount 2 extra 120mm fans to my cm elite 310 (one default 120mm fan is already mounted at back panel).

In CM elite 310 i have 3 places left to mount fans( 2 at side panel and 1 at front panel). Now my question is if i buy 2 new fans, for better overclocking where should i mount them and in which mode (exhaust or intake). And also can some one suggest me some descent fans.

Now coming to the over-clock part , I want to do it in bios by changing FSB only , I dont want to set/increase other settings like ram or voltage or NB etc ( ryt now everything is set to auto).

I have never overclocked my system before and this is a new PC, thats why i want some one to suggest a novice procedure which will get me decent overclock and wont harm my PC :)

Regards

ajai5777

Youngling
Why do you want to overclock your brand new config?
What can you get from overclocking 4200?
The proccy isnt obsolete till now.Overclocking voids warranty.Its a thing to be done when your proccy and Gcard is outdated and to suck some more juice from it.Getting an Athlon II X4 and overclocking it is a bad idea when phenom II X2 available for the same price range and which can be unlocked to X4 with ease.

OP
happy20b

happy20b

Journeyman
I agree with you ppl .. But i had decided to overclock my PC before buying itself .. and i bought this config with digit forum members suggestion only. And thats why i mentioned that i dont wan to play with voltage or ram speed settings..

Anyways any suggestions for FANS ?

ajai5777

Youngling
But i had decided to overclock my PC before buying itself ..

Why do you want to overclock your PC..?
Only for the sake of it..?
Or to get a powerful PC by spending less?

Actually the only option to get a powerful PC is to buy it.Or you should have tried at least unlockable proccy's like a phenom X2.

Even the Core unlocking is not a safe thing.The unlocked cores may be overheated or may experience any stability issues.Its always a gamble.

Athlon II X4 630 is already factory overclocked and it may reach 3.25Ghz in Stock.But it cant be compared to a phenom II X4. 6MB L3 cache can be unlocked in some X4 630 but the possibilty is only 1 or 2 %

No comments about overclocking HD 4200 :p

The best option is to use your X4 630 till it gets obsolete and then overclock it( but i wont consider that thing I'll sell it to buy a better proccy)

Just add a good graphic card to that rig rather than overclocking IGP.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I agree with you ppl .. But i had decided to overclock my PC before buying itself .. and i bought this config with digit forum members suggestion only. And thats why i mentioned that i dont wan to play with voltage or ram speed settings..

Anyways any suggestions for FANS ?

well bro u not need OC the proccy just yet. u can try OC the proccy to 3Ghz, till where it runs cool.

for fan normal fan can be used. the 450 bucks CM fans. for HD4200OC, use GPU nos. don't increase voltage. try increase the IGP speed to 800Mhz, straight. Ram speed to 1500Mhz. thats safe limit. after that the IGP will need additional cooling (extra fans).

Even the Core unlocking is not a safe thing.The unlocked cores may be overheated or may experience any stability issues.Its always a gamble.

where the hack u got such a odd info. its not a gamble at all & it won't overheat a lot. yes it heats up (2 extra cores generating heat) but not that it'll damage the proccy. i not agree with it at all.

Athlon II X4 630 is already factory overclocked and it may reach 3.25Ghz in Stock.But it cant be compared to a phenom II X4. 6MB L3 cache can be unlocked in some X4 630 but the possibilty is only 1 or 2 %

very much true. the 630 is already 200Mhz OC & got headroom to OC upto 3Ghz safe (cause stock cooler no where near Phenom II BE's). after that it'll start heatup like Phenoms.

ajai5777

Youngling
where the hack u got such a odd info. its not a gamble at all & it won't overheat a lot. yes it heats up (2 extra cores generating heat) but not that it'll damage the proccy. i not agree with it at all.

There is not a safe guarantee when you unlock the cores.The reason for this is that the disabled cores are turned off for a reason: they failed factory tests. Cores can fail for any number of reasons, including defects in the silicon, problems running at full frequency, or a bug introduced during manufacturing.When you unlock the disabled cores, they will run at full processor frequency, since you cannot run each core at different speeds. While you may see initial gains and benefits from turning a dual-core CPU into a quad-core CPU, you may introduce instability into your system.

We cant expect our Proccy has 2 perfect cores disabled.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
There is not a safe guarantee when you unlock the cores.The reason for this is that the disabled cores are turned off for a reason: they failed factory tests. Cores can fail for any number of reasons, including defects in the silicon, problems running at full frequency, or a bug introduced during manufacturing.When you unlock the disabled cores, they will run at full processor frequency, since you cannot run each core at different speeds. While you may see initial gains and benefits from turning a dual-core CPU into a quad-core CPU, you may introduce instability into your system.

We cant expect our Proccy has 2 perfect cores disabled.

what u told is right. but if instability is encountered, user can simply turn off ACC & the proccy will go back to where it is. an X2 or maybe X3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom