Orkut vs Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
I use both orkut and facebook, but I like facebook more than orkut because:
1. Orkut allows special characters in FName and LName, so it is very tough to know who is the person in your friend list. This is not possible in facebook.
2. Orkut has the OpenSocial applications like Facebook, but its less, you can't autoupdate your status in Orkut using status from twitter or something else, its there in facebook.
3. Orkut has weird groups, even Facebook has them as Fan pages but lesser I think. At least it doesn't come in normal searches.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
the new orkut beta is very slow. BTw i am loving twitter these days more than Fb :)
Twitter is something different....it starts with a bore initially, then becomes hell interesting. I agree with your view. Facebook has some idiotic "Interview" applications which friends keep doing and ... :flu-devil2:

The new Orkut interface IMHO looks ugly, sick, cluttered and clumsy. Hopeless design job.

Back in the days of "old orkut" when facebook didn't have as many cool apps thanks to facebook api, orkut pwned facebook. Today things are different.

Anish

Spectre
Facebook, Orkut, Twitter, Myspace choosing the particular platform depends on one's own personal interest and their perspective of dealing things(some feel facebook a bit complicated and some feel orkut obsolete).

I use facebook a lot of time nowadays and a long time orkut user long back and new to twitter.. never tried myspace and others.

IMO, if you have a large amount of time(Sure you cannot lend it to others:razz:) you are very much encouraged to enter these goddamn websites.

R2K

In the Zone
I was never interested in social networking sites until i came to know that even my dad and my 45 year old elder cousin bro who got almost zero knowledge and interest in computers and tech have started making friends in facebook....:grin:
i was like WTF....u gotta be fu**ing kidding me when they asked "you don't have a facebook page?"..:grin::lol:...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom