Orkut Blocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

er_gurpreet

Broken In
Dear All
In our office, orkut has been blocked as some people were found using it extenisvely during work hours. However to the loss of people like me who use it to stay in touch with the world.
Is there any way of bypassing this and reaching Orkut somehow??

GSR

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Welcome to the desert of the real.

Try these :
*62.193.235.46/
*62.193.226.25/
*62.193.236.96/
*62.193.226.74/
*62.193.236.100/
*62.193.245.234/
*62.193.240.162/

Use them till they are blocked too .. :( ..

Then you'll join my club.

OP
E

er_gurpreet

Broken In
it seems kproxy has been blocked too..any other proxy that can be used....something that IT dept might not be aware of now..

mediator

Technomancer
No the proxies wont work if the netowrk admins are smart! I know this coz I have experienced it. See the simple concept is.....What will u do if the gateway itself filters the connections and only allows specific sites to open up ?
I have experienced this. The only thing u can do is find a proxy in ur company that allows u to bypass the gateway i.e filter! Its not difficult but many of ur comapny members must be knowing a proxy.

Ur answer is ........Try a little Social Enginering and find that hidden proxy in ur company!

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
^^
Yes, true. I saw one such N/W admin here at Digit itself. Lol he says all the employees in his company hate him. :D

Btw, I hate Orkut. I can't imagine how ppl waste time there. :p

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
er_gurpreet said:
Dear All
In our office, orkut has been blocked as some people were found using it extenisvely during work hours. However to the loss of people like me who use it to stay in touch with the world.
Is there any way of bypassing this and reaching Orkut somehow??

GSR

Its gud that orkut has been blockd ;) ..U save ur precious amount of time and finally end up doing some really helpful job:p

sakumar79

Technomancer
Just a question on the ethics of helping the post owner by providing proxy links... Are you not aiding something that is in effect illegal (or atleast unethical) in terms of the office policies. As far as the policies of the office goes, if you access orkut despite their telling you that you should not, you are inviting getting yourself fired. While this is not a universal policy, we should not be encouraging a behaviour to do something wrong.

Browsing on orkut is counterproductive to office productivity, which is why companies impose these rules. We should be telling the post owner to browse orkut at home, or at a browsing center during off-hours and not during office hours.

Moderators, I would like your comments on the ethicality of providing these solutions in this forum...

Arun

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
sakumar79 -
What if I don't mention that want access to Orkut? We have many people asking support for torrents/p2p related things. We all know what they download (atleast 96% of them). IMO, it's question of ethics. Why would ppl want to access Orkut? Maybe de-stress themselves. Most of them have (IMHMFO) have lame-A55 jobs.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Ethicality has become such a grey area in these modern ages. I guess if we went into a debate on the topic, it would go on. And since it is a grey area, it will not be possible to identify just where to draw the line...

I guess, in that sense, people can reply to the forum on this topic... Sorry for butting in...

Arun

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
sakumar, in my office they've blocked Gmail and Yahoo too .. I use Gmail as my default mail address and most of my communication comes on it. Now because of this stupid policy I cant access my mail. So should I goto cyber cafe daily and check my mail or just use a proxy to check my mail. This isnt going to affect my productivity I assure you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom