Oracle Installation in Win XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitesh

Right off the assembly line
I am installing Oracle in Win XP But it is not working after installing it properly,
Is there any additional setting to made for Oracle 8 in Win Xp
:(

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Oracle 8i has two releases , 1 for win 98 and other for 1 win nt
The win nt release installs easily on win xp but after u restart oracle will be lost as it gives an error oracle not found.
Oracle 9i is very heavy and it runs well but your system will get slow.
Oracle 8 personal edition is the best and no additional files are required. just give the installation path and nothing else.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
casanova,

Oracle 8i installs on windows XP and works fine without any issues. No idea what ur talking about. As for the system being slow, mate your installing a database so obviously its going to be slow. The versions of Oracle one installs doesnt really matter. You should have atleast 512MB RAM if your going to install a database.

The only difference between personal Oracle 8 and the enterprise version is that I can create only one instance of the database in personal Oracle 8. Apart from that nothing more.

Mitesh,

Could you please be more specific as to what you problem is ? I have installed de-installed Oracle loads of times on different OS'es. Provide as much details as possible please as to what problems you face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom