Oracle 9i ..Urgent help needed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

goblin258963

Right off the assembly line
Can oracle 9i server and client be installed on the same computer/PC ?

I want to work on Oracle9i , but the problem is that I'm having a single PC. Can oracle 9i Database Server and Client can be installed on the same PC? It does, but none of them work ; when I installed the Client then during the installation it asked about the Host IP address; from where can I get that. Please help me out.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
goblin258963 said:

I want to work on Oracle9i , but the problem is that I'm having a single PC. Can oracle 9i Database Server and Client can be installed on the same PC? It does, but none of them work ; when I installed the Client then during the installation it asked about the Host IP address; from where can I get that. Please help me out.

If you have a reasonably equipped PC (256 MB RAM, 15 GB disk space free, Windows 2000 or XP Professional OS), you can run both a server instance and the client tools on the same machine.

47shailesh

Security Exp
No need to run client and server on single mc....Unless ur a DBA or handling clients(2 or more PC)

and do refer to *www.ds.uillinois.edu/Docs/HowTo_Oracle_Install9i.doc
for ease on how to install a client...

and report back if problem persists... ;)

DukeNukem

Come get Some
goblin258963 said:

buddy you DO NOT NEED the client soft if you install the server on your pc.
CLIENTS are installed on the remote PC's (the one who need to connect to the main server on which the oracle server is installed)

so DO NOT WORRY about installing the client on the same PC.

just use the SQLPLUS to fill your needs..

47shailesh

Security Exp
BTW y to install server and run unecessary service and increase load on the mc if only cilent installation can do the work....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom