Optimus 2x vs Xperia Arc S

nCyCoD

Gamer..
Hello guys,
I want to buy a new mobile for around 20k.
My requirements are good touch screen,good camera,and 4+ inch screen.

On ebay,
optimus 2x is available for 19k.
Xperia arc for 22k.
Arc s for 24k.

Any suggestions please?

clmlbx

Technomancer
lg optimus 2x is better choice with

Dual core processor
1080 video recording
secondary camera 1.3MP
8 Gb internal storage
4.0 inch screen

Sarath

iDota
Remove xperia arc from the list. The arc s is what I would pic just for the looks and no more lag like the older model.

On paper however LG looks good but o suggest you have a look at both before buying.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
LG O2X got excellent specs but check if Android 2.3 updates fixes the software. else if you are ready to load a custom rom, go for it eye closed. it should get Android 4.0 update soon (Q1 2012) from CyanogenMod & official update later (by Q3-Q4 2012).

Arc S if you want a good camera & even better looks under 25k.

OP
nCyCoD

nCyCoD

Gamer..
I like xperia arc s very much..because of looks..
I hate UI of Optimus 2x...only because of dual core ..I am thinking about it:.

sujoyp

Grand Master
If u by chance compare both in hand and forget spec I am sure u will take Arc S :D

Its beautiful....

LG 2x only if u could load custom ROMs

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I hate UI of Optimus 2x...only because of dual core ..I am thinking about it:.

if you are ready to game, Tegra2 will help but LG choose T2 chipset packing only half a gig ram. this is no way less but still ~768Mb is the standard (or 1Gb in some).

hate LG UI? you can always select a custom launcher from market.

rhlravi

Broken In
UI problem: Fixed using launcher

Bugs: Mostly fixed in Gingerbread update

Both of the above can be fixed by flashing custom ROMs.
In short, problems in the O2x are software-related and hence solvable.
On the other hand, Arc S's single core processor and no 1080p video recording, no front cam, and meager internal memory can never be fixed. Plus, it is not future proof (due to single core processor). Avoid it for such a large price.

OP
nCyCoD

nCyCoD

Gamer..
720p recording is enough for me..and no need for front camera..
Even with gingerbread update there is random reboot problem,Some say it is more sluggish than it was on froyo..
I think I wont be loading custom roms...

I am going to keep this mobile for atleast for 2-3 years..

You may think I am biased towards arc S..maybe I am.

Rohan_B

Journeyman
You can also consider the Galaxy R.
Dual Core, good screen , good looks.
Price just dropped down to Rs 22,900.

Flipkart.com: Samsung Galaxy R I9103: Mobile

Sarath

iDota
Bro it's xperia arc S. Its a no brainer.

If you go to xda you'll see a lot of support for the device too.

Sarath

iDota
If you are ditching it then the reason better be Samsung Galaxy S2, nexus prime or the moto razr droid

All 30k around

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
UI problem: Fixed using launcher

Bugs: Mostly fixed in Gingerbread update

Both of the above can be fixed by flashing custom ROMs.
In short, problems in the O2x are software-related and hence solvable.
On the other hand, Arc S's single core processor and no 1080p video recording, no front cam, and meager internal memory can never be fixed. Plus, it is not future proof (due to single core processor). Avoid it for such a large price.

SE Arc S has 320 MB internal memory.

LG Optimus 2X boasts of 8 GB internal memory. I wonder how much of that is available for Apps.

I also have to advice a friend tomorrow so that he can choose between
1. Samsung Galaxy R
2. SE Xperia S
3. HTC Incredible S
4. LG Optimus 2X

I think the first option is good. Will have to research about that phone tonight...

Anyone has info that can help, please share...

Cheers!

ujjwal321

Journeyman
all of the phones you mentioned are great.. if u are in love with the arc s look go with it.. even though it is a single core phone the software is more stable, camera and screen is great.. u won't have any problem with the usability... except for its low internal memory.. which can be a problem if u want to install a lot of apps and with the quality of apps increasing its size will also increase.. but apart from that it is a great phone..
having said that if u can live with the looks of optimus 2 u should go with it.. dual core is the future.. but my only concern about that phone is its 512mb RAM which is not suffecient for a high end device.. I have a atrix 4g and my sister has a galaxy s and multitasking is not all that good in galaxy s due to its low ram.. if I get a call while browsing, the pages have to reload once I end the call.. which is irritating.. All high end androids should come with at least 700mb of RAM..

Top Bottom