optical media on flights

Status
Not open for further replies.

manasgta

Broken In
i have a huge music and movie collection that i have burnt on DVDs.I have to go to mangalore from delhi via flight.Would i be allowed to take them with me on the plane and also would they be damaged during the x-ray scanning?

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Airport security X-rays will not damage the DVDs.

There's no logical reason why they should object to carrying DVDs, but you never know. Some ignorant security people just might blindly follow orders not to allow any computer related item, especially as hand baggage. Some post office staff refuse to accept even CDs to be sent by mail.

It will be best if you put the DVDs in your suitcase. They tend to be more wary of electrical and electronic products in hand baggage. Can't really blame them.

Personally, I have carried lots of electronic stuff, including parts, wires, instruments, motherboards, etc packed inside my booked luggage or in separate cartons. When they show up on the scanning screen, sometimes they ask me to open my luggage and explain what they are, sometimes they don't.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
I wouldn't think so. There's no way DVDs can be used to trigger a bomb, especially if they are packed in your booked luggage.

But of course, I cannot speak for the security people. If you're still worried, I suggest you call the airline or the security people themselves and ask.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
It's the luggage (baggage) that you don't keep with you in the plane. You are supposed to keep only one small piece of baggage with you in your seat. You book the rest when you report at the airline's desk and collect your boarding pass, and they will be carried in the cargo bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom