Opera releases new snapshot of 10 Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Opera has released a new snapshot of 10 Alpha. This has given me the opportunity to see its latest feature of (incremental) Auto-update... It seems nice... First, it informed that the new version was available and gave options to automatically download all updates in future... Once the confirmation was given to download the updates, it gave option to minimize to the toolbar... In the status toolbar, it gave a progress bar on the download status and then on coming to 100% ready, it mentioned that the update was ready... Double click allowed me to install update immediately or to update on the next start...

So, looks nice to me as of now... Not sure if the update download supports disconnections but considering the integrated download manager of Opera does, I would presume that it would also be the case here...

Arun

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Hope the new update has gotten rid of the ugly black bars that keep appearing on the screen for some stupid reason.

OP
S

sakumar79

Technomancer
My personal advice is that in this case, dont wait for the beta... The alpha itself is stable and better than 9.6x

Arun

vinayasurya

Journeyman
I too find alpha stable and much better than 10. Hope with final version opera gives other browsers something new to copy.

suniltr77

Broken In
When I run opera Opera 9.63(Windows) after 5 mins PC gets hang up. I was actually using 10 alpha. Due to same problem I switched over to 9.63(only due to the stable version) But the problem remains same. I am forced to switch off PC from UPS.This has been started just 10 days back. I am confused about the phenomena. Nothhing else goes wrong except this in PC. Whether it is OS problem or Opera problem? Can anybody help me?

OP
S

sakumar79

Technomancer
Is this problem only if you have Opera on or do you also see if it you browse using other browsers such as IE or Firefox? If it happens then also, you may have a malware on your system that is using your internet bandwidth...

Arun

OP
S

sakumar79

Technomancer
Uninstall Opera, delete all files in its Application Data folder and in its Program Files folder... Then, reinstall and see if it solves the problem...

Arun

suniltr77

Broken In
Already done that. I have set up files of 9.63, though I actualy using 10beta. Did the method you said while installing the 9.63 version. But I backed up the bookmarks etc.. and copied to the respected folder.
Same type of problem happened 3 yrs back.I was unable to send /forward mails from yahoo within opera but it was possible from any other browser. The problem was that the buttons like send or forward etc were inactive in the page of opera while they were normal in other browser. I could not rectified that. It solved after the format of my comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom