Opera Mini 6 and Opera Mobile 11 Released

leo61611616

Journeyman
Opera Mobile 11 and Opera Mini 6 have had their user interfaces touched up, modernized, and enhanced for use on tablet devices. Both have also added social networking integration for fast sharing of URLs as you browse.

*www.blogcdn.com/downloadsquad.switched.com/media/2011/03/opera-mobile-11.jpg​

Opera Mobile 11 now has a faster Presto rendering engine and improved JavaScript performance, expanded HTML5 support (including the audio and video tags), and the ability to display Adobe Flash content on Android. Haptic response, smoother panning and zooming, session restore, and Web Open Font Format support have also been added.

Opera Mini 6 offers a full mobile browsing experience with tremendous bandwidth savings thanks to Opera's compression kung fu. Pinch-to-zoom support has been added, and Opera Mini can now pass YouTube video links to your device's built-in player. There are also better navigation controls.

Download: Opera Mobile 11 or Opera Mini 6 for your phone or tablet.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
downloaded opera mini 6 on my O1. as fast as the stock android browser. will use both for around a week & test them thoroughly.

OP
leo61611616

leo61611616

Journeyman
Opera Mobile 11 has great support for JavaScript.. tested on Android .. as for the mini version i still love and use opera 4..

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Installed Opera 6 on my Wave, I don't like the browser, same unpolished KS, Page rendering I don't like, no multi touch...back with my great stock browser. Will try the Opera 11 as soon I get the GS II :), hope that would be a nice experience :)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
opera on android doesn't support javascript ... is there a new release for android with JS support
Opera Mobile and Opera Mini are two compeltely different browsers. Which Opera are you talking about?

Opera Mobile is a full fledged desktop-like browser for mobile devices. It will also render and pass Acid 3 test.

Whereas Opera Mini is a trimmed down version which parses every page through Opera's servers and then load them hence saving bandwidth and working faster on congested networks.

Even Opera Mobile can do this. :)

Basically, Opera Mini (imo) is only good for Java fones like my K790i.

Installed Opera 6 on my Wave, I don't like the browser, same unpolished KS, Page rendering I don't like, no multi touch...back with my great stock browser. Will try the Opera 11 as soon I get the GS II :), hope that would be a nice experience :)
Mini is a Java browser (on your fone atleast). No comparison can be made with the stock browser of your fone.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
why don't you try out Opera mobile? :)
sam bro try opera mobile 11 on your o1 and please tell that is it support flash content :)

flash? no. it won't support flash until flash content is rendered in their servers. which is not the case. still will check once.

it have multitouch. it supports pinch to zoom. tried it today.

but it is slower than android browser. till GPRS is fast or you are on WiFi/3G, don't try opera mini.

pauldmps

Banned
^^ That's because you're using the Java version. Unfortunately, there is no native Bada version of Opera Mini, so you'll have to live with it.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Let me clarify a few things.

Opera Mini on ithehappy's fone is running on Java ---> no multitouch.

Opera Mini on Sam's Optimus One is a native Android app ---> multitouch.

flash? no. it won't support flash until flash content is rendered in their servers. which is not the case. still will check once.
Opera Mini won't support flash. Opera Mobile supports flash. Two different browsers and Opera Mobile imho is better than Android's Dolphin browser.

[youtube]ueeAiH3I4DY[/youtube]

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
well ya thanks....actually i was using mini

then i saw in market there is also mobile....but it crashes on heavy pages on galaxy3

Top Bottom