Opera gives slow speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
hello mates
Today i found that OPERA is not giving me exact d/w speed
when i download a s/w from opera browser it shows only 6-7 kBps speed, But to check whats wrong dere I downloaded same s/w with firefox...
and the d.w speed was 10-11 kBps... (it also takes less time. so its clear that its not only showing 10-11 kBps but it gave too that much speed)

Now i wanna know why I am getting this speed difference? does opera reduce the d.w speed? or Firefox enhance d/w speed :D ?

(I am talking abt the inbuilt d.w manager for both browsers)

OP
almighty

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
arrey I'm just wanna know why OPERA gives slow speed in comparison of Firefox
I am not talking abt idm or flasheget or other d.w manager
is dere in way to boost up speed of opera

raptorz

Smitten by Computers..
I have used Opera for more than 4 Year's. It does give great speed improvements compared to other browsers.

Go to your preferences tab > Advanced > Network. Reduce Max connections to server if you have a slow net connection to 4. If you have a very fast connection you can make it 16.

anand1

In the zone
Ya it depends upon the inbuilt Download Manager of the Browser it seems to me. But i have been using both of them and never found such a situation of having slow speed.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Yes. almighty is right. Opera download manager is not so efficient. I indeed tested it many times. The download difference is very considerable.

Results of downloading Spybot S & D from safer-networking server:
Opera in-built download manager speed: average of 3KBps
The same through IE via IDM : average 11KBps.

OP
almighty

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
how cum yaar
here i never get speed more than 6-7 kBps
whereas for same file firefox gives 11-12 kBps

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Finally now test with Firefox default download:
Same speed: 2KBps!

View attachment 1219

Conclusion: It seems like all browsers default downloaders doesn't do a good job when it comes to downloading. I see that the browsing speed is good, but downloading isn't. Even microsoft autoupdates proceeds above 12KBps.
Using IDM (or any download manager I suppose) really boosts th download speed.

OP
almighty

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
yup coz they split the files in different parts and also d.w from mirroe server at the same time
thats the main reason IMO

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
abtom said:
yeah,on edge also i get 15kBps + speeds.

I am also getting 15KBps using external Download managers. Browsing speed is fast. It's only the default downloaders of IE, Opera and Firefox that is not giving good speeds. Did you guys try without external downloaders? What speeds you are getting?

Hi All,

Even i am not getting a good downloading speed using Opera browser.
Yesterday i updated Opera to the latest version but post update its not working at all.I tried opening websites but all it says it that check for your internet connection.However my Internet Explorer is able to open the webpages.I checked for settings in Opera.All the settings are fine.I rebooted my PC,but the problem still persists.
Can someone tell me where did i go wrong?

Regards,
KD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom