Opera 15 released

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Download: Opera browser - The alternative web browser - Download free

What is new in Opera 15?

• An enhanced Speed Dial helps you organize your most viewed sites.
  • Stash saves pages for reading at a later time.
  • Discover recommends headlines you might like.
  • Off-Road mode compresses data to speed up browsing on slow connections.
  • A combined search and address bar lets you filter predictive results by search engine.

General and User Interface
Opera 15 is a major reinvention for Opera. Going forward, the browser's source code will be based on Chromium and Blink, a fork of the WebKit rendering engine.

Everything for this browser is new:
  • New rendering engine based on WebKit
  • New user interface
  • New capabilities
  • New features
  • Improved site compatibility
  • Silent auto updates

As Opera has recreated its desktop browser, features will be introduced selectively and iteratively.

New features

Combined address and search bar
Opera 15 combines the address and search bar, allowing for multiple predictive results that can be filtered by search engine. This bar includes options for adding current pages to Opera's Speed Dial or Stash, and expandable page information.

Enhanced Speed Dial

Opera 15 allows you to combine Speed Dial entries into groups, and introduces a search function that filters through entries.

Stash
Opera 15 introduces Stash - a feature that records the location, meta data, and a screen shot of a page. It places this information into a collapsible list entry on the browser's Start Page, that can be searched by keyword and/or scanned visually by screen shot.

Discover
A recommender service is included with Opera 15. Discover displays news and topical content that can be filtered by category or location/language.

Off-Road mode
Opera 15 adopts the server-side compression technology used by Opera Mobile.

Where's the zoom slider? How do I zoom into a page?

The zoom slider has been removed in Opera 15 to give you more screen space. You can zoom in or out from the main menu. Click the left or right arrows next to the word Zoom. Click the target to reset the page zoom to 100%.

From the keyboard you press Ctrl+(+) or Ctrl+(-).

--------------------
The immediate negative i experience is the "Load Images/Load from Cache/No Image" feature removed :( (it used be next to zoom buttons in Opera 12)

There is a lot of browser on the internet but no one is good for me and everyone.. i am share the great software of browser after using this you appreciate to me because this browser about the speed and security is very brilliant.. if anyone want to download please... HeRe

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
The immediate negative i experience is the "Load Images/Load from Cache/No Image" feature removed :( (it used be next to zoom buttons in Opera 12)

that used to be the Single reason i used Opera. Not to mention it one one hell of a browser when Chrome still come into the market. it was a major bandwidth saver when i had 700MB free usage.
maybe they'll reintroduce the feature in future updates??

sakumar79

Technomancer
Unfortunately, many of the power features of the old opera is missing... And customisability is very minimum... Hope they bring all or most of those features back with an update soon... Until then, I am keeping both versions (12 and 15)...

Arun

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Thats not convenient enough. It means that if I am in a particular website and wish to load another webpage in a new tab and let it load in the background, I cant just ctrl+click on the bookmarks bar. Instead now I have to open a new tab, then launch the page and come back to the previous tab :(

Also, Opera has issues with certain fonts, predominantly the ones used from theverge. Is there any workaround for that?

Top Bottom