openSUSE Linux latest (11.1) DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaym_2001

Broken In
I had installed ver 11 of the openSUSE Linux OS (came with Digit magz). Now I would like to install/upgrade to the recently-released ver 11.1 (see *www.opensuse.org/en/). But I do not have Net connection fast enough & 8 pm to 8 am (earlier free) is now chargeable (Tata Indicom ADSL).

Is there any place in India (or abroad) where one can buy this DVD (openSUSE 11.1) ? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Buy OpenSUSE out here: *en.opensuse.org/Buy_openSUSE

You could probably upgrade to 11.1 using apt-get, although I'm not too sure about the intricacies.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^No.
But you can use it for free if you are willing to use CentOS repo .

Buying the DVD from OpenSuse will turn out to be very expensive. It will be better if you buy from some other seller or get DVD image from someone having it in your city(or this forum)

OP
J

jaym_2001

Broken In
You could probably upgrade to 11.1 using apt-get, although I'm not too sure about the intricacies.

Upgrading will mean lot of bandwidth use. About 8-9 hours min, can't afford that.

Buy OpenSUSE out here: *en.opensuse.org/Buy_openSUSE
No, no ....don't want the boxed (retail/supported version), that is too expensive @ $ 59 + Shipping ... {might as well upgrade to (bloatware) Windows Vista or MS Office 2007}.
Am looking for the *free* version of openSUSE 11.1; (as in here: *software.opensuse.org/), just like most other users.

Last edited:

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Sorry! My mistake.

EDIT:
Maybe this one:
*www.rainbowcomputech.com/index.php

EDIT#2:
I suggest you wait for February, LFY may very well give OpenSUSE 11.1 DVD with its issue.

Last edited:

dreamzchm

Web Design Hobbyist
I had installed ver 11 of the openSUSE Linux OS (came with Digit magz). Now I would like to install/upgrade to the recently-released ver 11.1 (see *www.opensuse.org/en/). But I do not have Net connection fast enough & 8 pm to 8 am (earlier free) is now chargeable (Tata Indicom ADSL).

Is there any place in India (or abroad) where one can buy this DVD (openSUSE 11.1) ? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Yes , you can buy opensuse11.1 dvd in india. I recently oredered one and installed it . Please visit the vendor website:
*www.rainbowcomputech.com

OP
J

jaym_2001

Broken In
Thank you all. I bought the openSUSE 11.1 DVD on eBay.in (cost was of DVD media & shipping only).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom